PDA

View Full Version : Excellent argument for low poll numbers

Question_Authority
11-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I just wrote this as a LTE and I think this would be good fodder for letters to the editor, letters to FAUX NEWS, letters to RNC, etc.

(NOTE: I do think that FAUX NEWS excluding Paul could be one of the best things to happen to the RP campaign, because we will blow the roof off of this. IN fact, we could make Dec 4th another MONEY BOMB day, etc etc etc. Huge publicity could be gained)

Why is Ron Paul so low in the polls?

1. Most pollsters are calling "likely Republican voters," which generally means "Republicans who voted in the last presidential election". Most of those Republicans voted for Bush, knowing full well what Bush is made of. Those people are now responding favorably to similar politicians like Giuliani, Romney and McCain, even Huckabee.

2. But who are pollsters NOT including in the polls?

a. People who did not vote at all last election, like new voters aged 18-21 and people who never voted in the past, due to apathy or disgust.

b. Independents

c. Republicans who did not vote in the last election because they were disgusted with Bush.

d. Democrats who have switched to Republican in order to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries

e. Libertarians and other 3rd party members.

f. People who only use cell phones! College students, and
in fact a good majority of people under 30, do not own a landline! Pollsters never call cellphones. Young people make up a large proportion of RP supporters.

Ron Paul is truly a maverick candidate who is generating support amongst a broad cross-section of supporters, and the "traditional media poll" is either not equipped to measure it, or chooses not to.

Once again, the media is attempting to create the reality they want to promote:

1. They promote some candidates relentlessly. Those candidates magically rise to the top of the polls!

2. They ignore other candidates. And those candidates magically stay at the bottom!

3. Then they say "so-and-so will never be elected because he is not getting enough attention". And they say this with a straight face! As if they had nothing to do with it! This has been happening since January.

4. I just now heard Wolf Blitzer say "Ron Paul is raising a lot of money, but why is he still lagging in the polls?" Hmmm. Does Wolf Blitzer know less about the poll dynamics than I do? Is he really that clueless about his own industry?

Why not find out for yourself? Ron Paul is a strong and viable candidate with a proven commitment to freedom, peace and non-intervention. Please do not let the mainstream media choose your candidate for you again. Google Ron Paul, do the research for yourself, and make your own decision.

Feel free to use this letter any way you wish, unless you are sending to NH papers, because I will be doing that!

Badger Paul
11-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I think its safe to say Ron has more support outside the GOP than inside it. And the only way he's going to win is to grow the electorate i.e. to bring more people into the GOP tent to even the odds wether its through open primaries or registration shifts.

me3
11-07-2007, 10:10 PM
The anti-Bush rhetoric is pretty thick. You can supplement that with the low primary turnout (see Lew Rockwell tomorrow) %s to explain how they are polling a small base, of a small base.

Remember, Bush was the incumbent.

Richandler
11-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Here's another reason.

Times mentioned on MSM
McCain: 95,000
Paul: 4,400

ronpaulyourmom
11-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Even within that small group that gets polled, Ron Paul is climbing... 4-5% nationally now, we've got the momentum.