PDA

View Full Version : The response to the Blowback question

roversaurus
12-15-2011, 09:37 AM
"Congressman Paul, you have blamed America for 9/11. Do you really believe that?"

"No, I've described it as 'blowback'.

"Every high school history book will tell you that the cause of World War II was World War I. And when they explain why that is they say it was because of the harsh sanctions imposed on Germany after the First World War that caused such harsh conditions in Germany and such frustration among her people that the Nazi party could come to power. So every knowledgeable historian says that the Treaty of Versailles contributed to World War II.

"Now, does that mean Hitler was a nice guy? No? Does that mean Germany wasn't responsible for attacking their neighbors? No. But it was an instance of blowback and since then every diplomat and high school kid has heard the warning that you should never impose harsh sanction after a war.

"And I am warning that our foreign policy has blowback potential and we must be wary. The sooner we withdraw from the middle east the better."

Spikender
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice one! It's funny when you consider the fact that most people acknowledge World War II and the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany as blowback, but they refuse to acknowledge that the very same blowblack scenario is happening as we speak.

I really think Paul should use this, this is a perfect answer. It just slaps the silly question into submission.