PDA

View Full Version : Let’s Recruit Clint Eastwood!! Pledge your help!!

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 09:32 PM
This afternoon, we brainstormed and identified the best and most well respected potential Ron Paul supporter in Hollywood. The result of the brainstorming was Clint Eastwood! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33657)

Here are the reasons:

He's VERY conservative and was actually elected as mayor of mayor of Carmel, CA a few years back. Can you imagine a campaign commercial/endorsement from Dirty Harry? Who in their right mind would try to slam him?? We maybe need to find out where he stands on the whole WOT thing.

From here: http://www.cinematical.com/2007/02/26/clint-eastwood-slams-republicans-talks-iwo-jima-unforgiven-ne/ :

Eastwood intersperses the cinema talk with a dash of politics. He chides those who bash a film's themes without seeing it (Million Dollar Baby), and then makes a dig at Republicans: "I'm not really conservative. I'm conservative on certain things. I believe in less government. I believe in fiscal responsibility and all those things that maybe Republicans used to believe in but don't any more." Snap!

Also this:

USA Weekend (http://www.seanbonner.com/blog/archives/000330.php)asked:

So, socially, you're live-and-let-live. How about politically?

Clint said:

"I suppose. I don't see myself as conservative, but I'm not ultra-leftist. You build a philosophy of your own. I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. Even as a kid, I was annoyed by people who wanted to tell everyone how to live. "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7183875/

Eastwood interviewed by Matthews.

Starts to get good around 2:00 in..

Watch for when he says we can't be the world's "police force"...

If you want a good idea of a sales package to give to Clint, massive e-mailing and all link to same vid which is as follows:

Clint Eastwood clip saying "we can't be world's police force"
Ron Paul clip saying "we can't be world's police force" I'm sure he's said it verbatim at some point

if there are any other such parallels, show them. What do you guys think?

That is a really damn good idea. If anyone wants to be a hero, make YouTube videos like this! Then when you email Clint Eastwood and ask for his support, you can say you made a YouTube video about it! People that see the video can email saying they saw the video (and link the video!)

http://www.libertarianrock.com/clint.html

Ask or hire Eastwood or Selleck to produce a tv commercial and see what we get. I think these two guys have two of the most trusted and recognizable voices in the business.

http://www.clinteastwood.net/sitefaq.html#faq8

Q: What is Clint Eastwood's mailing address?
A: The official address to write Clint Eastwood is:

Clint Eastwood
C/O Malpaso Productions, Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd,
Burbank CA, 91505

Q: What is Clint Eastwood's e-mail address?
A: We do not have an official public e-mail address for Clint Eastwood, so please do not ask.

Ok, so now what do we do? We write letters! His email address is not listed so we'll do this this the old fashioned way! If we can convince Clint Eastwood to support Ron Paul, we will rock the presidential race!!

Clint Eastwood
4000 Warner Blvd,
Burbank CA, 91505

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Snail-mail = Clint Eastwood + Ron Paul

Clint Eastwood
4000 Warner Blvd,
Burbank CA, 91505

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
someone needs to go to the Zoolander Center for Forum Mods that Read Good and Want to do Other Stuff Good To :D

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Anyone else on board with this? I spend 30 hours a week making YouTube videos. I will SHAME YOU ALL into writing letters :D

Roxi
11-07-2007, 09:57 PM
ill write a letter

IKaNeI
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
This is actually a really good idea. You contact Ron Paul's Campaign about this?

Brian Bailey
11-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm a big Eastwood fan.

I don't think very many emails are necessary, though. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he's aware of Dr. Paul. If he's on board, he'll get on board with little or no prompting.

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm a big Eastwood fan.

I don't think very many emails are necessary, though. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he's aware of Dr. Paul. If he's on board, he'll get on board with little or no prompting.

Wrong attitude Brian :)

Assume the worst and you'll always be prepared! :D

Copperhed51
11-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I remember recently there was a story about what celebrity people would most want to be president. He was #1. That would be huge but I wouldn't expect it.

Shaun
11-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I will get a message into Durk Pearson and ask him would Clint endorse RP...I'll do it within the next week. This is an excellent idea. Clint may be up for it.

Mastiff
11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
This would be awesome. I just watched Outlaw Josey Wales. I forgot how cool Clint is.

Danny Molina
11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Who gave this thread two stars?

I'm a big fan of Clint Eastwood movies. Nobody is more bad*** than he is.

Pete Kay
11-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Eastwood for Veep!

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 12:38 AM
bumpage

ConstitutionGal
11-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Well, gee.....guess since I was the one that brought him up, I guess I'll whip up a snail-mail letter and get it sent out.

