PDA

View Full Version : Great quotes by Ron Paul- the most principled candidate to run in decades

pinkmandy
12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul

“The most basic principle to being a free American is the notion that we as individuals are responsible for our own lives and decisions. We do not have the right to rob our neighbors to make up for our mistakes, neither does our neighbor have any right to tell us how to live, so long as we aren’t infringing on their rights. Freedom to make bad decisions is inherent in the freedom to make good ones. If we are only free to make good decisions, we are not really free.”
― Ron Paul

“Failure of government programs prompts more determined effort, while the loss of liberty is ignored or rationalized away...whether is it is the war on poverty, drugs, terrorism...or the current Hitler of the day, an appeal to patriotism is used to convince the people that a little sacrifice of liberty, here or there, is a small price to pay...The results, though, are frightening and will soon become even more so.”
― Ron Paul

“If two parties with two sets of bad ideas cooperate, the result is not good policy, but policy that is extremely bad. What we really need are correct economic and politcal ideas, regardless of the party that pushes them.”
― Ron Paul

There are so many amazing ones by Dr. Paul as he's truly a man of great wisdom. I've been putting one/day as my facebook status and I'm getting a lot of likes from non-political people. Maybe not everyone is bothered to watch a video or read an article but a short quote may pique curiosity and encourage independent research. At the very least it may help people relate to Paul and read, in short quotes, what the man really stands for to counterbalance some of the absurd claims made by people in the media.

cdc482
12-15-2011, 11:02 AM
"How can I run for office and say I want to be a weak president? We need a strong president, strong enough to resist the temptation of taking power the President shouldn’t have."-- on running for the things he doesn't want to do

There's one something like, "Most people run for President to run the world, the economy, and your life. I don't want to run the world. I don't know how, and I don't have the authority."

pinkmandy
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
This is the one I have up today and it has sparked a conversation on the lack of morals of most politicians and why they should have the power to tell others how to live while they so often disobey morality laws themselves:

“The most basic principle to being a free American is the notion that we as individuals are responsible for our own lives and decisions. We do not have the right to rob our neighbors to make up for our mistakes, neither does our neighbor have any right to tell us how to live, so long as we aren’t infringing on their rights. Freedom to make bad decisions is inherent in the freedom to make good ones. If we are only free to make good decisions, we are not really free.”
― Ron Paul

It's fun engaging people like this- no one is getting defensive or offensive- and it gets the wheels turning in their minds and plants seeds in the minds of those who read but don't comment. I have a good mix of friends from all political stripes and, to me, it's so important for everyone to realize we really have far more in common than not.

georgiaboy
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Bump for joy.