PDA

View Full Version : NEWT IS DROPPING LIKE A ROCK (thanks to the Ron Paul campaign!)

12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Newt Gingrich's momentum has halted, and he is dropping like a rock in Iowa.

The new Rasmussen poll released today shows Gingrich down to 20 percent from 32 percent on November 15.

Same survey showed Romney at 23 percent and Ron Paul at 18 percent.

Ron Paul's attacks on Gingrich have been working!

We need to keep it up, as obviously we are going to gain more from a Gingrich fall than a Romney one. Besides that, we have a lot to gain from Gingrich's support winnowing.

Think about it: as Newt falls, what will happen is that the supporters we get from him will likely be the conservatives who would have a relatively hard time supporting Romney and decide to come our way. Therefore, the ones that stay with Gingrich will be folks who could go either way between Romney and Gingrich.

As a result, Romney's support will be decreased in New Hampshire by whatever Gingrich has left there, as well as in Iowa.

This is a perfect storm for our campaign.

Let's reward the Ron Paul campaign for its excellent strategy tonight at midnight by flooding www.ronpaul2012.com with our donations for Tea Party 2011!!!!

wgadget
12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
DROPPING LIKE A BAG OF FECES

Working Poor
12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Ha ha,....

Aratus
12-15-2011, 09:27 AM
^look up^ (do avoid any bs dropping + raining down!)

Todd
12-15-2011, 09:31 AM
So when do we attack Romney for what he is?

trey4sports
12-15-2011, 09:35 AM

I'm not sure we can get away with another attack ad until after Iowa. I think we need to go positive.

milo10
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM

Once we have Newt knocked down, we have the entire campaign to focus on Romney. It will be too late for them to resurrect anyone else. Bachmann might have a surge in Iowa, and Huntsman may do well in New Hampshire, but I doubt they can translate that into anything else.

milo10
12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure we can get away with another attack ad until after Iowa. I think we need to go positive.

Yeah, and let's keep it clean for now with Mitt. They want us to do well in Iowa relative to Newt, as they don't take us seriously. So long as Mitt is respectful to us, we should be in return until after Iowa. Then the gloves come off. :D

Todd
12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Once we have Newt knocked down, we have the entire campaign to focus on Romney. It will be too late for them to resurrect anyone else. Bachmann might have a surge in Iowa, and Huntsman may do well in New Hampshire, but I doubt they can translate that into anything else.

You don't win Iowa and/or NH...how likely is it we get other chances? I just feel like we have to win one of them.

WilliamC
12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Romney changes his positions so often I can almost see him as coming around to support Ron Paul, at least verbally, before this is all over.

Carole
12-15-2011, 10:07 AM

I tend to agree with the positive message at this point. :)

Canderson
12-15-2011, 10:17 AM
The Rasmussen poll shows romney out front. If Gingrich falls to fast we might be screwed.

bluesc
12-15-2011, 10:19 AM

They already are. Someone reported hearing a new ad on the radio in Iowa about Ron's plan. It may be from RevPAC, since the campaign always uploads their ads before rolling them out.

wgadget
12-15-2011, 10:20 AM

Them propping up Romney should be good for a few weeks of laughter.

milo10
12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
You don't win Iowa and/or NH...how likely is it we get other chances? I just feel like we have to win one of them.

We don't need to go on a major offensive against Mitt to win Iowa.

Canderson
12-15-2011, 10:24 AM
We don't need to go on a major offensive against Mitt to win Iowa.

If Gingrich falls to fast we might.

specsaregood
12-15-2011, 10:26 AM

Only 16% of Americans think life will be better for their offspring. :(
I think we need a Hope advertisement, something positive with Dr. Paul explaining how we can cure the disease and get a second chance on life. Oh and with Carol or a seperate Carol Paul ad altogether.

BUSHLIED
12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Looks like Newt people may run to Romney...not good. Although, the race is (obviously) more within reach with Romney at 23 as oppose to Gingrich in the lower 30s....

milo10
12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
If Gingrich falls to fast we might.

That's true, I can't argue with that. And tonight is the last big debate, so that will be behind us. Maybe they'll have to get something up this weekend.

Personally, I would have preferred that Ron go positive for a while. That is more his personality, and we just did 2 negative ads against Newt.

iamse7en
12-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Intrade numbers show him taking a big tumble...

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8662/newtdrop.png

And RP near the top in Iowa:

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/605/iowa.png

cucucachu0000
12-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the rabid attack dogs of the right are gonna back fire on them juust like attacks on cain failed and actually rallied support around him. And disconnect them as another msm. Pawn. I'm pretty sxcited about it.