PDA

View Full Version : Fox News And RNC Trying To Keep Ron Paul Out Of Debate

CurtisLow
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
FOX NEWS AND RNC TRYING TO KEEP RON PAUL OUT OF DEBATE

PLEASE REPOST THIS FAR AND WIDE!!!!

IT HAS GONE LITTLE NOTICED UNTIL I HEARD ABOUT IT ON RON PAUL'S CAMPAIGN WEBCAST THIS EVENING.

FOX NEWS HAS NOW OFFICIALLY DECLARED WAR AGAINST RON PAUL AS WELL AS ALL OF US, AND IT IS NOW TIME THAT WE SERIOUSLY TAKE THE FIGHT BACK TO THEM!!!!!!!!

IT APPEARS (FROM THE IOWAPOLITICS.COM WEBSITE) THAT FOX NEWS IS TRYING TO KEEP RON PAUL OUT OF THE DECEMBER 4TH DEBATE IN IOWA!!!

THIS IS FROM IOWAPOLITICS.COM....PLEASE PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO LAST PARAGRAPH WHERE IT STATES THAT IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE DEBATE.....

The candiadates must have:

"Garnered at least 5% of the NATIONAL ELECTORATE as determined by an average of the most recent national TELEPHONE POLLS of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline AS DETERMINED BY FOX NEWS CHANNEL AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF IOWA OR garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register."

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=109854

Republican Party of Iowa: To host presidential debate in Des Moines
11/6/2007

(515) 282-8105

Debate to be nationally televised by FOX NEWS CHANNEL

The Republican Party of Iowa announced today that it will hold its presidential debate at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines. The event, to be held the evening of December 4, 2007, will be the first debate in Iowa to be televised by FOX News Channel this election season, as well as the first debate sponsored by the Republican Party of Iowa.

Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Ray Hoffmann said, "With the caucuses less than a month away, our December 4 debate will be very telling to Iowans and the nation. We are thrilled to be having this event in central Iowa, and right in downtown Des Moines which will be the epicenter on caucus night."

The debate will be limited to those candidates who have satisfied the following criteria:

1. Announced a formal campaign for President: and

2. Filed the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission; and

3. Met all U.S. constitutional requirements; and

4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa or garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register.

AND THIS JUST HAPPENS TO COME OUT THE EXACT DAY THAT RON PAUL HAS MADE HISTORY BY RAISING MORE MONEY IN ONE DAY THAN ANY OTHER CANDIDATE!!!!!

THEY KNOW THAT RON PAUL DOESN'T REGISTER IN THESE BOGUS "NATIONAL PHONE POLLS" AND THUS GIVES THEM A PLAUSIBLE REASON TO EXCLUDE HIM FROM THE DEBATE EVEN IN THE FACE OF SUCH OUTSTANDING SUPPORT THAT WAS EVIDENT TODAY!!!

WE ALL MUST DO SOMETHING!!!!!

PASS THIS ONE TO EVERYONE SO WE CAN ALERT ALL RON PAUL SUPPORTERS IN IOWA THAT ACTION MUST BE TAKEN TO MAKE SURE THAT FOX NEWS DOES NOT KEEP RON PAUL OUT OF THIS DEBATE!!!!!

REPOST THIS TO ALL WITH ANY MODIFICATIONS THAT YOU FEEL NECESSARY!!!

You can help by signing this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/r0npau1/petition.html

SWATH
11-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I really hope they try it, I really do.

MikeStanart
11-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I really hope they try it, I really do.

If it happens....

Blowback 2.0

It will be 10 times greater than that of Iowa Tax Relief.

SovereignMN
11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
If it happens....

Blowback 2.0

It will be 10 times greater than that of Iowa Tax Relief.

Hell hath no fury like a Revolution scorned.

parke
11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Protest? Really....? Ill make it.

purplechoe
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM

Get out your pitchforks!!!

piotr1
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Protest! Just tell me when and where!

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 09:34 PM
The thing that gets me is the "PHONE POLLS"

I don't have a normal telephone (and a disporportionate amount of younger people don't as well....with broadband (cable and wireless) there is no need to pay for a cellphone and a "land line"....

Is it "justice" to allow PRIVATE companies to manipulate private elections....we all know that MEDIA matters.

They are giving us the middle finger (and they know it! with a sh*t eating grin on their faces).....

This is a WAR wether or not you want to realize it and admit it. WHEN are are we going to ever be "better off" for fighting it??

We will have the opportunity to BLOW them away and not with physical violence either (though that may be necessary at some point in the future).

It is our DUTY to "throw off tyranny" ....explain to me how this "sham" of exclusion logic is not TYRANICAL???

jd603
11-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Um, isn't this old? I thought they already confirmed Ron Paul WILL be in this debate?

Lets not jump to conclusions just yet.

Richandler
11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Hey let's not forget that we have a Huge debate before this one with CNN and YouTube and we need to make sure we submit more questions!

SovereignMN
11-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Um, isn't this old? I thought they already confirmed Ron Paul WILL be in this debate?

Fair enough...but I'm just looking for an excuse to increase my post counts. ;)

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 09:49 PM

No. He is not confirmed for the debate.

It is 100% in the hands of private polling and news agencies to decide.

The "free press" is the biggest TRAITORS of America because they do not "tell the TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH"

If you own and control those "telling the story" you will end up with the kind of responses you want to see.......We all KNOW they "select" what to cover.

jdmac44
11-07-2007, 09:50 PM
We need to take note of Fox's sponsors.

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Watch this to get pumped up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m6N53nidw

BLS
11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
If they omit him, THAT'S IT....IT'S ON!!!

