PDA

View Full Version : We will shock the world

K1RBY
11-07-2007, 10:00 PM
i doubted nov.5th - but now i am looking forward to dec.16th, and i honestly believe we will shock the world.

we must do 10M+

...we need to do more than just break the record again - we need to give the media something to talk about for years, and give the other candidates something to fear.

this will be one for the history books.

Shaun
11-07-2007, 10:17 PM
K1RBY,

It's a mathamatical certainity that RP people will raise 10m on Dec 16th. I mean that, it's certain. By then there will 30-50,000 new donors and you are exactly correct, when you acheive this the USA wakes up on Dec 17th with a new political reality.....yup, that's right....FRANK AND HANNITY are both totally and completely Fu---d! They are utterly ruined. And everyone on these boards will remember that day for the rest of their lives...

Hook
11-07-2007, 10:20 PM
K1RBY,

It's a mathamatical certainity that RP people will raise 10m on Dec 16th. I mean that, it's certain. By then there will 30-50,000 new donors and you are exactly correct, when you acheive this the USA wakes up on Dec 17th with a new political reality.....yup, that's right....FRANK AND HANNITY are both totally and completely Fu---d! They are utterly ruined. And everyone on these boards will remember that day for the rest of their lives...

You mean the cumulative for the quarter will be 10 million right? I don't think 10 mill for the day is anywhere near certain.
I put in $400 on the 5th, but I'm not donating any more until next quarter. Probably a lot of others are in the same boat.

dspectre
11-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I think we have a lot of reasons to be optimistic, but the second you think things are certain, well that is when you find out they are not.

Zydeco
11-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I think $10m is very doable on Dec. 16th. The event idea (Boston Tea Party) is perfect, and we will have a lot more people.

I also think $1m for this Sunday's moneybomb is probably conservative.

disciple
11-07-2007, 10:25 PM
If I have to borrow money, I will do it . This is one in a lifetime chance.

We simply have no other choice.

Do it as if your life depends on it, because it actually does.

Richandler
11-07-2007, 10:27 PM
You mean the cumulative for the quarter will be 10 million right? I don't think 10 mill for the day is anywhere near certain.
I put in $400 on the 5th, but I'm not donating any more until next quarter. Probably a lot of others are in the same boat.

You realize that by waiting till next quarter you just delay funds to be used only days before the election instead of the weeks of work that need to be done? This campaign has no choice but to focus on the early primary states. If you can't afford it it's understandable but if you are just waiting it's really pointless I think.

K1RBY
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
the average donation on the 5th was $103 ..and we only planned for about 10days.

this time everyone has a month to save up 100..and there is gonna be many many times more people knowing about it...because we are prolly gonna get mainstream media mentioning that its coming up.

Hook
11-07-2007, 10:30 PM
You realize that by waiting till next quarter you just delay funds to be used only days before the election instead of the weeks of work that need to be done? This campaign has no choice but to focus on the early primary states. If you can't afford it it's understandable but if you are just waiting it's really pointless I think.

No, because I lifted 4 times more weight than the average, so I'll let someone else do it this time. I don't feel like spending my savings in one shot.

disciple
11-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Each of the thirty eight thousand people who have donated need to convert at least two other people. We have more than a month to do it, so there is no excuse.

max
11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
how we build up and market this is key...

there has to be word of mouth to build this up into a HISTORICAL "party" that even non political people will want to get in for the fun....

we need to put together some snazzy marketing materials specifically for the Boston Tea Party and hand them out across America with slim jims...

talk radio calls ins...posting on Craigslist...street signs...everybody needs to get in on this

jake
11-07-2007, 10:56 PM
sitting around and spouting off that we will haul in 10 million on Dec. 16th will do nothing but ensure we will NOT reach that goal. Get out there and promote the event - online and in person instead of wildly speculating on the amount that will be brought in. the amount the day earns will be directly related to how much work is put into promotion for the donation drive.

Flirple
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
It's great to have huge goals (such as $10 mil) secretly tucked away in the back of your heads.
And such fanciful goals are indeed possible.

But we should stick to lofty yet pragmatic goals when we actually state them in videos and on websites. I think $7 million should be our stated goal. Even though some of us might be aiming for more. But there is no need to set ourselves up for disappointment. Let's keep the official number more realistic.

robatsu
11-08-2007, 12:45 AM
i doubted nov.5th - but now i am looking forward to dec.16th, and i honestly believe we will shock the world.

Nice sentiment, but the horse is out of the barn. RP has already shocked the world with the 1-2 punches of Q3 earnings and 11/5. Anything else along those lines is just mop-up. The grassroots, through the summer and early fall, already kicked the door down to access to the MSM for RP.

Now it is RP's turn at bat in the MSM to shock the world with showing how his message resonates w/non-Internet people who get all their news from MSM.

slantedview
11-08-2007, 12:58 AM
I agree that we need a 10 mil day. Is Dec 16th the official goal? We need to pick one day and have every man woman and child get behind it.

