PDA

View Full Version : FOX News Iowa Debate Requirements

Don
11-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Debate to be nationally televised by FOX NEWS CHANNEL

The Republican Party of Iowa announced today that it will hold its presidential debate at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines. The event, to be held the evening of December 4, 2007, will be the first debate in Iowa to be televised by FOX News Channel this election season, as well as the first debate sponsored by the Republican Party of Iowa.

Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Ray Hoffmann said, "With the caucuses less than a month away, our December 4 debate will be very telling to Iowans and the nation. We are thrilled to be having this event in central Iowa, and right in downtown Des Moines which will be the epicenter on caucus night."

The debate will be limited to those candidates who have satisfied the following criteria:

1. Announced a formal campaign for President: and

2. Filed the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission; and

3. Met all U.S. constitutional requirements; and

4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa or garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
How can we help, Don?

"Most recent national polls". Does that mean polls that have already been taken, or polls that are yet to come? Any idea?

Wasn't Dr. Paul already invited to this at one point?

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 09:58 PM
bump

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 10:22 PM
please someone clarify,i dont think this forum or ron paul or iowa or fox knows how pissed and livid i am and many others,can someone claify asap,so i know and others.

WE MUST hold them accountable,i keep seeing posts about this,can we get some clarification???
I havent called yet but at this point i have nothing nice to say about iowa republican party or fox or the national gop....they are killing themselves,if the gop continues to act like this,then i will watch the gop flounder like a fish out of water.

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
please someone clarify,i dont think this forum or ron paul or iowa or fox knows how pissed and livid i am and many others,can someone claify asap,so i know and others.

WE MUST hold them accountable,i keep seeing posts about this,can we get some clarification???
I havent called yet but at this point i have nothing nice to say about iowa republican party or fox or the national gop....they are killing themselves,if the gop continues to act like this,then i will watch the gop flounder like a fish out of water.

See, I am completely freaked out too. I have a thread on this and I have people saying its true, then I have people saying its not true. I have not gotten a clear answer and i am starting to get freaked.

bbachtung
11-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Remember the last time that the elites excluded RP from an event at the Hy-Vee Hall?

MsDoodahs
11-07-2007, 10:49 PM
The debate isn't until 12/4.

We have enough time to get clarification and plan strategy for all eventualities.

:)

jacmicwag
11-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes, this is nerve-racking but we just have to trust in the goodness of Fox and their chief henchman - Sean Hannity. Right.