PDA

View Full Version : Negative Attack Signs

max
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
It's not enough to promote RP....

The truth about Rudy needs to come out. Our Meetup will be hanging signs that read:

Google: Giuliani scandals

There's enough there to sink this POS fast......the signs have nothing to do with RP..

another good one for NH could read: Google: Romney flip-flops

bbachtung
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
max, don't forget to tie in Giuliani to his newest best friend, Pat Robertson, who blames America for the 9/11 attacks.

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 10:07 PM
max, don't forget to tie in Giuliani to his newest best friend, Pat Robertson, who blames America for the 9/11 attacks.

Ok, definitely rephrase that last part. Let's not revist that one :p

me3
11-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I think it is a lot more fruitful to make sure the grassroots is informed and motivated on the delegates issue, more than campaigning against a candidate.

Remember, Rudy is mostly playing for Super Tuesday, after NH, we will have time to consider guerilla actions like this.

paulitics
11-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Ok, definitely rephrase that last part. Let's not revist that one :p

yep, and a local radio host just grouped Pat Robertson and Paul together in the "blames America for 911" category.

parke
11-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I think it is a lot more fruitful to make sure the grassroots is informed and motivated on the delegates issue, more than campaigning against a candidate.

Remember, Rudy is mostly playing for Super Tuesday, after NH, we will have time to consider guerilla actions like this.

True.. making signs that say he's a pro choice, gun grabbing, cross dressing, womanizing, big government liberal will be so much fun though!:p:D

max
11-07-2007, 10:10 PM
after NH, we will have time to consider guerilla actions like this.

"after NH?"....Look, if we cant win NH we have serious problems..

Rudy and Romney are still way ahead there.

me3
11-07-2007, 10:11 PM
"after NH?"....Look, if we cant win NH we have serious problems..

Rudy and Romney are still way ahead there.
And do we have all of our delegates there??? :D

Hope
Mudslinging isn't what we need right now. All our energy needs to focus on making friends, not enemies, with the Republicans in our area.

IKaNeI

Agreed, for it should Ron Paul speaking towards another candidate. I for one only talk about him and discuss other candidates positions if asked or injected.

Hope
11-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Agreed, for it should Ron Paul speaking towards another candidate. I for one only talk about him and discuss other candidates positions if asked or injected.

That's a good point, too. Even you say, "Google: Guiliani scandals" most people aren't going to Google it and you've basically just given Rudy free advertising through name recognition. The people who actively support Rudy aren't going to care about his scandals and the people who are on the fence are going to think it's immature to campaign against certain candidates rather than FOR one.

max
Mudslinging isn't what we need right now. All our energy needs to focus on making friends, not enemies, with the Republicans in our area.

How is calling attention to some of the SERIOUS scandals of a man who wants to be president "mudslinging"???

If you were about to buy a lemon from a sleazy used car salesman...and then I were to inform you that the car's transmission is about to go,....would you accuse me of "mudslinging"....or would you thank me for the info?

If you have your way, Rudy's mythical 9/11 heroism would go unchallenegd and he will win.

I swear...the timid among you will be the death of this campaign....why are some of you so afraid of your own shadows???

Hook

Well, Max likes to knife people, so let him do what he likes to do. :D Just let everyone do what they do best.
(Just don't associate it with Dr. Paul)

BTW Max, are you a professional hit man for the NJ mafia? :D

Mark Rushmore
11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
I agree that now is not at all the time to switch into internecine attack mode. But as a more general point, "GOOGLE THIS!" signs are a turnoff for two reasons. The person holding the sign seems to be, no offense, but a bit lazy to be pushing the effort of getting his own message across onto someone else's time. Second and relatedly, in this prepackaged soundbite era - it's much more effective to just get a domain like www.teardownthislie.com (which btw was available to register as of this post, and has lots of potential for giant rally signs sure to grab a quick look from Republican watchers - you know they can't help themselves ;)) and simply make that a list of links to articles that highlight what you want to say, even if its the equivalent results of a google search, it shows you've taken the initial effort. Meanwhile if they find something interesting, they'll be sure enough to Google it themselves.

But yeah, not the time IMHO.

Hope
11-07-2007, 10:27 PM
How is calling attention to some of the SERIOUS scandals of a man who wants to be president "mudslinging"???

If you were about to buy a lemon from a sleazy used car salesman...and then I were to inform you that the car's transmission is about to go,....would you accuse me of "mudslinging"....or would you thank me for the info?

If you have your way, Rudy's mythical 9/11 heroism would go unchallenegd and he will win.

I swear...the timid among you will be the death of this campaign....why are some of you so afraid of your own shadows???

It's not fear, Max. It's dignity paired with pragmatism. As I said above, you'll end up just giving Rudy free name recognition with most people.

The car dealership that sells really expensive, quality cars does NOT spend their time advertising that the guy down the street selling used Hondas is a schmoe. He doesn't have to. Furthermore, no one will take one dealership's allegations against another seriously (even though in this case they should) because they'll think they're just trying to badmouth the competition. We don't need that.

JoshLowry
11-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Max, I am tired of moving your threads.

Put them in the right forum.

Thanks.

Danny Molina
11-07-2007, 10:53 PM
One should be "If you want your tax dollars to fund abortions vote Giuliani!"

Matt Collins
11-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Huckabee and Fred will draw more votes away from RP than anyone else. We need to be focusing on them. See this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=374230#post374230