Taco John
11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
This is the thing: If we have a 10+ million dollar day, Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination.

It's as simple as that. Imagine if the New Hampshire primary was on December 11th, and Ron Paul won that, how that would affect the campaign leading into the other primaries... That's the net effect of a $10+ million dollar day. It would be the equivalent of winning the first primary.

The momentum going into the primaries would take the rest of the field by storm. It would turn us into a juggernaut.

Taco John
11-08-2007, 01:14 AM
I agree that we need a 10 mil day. Is Dec 16th the official goal? We need to pick one day and have every man woman and child get behind it.

Yes December 16th.

madcat033
11-08-2007, 01:27 AM
No way I'm in with the earlier guys... we need to go ALL OUT on December 16th. Do whatever we gotta do to get like $10 million + on that day. I mean, breaking the record gave us credibility but there were some people who brushed it off as saying that that it was all internet and he owns the internet, or one guy who said that it shows how much easier it is to raise now with the internet, or whatever.

If we could triple Mitt's old record, just absolutely shatter it, and hold the two biggest fundraising days... that would be huge. Absolutely huge. We need to get the word out for December 16th and go all out.

slantedview
11-08-2007, 01:29 AM
I've seen some comments that December 16th is too far off. Will we be neglecting anything major if we wait that long for the next bomb? The date feels about right to me... a month should give plenty of time to make it a huge success.

jake
11-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Yes, the date is perfect. we just need the website(s) up and running ASAP - which they will be. can't wait to see the design for teaparty07.com

john_anderson_ii
11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
10 days of frantic promotion gained 4.2 million. We now have 30 days of frantic hype and promotion with a HUGE rally to kick it off.

We really should be combining efforts this way. When the Arab Newspaper ad goes out again it should mention the Dec 16 fund raiser. It should be on everyone's lips at the rally, it should be sent to all myspace and facebook and meetup groups.

Pretty much, anyone who has heard the name Ron Paul now needs to hear the date, Dec 16.

If we can do that, it will be HUGE, so huge I can't imagine it. We have to start promoting this, and keep the excitement up so people don't forget.

Like include some good RP news every day when the tea party site sends out it's newsletters.

Energy
11-08-2007, 02:03 AM
No reason not to set a $10 million dollar goal. We have time. Existing donors and new donors. We got more than $10 million on Nov 5th: cash + priceless interviews.

We learned a lot from the 5th. This time will be bigger. Aim for the stars, hit Neptune.

user
11-08-2007, 02:22 AM
I can understand not wanting to set a goal that's too high, but remember the original goal for the 5th was $10 million. This was even mentioned briefly in some of the MSM coverage, but nobody really cares. Everybody knows how huge the total was, even if it wasn't close to 10 mil.

alien
11-08-2007, 02:28 AM

Wrong answer. I donated and will donate again on the 16th as well as inbetween. Just because you are done for the quarter does not mean most are. I just can't donate more until after we move at the end of this month.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-08-2007, 02:56 AM
10 million? I've thought for a few days now that raising 12 million on that day would be possible. Not certain, but certainly possible. How amazing would that be, to raise the entire Q4 goal in a day? That would give RP at least 20 million for the quarter.

JordanL
11-08-2007, 03:20 AM
10 million? I've thought for a few days now that raising 12 million on that day would be possible. Not certain, but certainly possible. How amazing would that be, to raise the entire Q4 goal in a day? That would give RP at least 20 million for the quarter.

The goal I'm promoting is $13 million. $1 million for each original state of the United States.

pacelli
11-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Don't forget about the 11/11 fundraising event!

http://www.thisnovember11th.com/

I found this link somewhere on these forums.

bootstrap
11-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Hey guys, the enthusiasm is great, but how about a reality check.

First, somebody needs to post IN THIS THREAD the exact dates people vote in each [important] state (and state whether the state is "winner takes all").

Second, somebody needs to contact the campaign and ASK THEM when they need the money to be able to EFFECTIVELY apply the money towards those dates. Remember, if they need to spend some of the money to create quality ads, producing first class ads could take some time, and reserving effective TV and magazine and newspaper slots might require advance notice.

Finally, please make no specific projections. The better Ron Paul does, the more aggressively the MSM will spin everything negatively. To give opinions and speculate on this forum should be okay, but not on anything that looks official. Also remember, some of us "maxed out" to help make November 5th great (either $2300 or as much as they can afford). So they cannot help again. Don't go crazy!

If we win the primaries, we win the election (if voting machines are not rigged).

wildflower
11-08-2007, 04:23 AM
If we win the primaries, we win the election (if voting machines are not rigged).

I agree with this statement. The tough part is winning the primary. But if/when it comes down to Hillary vs Ron Paul, Paul wins the election. The only way it wouldn't happen is if it's rigged, as you said. At that point we'll know for sure if we still have freedom in this country.