Should I include a DVD or just keep it old-fashioned and to the point? Clint strikes me as sort of a no-nonsense and no-frills kinda guy.

user
11-08-2007, 02:31 AM
My suggestion to anyone who does this would be to emphasize you have no connection to the official campaign, and that you're just an average freedom-loving American, or something like that. What I mean is, I don't think it would be a good idea if Clint got the impression that this was organized by the campaign.

jake
11-08-2007, 02:33 AM
and also make sure you let him know you are a big fan of his work (mention specific movies you like of his!)

newmedia4ron
11-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Someone make a site where people will get an email alert for a set date to all send a letter to Clint on the same day.

300 letters to Clint, mailed all on the same day. This is like five minutes of your time. It's worth a try. Five minutes could mean a a celebrity endorsement.

Are you sure that is the best address?
I found another one.
Clint Eastwood
PO Box 4366
Carmel, CA 93921-4366
USA

Email: rowdiyates@aol.com

LibertyOfOne
11-08-2007, 04:05 AM
He would make an awesome press spokesman.

ConstitutionGal
11-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Honestly, I don't think we need to overwhelm him. It will look like too much of a concerted effort instead of a truly personal one. I say maybe 5 or 6 folks spread out over 3 or 4 weeks and then see if any of those folks hear back from him or if he maybe issues a press release or something official.

jrich4rpaul
11-08-2007, 08:04 AM
What a good idea!

constituent
11-08-2007, 08:11 AM
clint eastwood (the NRA's Fred Thompson) appeals to a certain audience that is largely a RP friendly crowd anyway...

however, as a total racist tool and spokesman for the globalist agenda of firearm restrictions
(funny how when you hear that "cold dead hands" line it means something b/c people saw it in a movie, even if the reality of that individual's/group's actions should send alarms screaming in your head), he would also do mega-mucho to turn off potential recruits who see him as just another narrow-minded honky (which he is).

i'm surprised gun owners haven't been calling for that guy's head btw.... again, b/c he was in some movie "gunowners" think that makes him their friend/ally, get a grip (pun intended)... f* (yes, f*) reality, we've got t.v.

durrrr... like steven segal rocks!

just my .02, write away though... when it comes down to it, all publicity is good publicity. this is just a little something for your consumption, make of it what you will.

ConstitutionGal
11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Okay, below are some odds -n ends about and by Clint Eastwood. I think (except for maybe the gun quote, that he's definitely someone we should go after for an endorsement:

Admitted to voting for Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1952 and 1956, Richard Nixon in 1968 and 1972, Ronald Reagan in 1980 and 1984, and Ross Perot in 1992. - he may not mind backing a perceived underdog

At a press conference for his movie Mystic River (2003), Eastwood condemned the Iraq war as a "big mistake" and defended Sean Penn's visit to Baghdad, saying he might have done the same thing but for his age.

1992: He declined an offer from President George Bush to campaign for him in the Presidential election. He told an interviewer the next year, "I think what the ultra-right wing conservatives did to the Republicans is really self- destructive, absolutely stupid.".

Today the country's in kind of a turmoil over taxing. Being raised in the thirties, watching my parents work hard to make ends meet, with jobs scarce, and then the war years - it tends to make a person a little more fiscally conscious than if you've been born into a wealthier family. You know, if you go to most people who are self-made and ask them what their political philosophy is, usually they're a little more conservative than people who had a better start.

I've always supported a certain amount of gun control. I think California has always had a mandatory waiting period, so we were never concerned about it like the rest of the country. Some states didn't have any at all. So I've always supported that. I think it's very important that guns don't get in the wrong hands, and, yes, I would support most of that. I don't know too much about trigger locks. I've never really discussed that with anyone. But I do feel that guns - it's very important to keep them out of the hands of felons or anyone who might be crazy with it.

Maybe I'm getting to the age when I'm starting to be senile or nostalgic or both, but people are so angry now. You used to be able to disagree with people and still be friends. Now you hear these talk shows, and everyone who believes differently from you is a moron and an idiot - both on the Right and the Left.

Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

[on the Iraq war] I wasn't for going in there. Only because democracy isn't something that you get overnight. I don't think America got democracy overnight. It's something we had to fight for and believe in.

Adamsa
11-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Clint matches up with Ron from what we can tell.

