PDA

View Full Version : Being a county chair, precinct chair, and/or a delegate

xRedfoxx
12-15-2011, 08:21 AM
The solidify our support for Ron Paul and his style of conservative politics, it is crucial to become involved in the political process. Many of us learned the pitfalls four years ago. The GOP used all sorts of rules to keep us out of straw polls, used technicalities to keep us out as delegates, etc. It is crucial that we all become involved from beginning to end. Research how to run your precinct convention as soon at the polls close. Research how you can become the temporary chair of the precinct convention and from there steer the tone and direction of the convention including who becomes the permanent chair and who becomes delegates. Understand that if you become a delegate at your precinct level, you need to fight your way to become a delegate each step of the way to become a national delegate. Understand that it many times is a vote, so you need to gain support of the group. It's a time to make friends and to not look like a criminal. These meetings are heavily attended by older republican people, that won't vote for some person with messy hair, or tatoos, etc. Looks the part!!

Ron Paul is about to win Iowa. We must find another high gear because the attacks are about to triple and only we with persistence can keep Paul elevated and return this country to a truly constitutional limited government.

Be sure to vote for all that apply!! You can have multiple choices.

xRedfoxx
Visit my blog at: http://www.libertyandhope.blogspot.com/

xRedfoxx
12-15-2011, 08:43 AM
You can have multiple choices, so if you plan on going to state, be sure to also put precinct and county too!

xRedfoxx
12-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I hope we have more than two folks planning on being delegates and precinct chairs!! Doing these things are just as important as voting!! Or the old timers will continue to run the GOP into the ground!!

xRedfoxx
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm bumping this to see if there are any more takers!! I hope everyone is doing the groundwork now to be full blown delegates and more during this election process!!

xRedfoxx
12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Just curious if anymore out there are going to participate in the process otther than voting.

xRedfoxx
01-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Bump

Pyyro
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
I was considering becoming a delegate but I have no experience in politics, I'm very young and I've never had a job before. On top of that, I have Aspergers so I have trouble speaking with people and making connections and friendships with people. I'm also not a very good speaker. I don't really know what being a delegate encompasses but I did check up on some sites about being a delegate for Ron Paul. I'm not sure if it would be the right path for me but I'd like to get involved in some way.

Scott_in_PA
01-23-2012, 10:14 PM
In Pa we/I will have to get elected so if that happens I'll be a yes for a state delegate.

I've heard their are a few hundred trying to get ballot access.:D

edit:
PA = 72 unbound but 54+ are elected and the rest party people.

mmadness
01-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Bump - this is important! Plus please check the stickied delegates thread at the top of Grassroots Central (or in my sig) and please add any important info that you have that isn't already there. Thanks!

mmadness
01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
bump

rb3b3
01-24-2012, 07:51 PM
i just signed up to vote in early january for the first time ever, i registered republican so i can vote for paul in primary, i am willing to do anything i can to help this man get elected, but i have no idea if i am eligible to be any of the choices in the poll, i am from long island new york, and if i can do any of those things to help, i am IN just tell me how to do it step by step like for dummies. i am in a town in long island called yaphank.

mmadness
01-24-2012, 08:14 PM
i just signed up to vote in early january for the first time ever, i registered republican so i can vote for paul in primary, i am willing to do anything i can to help this man get elected, but i have no idea if i am eligible to be any of the choices in the poll, i am from long island new york, and if i can do any of those things to help, i am IN just tell me how to do it step by step like for dummies. i am in a town in long island called yaphank.

Check out the delegate thread (in my sig) and sign up to be a delegate in NY pronto. Learn the NY-specific stuff (such as what paperwork you need to file for delegates, deadlines, etc.) and get other RP supporters in NY registered repub, registered to vote, and then delegates as well. The best thing is to get in contact with more experienced NY RP supporters, who are already delegates/chairs and they can help you expedite the process. You might have to contact the campaign, or checkout ronpaul.meetup.com or ronpaulcountry.com to do so.

mmadness
01-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Understand that if you become a delegate at your precinct level, you need to fight your way to become a delegate each step of the way to become a national delegate. Understand that it many times is a vote, so you need to gain support of the group. It's a time to make friends and to not look like a criminal. These meetings are heavily attended by older republican people, that won't vote for some person with messy hair, or tatoos, etc. Looks the part!!

Repeated for emphasis!

sailingaway
01-24-2012, 08:18 PM
My understanding is that the push for delegates is for caucus states. I'm in California. Am I wrong?

mmadness
01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
My understanding is that the push for delegates is for caucus states. I'm in California. Am I wrong?

Yes, caucus states are a must.

