PDA

View Full Version : Help fund a Ron Paul Airplane Banner for the Biggest College Football Rivalry

Rob
11-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone,

We still need donations to get the Michigan Ron Paul banner flying for biggest game in sports rivalry OSU vs. Michigan. Over 110,000 people will be in attendance with thousands more tailgating. On top of that, the theme of the day with be how Ron Paul can unite people across bitter divides. The visual and psychological impact of Wolverines and Buckeyes united for Ron Paul on the most bitter day of the rivalry will strike everyone who observes it. Please donate what you can at:

http://michigan.chipin.com

We're going make these dollars go a very long way.

Richandler
11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
I'll bump this.

me3
11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I seem to remember a Chipin for this already, and the amount was reached.

Is this a new ChipIn?

Rob
11-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I seem to remember a Chipin for this already, and the amount was reached.

Is this a new ChipIn?

Ahh, yes it is. We're flying 2 planes simultaneously, and I'll explain why. Quoting from the description:

This will be the biggest Ron Paul Football outing of the year! We have a large group of OSU fans who will be heading to Ann Arbor to campaign side by side with us. This is a chance to make a huge statement to the ability of Paul to cut across divides. The Michigan-OSU rivalry is the biggest and most heated sports rivalry in the entire US, if we can show that Ron Paul bring us together, we will make a huge statement about how deep his support runs. In addition to the typical campaign activities, the plan is to have not one but two Ron Paul airplane banners flying at the same time! In fact the Buckeyes have already raised all the money and have set theirs up!

In addition to that, there is a very good chance that ESPN Gameday will cover this game. If they do, they will be have all the major commentators and crew covering football games across the nation in Ann Arbor. They always have an outside booth behind which fans can stand and hold signs. We'd like to have a giant "Michigan and Ohio State united behind Ron Paul Banner" held by Michigan and Ohio State fans behind the booth. If this happens we would literally reach MILLIONS of viewers. I can't think of a much better opportunity to make a huge splash for Ron Paul. The audience will be national and the visual impact of Michigan and Ohio State fans standing together on the most heated day of the rivalry will be unprecedented. Please contribute to our banner if possible and held make this an event they will talk about across the nation! Local and national media will be informed about this event, and judging by the reaction I already got from the Ann Arbor News, I think the media will be there.

max
11-07-2007, 10:55 PM
this is potentially worth MILLIONS!...aircover from above and ground troops handing out Boston Tea party fliers...

this deserves a MAJOR bump because Michigan is an early primary state...

I will chip in defeinietely

JoshLowry
11-07-2007, 11:02 PM
You so need to try and get a "ron paul" chant going when the first plane is noticed by the stadium.

It would be epic if it caught on. I think you could organize it if you had 100 or so supporters spread out in a section.

Copperhed51
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Hmmm, just realized that this ought to be done for the KU/MU game at Arrowhead Stadium in KC on Nov 24. Not meaning to threadjack here but you just made me remember that the game is sold out (80,000+) and Arrowhead is pretty much the tailgating capital of the world. I have an airplane but unfortunately can't tow banners with it. Gotta look into this.

Rob
11-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Hmmm, just realized that this ought to be done for the KU/MU game at Arrowhead Stadium in KC on Nov 24. Not meaning to threadjack here but you just made me remember that the game is sold out (80,000+) and Arrowhead is pretty much the tailgating capital of the world. I have an airplane but unfortunately can't tow banners with it. Gotta look into this.

Yes it should be done absolutely. It would also be great is we could get people on the ground. That should be one of the biggest games of the year. If someone could take some video footage of everything it would be even better. The company we use is Air America Aerial Ads. They can do this over many locations around the country. Their number is 419.837.2602.

Rob
11-08-2007, 05:36 AM
For whatever reason Chipin is not updating, but we have now received $170! We only need $235 to reach out goal. Thank you for the donations!

DXDoug
11-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Bump! Bad Ass AirplaneS!!!! :eek: :D :D

deedles
11-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Here is another inexpensive idea for the game. Our meetup bought ten beach balls stamped with 'Ron Paul for President' on Ebay. We're going to hand them out before the game during our hot chocolate/literature rally at Lambeau, and ask that the folks we give them to blow them up and send them flying at the beginning of the third quarter. Just a thought!

Rob
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Here is another inexpensive idea for the game. Our meetup bought ten beach balls stamped with 'Ron Paul for President' on Ebay. We're going to hand them out before the game during our hot chocolate/literature rally at Lambeau, and ask that the folks we give them to blow them up and send them flying at the beginning of the third quarter. Just a thought!

That's not a bad idea. I'm going to look into it.

Grandson of Liberty
11-08-2007, 11:22 AM
bump

bulloncoins
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Just sent $10.00 your way. Good Luck.

Rob
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Just sent $10.00 your way. Good Luck.

Thank you, this has been up for only a day now and we're already almost halfway there. Thank you for your donation. This is the type of thing that attracts the state of Michigan's media attention, we're going to make sure that money goes a long way.

Rob
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
prime time bump

TechnoGuyRob
11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Bump for Buckeyes.

Rob
11-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Early morning bump.

Grandson of Liberty
11-09-2007, 03:00 PM
afternoon bump (not as dirty as it sounds) :D

SoloJlink
11-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm a Husker Fan but i'd support that idea over that game.. ;)

Rob
11-10-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm a Husker Fan but i'd support that idea over that game.. ;)

You could hold up signs that say "Ron Paul would fire Callahan." That would be sure to get some good attention, unless you run into one of his 5 remaining supporters ;). I'm was half expecting Osborne to relieve him of his duties and name himself interim coach, but I suppose he'll just wait until the end of the season to fire him. I've always worried that Michigan would have a very down year and that all the teams that have been waiting decades to pummel us would mercilessly run up the score. I thought it might be this year, but thank God the team has resurrected itself. Are you going to Memorial Stadium today?

RonPaulCentral
11-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Just gave ya $25

kutibah
11-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Bump