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
These letters need to be handwritten of course.

seapilot
11-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Hand written letters are hard to ignore. I am sure he gets lots of fan mail but couldnt hurt to try. Tell him he needs to help a real american hero, a defender of liberty and freedom. Clint Eastwood is pretty intelligent and he probably knows something good happening when he sees it. Need to make it a personal request short and to the point. Dont forget to put a legit return adress!

DrNoZone
11-08-2007, 06:09 PM
How about this option: "No, dumb idea first of all, and secondly Ron Paul can take care of this just fine on his own".

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
How about this option: "No, dumb idea first of all, and secondly Ron Paul can take care of this just fine on his own".

Yes, the grassroots has no effect on anything! Don't even try! Let the campaign do everything!

Fuck Nov 11th! Don't do shit! :mad:

1000-points-of-fright
11-08-2007, 06:16 PM
clint eastwood (the NRA's Fred Thompson) appeals to a certain audience that is largely a RP friendly crowd anyway...

however, as a total racist tool and spokesman for the globalist agenda of firearm restrictions
(funny how when you hear that "cold dead hands" line it means something b/c people saw it in a movie, even if the reality of that individual's/group's actions should send alarms screaming in your head), he would also do mega-mucho to turn off potential recruits who see him as just another narrow-minded honky (which he is).

i'm surprised gun owners haven't been calling for that guy's head btw.... again, b/c he was in some movie "gunowners" think that makes him their friend/ally, get a grip (pun intended)... f* (yes, f*) reality, we've got t.v.

durrrr... like steven segal rocks!

just my .02, write away though... when it comes down to it, all publicity is good publicity. this is just a little something for your consumption, make of it what you will.

I think you're confusing Clint Eastwood with Charlton Heston. Heston was the NRA spokes person who made the "cold dead hands" comment at an NRA convention.

DrNoZone
11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Yes, the grassroots has no effect on anything! Don't even try! Let the campaign do everything!

Fuck Nov 11th! Don't do shit! :mad:

I think you're missing my point. Who Ron chooses as VP is ENTIRELY his choice and though we can have fun speculating, I think it would be wise to leave it up to him. No need to take it personally simply because this is your pet idea.

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I think you're missing my point. Who Ron chooses as VP is ENTIRELY his choice and though we can have fun speculating, I think it would be wise to leave it up to him. No need to take it personally simply because this is your pet idea.

This thread is about Clint Eastwood endorsing Ron Paul, we're not trying to recruit him as VP

DrNoZone
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
This thread is about Clint Eastwood endorsing Ron Paul, we're not trying to recruit him as VP

My bad, I take it back then...for some reason I thought I read this was about having him as VP. Carry on.

:o

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
My bad, I take it back then...for some reason I thought I read this was about having him as VP. Carry on.

:o

It's cool. My forehead almost exploded after reading your post :p

ronpaulfan
11-11-2007, 09:23 AM
It would be nice if more celebrities endorsed Ron Paul.....so how about a "Celebrity Endorsement Bomb"? :D

rebelforacause
11-11-2007, 10:26 AM
event.

email me at info@supportthetruth.org

I am inviting other famous people

plb
11-11-2007, 10:34 AM
It would be nice if more celebrities endorsed Ron Paul.....so how about a "Celebrity Endorsement Bomb"? :D

++

newmedia4ron
11-22-2007, 05:43 AM
please send letter.

Mastiff
11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I sent a letter to Tom Selleck even though people seemed to be mocking the idea when I posted the thread. He's a self-described libertarian and on the NRA board.

Bruce Willis is a good candidate too, possibly. The quotes from him on wikipedia are amusing.

FreeTraveler
11-22-2007, 08:23 AM

I've been trying to get one started for a while!!! Here's a thread introducing the project: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38735

Here's a script for a video aimed at Endorsements:

"Two hundred thirty-one years ago, fifty-six patriots stepped forward, pledged to each other their Lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor, and changed the world.

In 1776, those men faced death for stepping forward and leading this country to a brighter future. Today, we face no less a crisis than those men of honor faced in their day. Those to whom we appeal understand this, and know why Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate for President who can bring us back from the abyss. Although the penalties for stepping forward today may be severe, from ridicule to loss of job, this may be the last time to stand up for Liberty without risking the penalties those men faced.

We call on all leaders of their field, and public celebrities; reporters, commentators, entertainers, businessmen, scientists. Step forward, as those fifty-six patriots did Two hundred thirty-one years ago, and change the world once again. You needn't agree with everything Dr. Ron Paul says; simply agree that in a field of politicians on both sides of the aisle, he stands out as the lone statesman and defender of the Constitution."

Can I get some interest going on this, or am I all alone? Check out this thread and bump it to get it active if you're interested.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38735