I think the general consensus is to be a delegate. Period. It can help Ron in later voting rounds in a brokered convention, plus getting involved as a delegate gives you the ability to influence party platform, gain party influence/know-how and identify other key RP supporters so you can organize.

mmadness
01-25-2012, 06:45 AM
bump

rb3b3
01-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Check out the delegate thread (in my sig) and sign up to be a delegate in NY pronto. Learn the NY-specific stuff (such as what paperwork you need to file for delegates, deadlines, etc.) and get other RP supporters in NY registered repub, registered to vote, and then delegates as well. The best thing is to get in contact with more experienced NY RP supporters, who are already delegates/chairs and they can help you expedite the process. You might have to contact the campaign, or checkout ronpaul.meetup.com or ronpaulcountry.com to do so.

i am brand new to this entire process, this is the first time i am ever voting in my life, i filled out the form in your sig... where do i go from here?

Cinderella
01-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm hoping to be elected as a delegate. I'm willing to go all the way to the national level for Dr. Paul. I would also say its important to familiarize yourselves with Roberts Rule or Order. We want to speak the language and most importantly understand the jargon that is used. Becoming a delegate will help Dr. Paul win the nomination!! Delegates determine the nominee :)

mmadness
01-25-2012, 05:49 PM
bump

mmadness
01-25-2012, 05:49 PM
i am brand new to this entire process, this is the first time i am ever voting in my life, i filled out the form in your sig... where do i go from here?

Check out the other links in the OP in the delegates thread. Especially the delegates training site.

mmadness
01-26-2012, 06:34 AM
bump

CrushingSteps
01-26-2012, 06:38 AM
I would VERY much like to fight for a National Delegate spot representing the State of New York.

However!

I have very little information & no training - and need as MUCH help as is available.
Thanks guys

mmadness
01-26-2012, 07:05 AM
I would VERY much like to fight for a National Delegate spot representing the State of New York.

However!

I have very little information & no training - and need as MUCH help as is available.
Thanks guys

Hi there and welcome to RPF. Thanks for taking your support for RP to the next level! To help, I would suggest checking the stickied delegates thread at the top of Grassroots Central. Or you can click on the first link in my sig to get there directly. That will help you with general delegate information.

I believe the NY-specific delegate info is available on the delegates training site. HOWEVER, the best thing is to get in touch with your local NY RP supporters. Some may be former delegates or are currently already delegates for NY. They will help you much better than the online resources, which are a start.

Cinderella
01-26-2012, 09:12 AM
bump

Tim Calhoun
01-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Bump

Matthew5
01-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Just E-mailed my county chair to get dates for training.

mmadness
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
bump

mmadness
01-27-2012, 02:05 AM
bump

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm lol'ing because I've already done most of these from the 2008 cycle... :p

mmadness
01-28-2012, 03:04 AM
bump

PolicyReader
01-28-2012, 04:25 AM
I'm hoping to be elected as a delegate. I'm willing to go all the way to the national level for Dr. Paul. I would also say its important to familiarize yourselves with Roberts Rule or Order. We want to speak the language and most importantly understand the jargon that is used. Becoming a delegate will help Dr. Paul win the nomination!! Delegates determine the nominee :)

^^This, knowing Roberts Rules of Order is key. Once you've filed your paperwork to become a delegate make sure you pick up a copy and learn these not knowing them is one of the things that got PR supporters bounced during '08

Sadly I can't become a delegate in my area (I'm in Utah I know the people who run things in my area and being both younger and non-Mormon is nearly an automatic disqualifier. That and the guy who's county chair knows me personally for years and doesn't like me for being a 'bad influence' on his daughter.)

I'm willing to help as much as I can so if anyone is trying to figure things out for Utah get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do.

mmadness
01-28-2012, 05:23 PM
bump

mmadness
01-29-2012, 12:59 PM
bump

mmadness
02-03-2012, 01:42 AM
bump

GunnyFreedom
02-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Yes, Roberts Rules of Order is 1000% critical. Of course it's such an exciting page-turner that you may prefer the "Robert's Rules for Dummies" version. I have both. Without an understanding of parliamentary procedure, even serious majorities can be thwarted. With an understanding of parliamentary procedure, serious minorities can achieve victory.

PeacePlan
02-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Here is a training session of a mock caucus in Minnesota that we are doing. I would guess most states it is just like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkZERpWTIFs

LandonCook
02-03-2012, 02:26 AM
I and two other Ron Paul supporters went to the State convention around the same time I was running for office. If enough of you join in at the grassroots level there is nothing they can do to stop you!

Arkansas is way late in the game.... Sadly im going to wait to organize until later on this month. Ive got a busy work load.

mmadness
02-04-2012, 04:53 AM
bump

whippoorwill
02-04-2012, 05:48 AM
bump.

lib3rtarian
02-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I signed up to become a precinct co-chair for my precinct in NC. We'll take GOP back one step at a time.

mmadness
02-05-2012, 01:39 PM
bump