I'll get at least 50 people from my area to be there. At least.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Please remember that the Ron Paul Iowa campaign headquarters asked us to STOP calling the Iowa GOP and FOX news. We are doing much more harm, than good.

Electrostatic
11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Please remember that the Ron Paul Iowa campaign headquarters asked us to STOP calling the Iowa GOP and FOX news. We are doing much more harm, than good.

qft

Nash
11-07-2007, 10:01 PM
maybe instead of furious phone calls we should campaign harder instead:)

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 10:32 PM
yeah the people at the IOWA GOP think all of us "PAULITES" are just zombie-like pot smoking ANARCHISTS...."counter culture" types....it's like they are an open book.

They don't realize I am a WORKING farmer and miner....we are anything from college kids to retired bakery workers. WE WANT to see the FEDERAL government "neutered" from wasting our hard earned wages and killing our futures.

WE ARE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE.

PULL the plug on these idiots....the same IOWA REPUBLICAN PARTY folks are the same folks that are STUPID enough to spend 2 TRILLION DOLLARS blowing up IRAQ (making 2 million refugees and killing how many women and children in the process???).

They are the IDIOTS and the BUMS....they have had their POWER and we are NOW gonna ELIMINATE that power:

The power to HURT our NATION
the power to ELECT more corrupt politicians

STAND And BE COUNTED.... The conditions are ripe.

jdmac44
11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Don't call Fox or Iowa, call/write Fox's sponsors. They care more about what the we the viewers think than any of them. Make your case to the real money people.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
maybe instead of furious phone calls we should campaign harder instead:)

+1

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Don't call Fox or Iowa, call/write Fox's sponsors. They care more about what the we the viewers think than any of them. Make your case to the real money people.

well good luck. Now if we were members of the "elite" that pulled million dollar deals we'd get their attention....because they'd hear it at the top (and feel it)...

a single consumer with a email or letter is a "spam filter, delte button, or ROUND FILE"

Money is power.

Akus
11-07-2007, 11:14 PM
So wait, if RP is excluded from this ( and I understand because of the TV exposure he has got to go up, even in these phone polls ), what are we gonna do? Is RP going to organize another rally like he did in June?

Original_Intent
11-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I guarantee you the best thing they could do for this campaign is exclude him.

There is nothing to unite people like a common enemy. 35,000 people that donated to November 5th would be up in arms, and even many who don't support Ron Paul would be sympathetic to our anger.

After the fundraising we have done, if Faux excludes Congressman Paul, some media people like Cafferty, and maybe even Olberman (just because it would be a chance to take a potshot at Faux) will be up in arms asking what the hell is going on in this country.

If he is excluded he will get 10 times more coverage and opportunity to talk and spread his message than he would have inside the debate.

CJLauderdale4
11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Looks like December 4th should be the next MONEY BOMB day!!

This way, while the MSM is covering what the other candidates said wrong or right, their coverage of another RP MONEY BOMB will be all positive for Ron. Nothing negative about a big MONEY INFUSION!!!

itsnobody
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
If it really does happen this will be GREAT news for us...MILLIONS in free publicity, it will also cause his donations to go waaaay up

Shellshock1918
11-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Doesn't Paul have 5%??

Madison
11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I guarantee you the best thing they could do for this campaign is exclude him.

There is nothing to unite people like a common enemy. 35,000 people that donated to November 5th would be up in arms, and even many who don't support Ron Paul would be sympathetic to our anger.

After the fundraising we have done, if Faux excludes Congressman Paul, some media people like Cafferty, and maybe even Olberman (just because it would be a chance to take a potshot at Faux) will be up in arms asking what the hell is going on in this country.

If he is excluded he will get 10 times more coverage and opportunity to talk and spread his message than he would have inside the debate.

Listen to this man.

american.swan
11-08-2007, 12:01 AM

Great statement...

Just want to say that Ron Paul being left out of a debate...is this really an original idea? Couldn't we have seen this coming? Lets be more proactive and less reactive.

davidhperry
11-08-2007, 12:23 AM

That's right - can we please listen to reason?. Why are we still talking about this? Even if it's not resolved (which many believe it is at this point), let's let the folks in Iowa deal with it since they're closer and have much better info than we do. If they need help, they know where to get it. :) Until then, let's cool it on the plans for WWIII.

davidhperry
11-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Just want to say that Ron Paul being left out of a debate...is this really an original idea? Couldn't we have seen this coming? Lets be more proactive and less reactive.

Can someone please suggest some ideas about how to get this forum away from acting so irrationally and reactionary? It's already undermining this message board and could undercut the whole campaign effort if we don't deal with it now.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

CurtisLow
11-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Ron CANT be excluded from the Iowa debate, CNN reported today, that He's Polling at 5%! The joke is on FOX!

Foxnews eats crow over Ron Paul’s Iowa Debate
Posted in Political Thoughts | Tuesday, November 6th, 2007 | Trackback
This is freaking funny. The Iowa debate rules states that Ron Paul needs at least 5% in a national phone poll in order to be allowed to debate, well low and behold, CNN releases a poll today that noted that Ron Paul has … guess what people.. he made required 5%!!

Enjoy the irony … the rules were designed to exclude him.. and then he hits the magic number… I bet they weren’t counting on that!

Here is a cut and paste of their rules:

Republican Party of Iowa: To host presidential debate in Des Moines
11/6/2007

(515) 282-8105

Debate to be nationally televised by FOX NEWS CHANNEL

The Republican Party of Iowa announced today that it will hold its presidential debate at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines. The event, to be held the evening of December 4, 2007, will be the first debate in Iowa to be televised by FOX News Channel this election season, as well as the first debate sponsored by the Republican Party of Iowa.

Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Ray Hoffmann said, “With the caucuses less than a month away, our December 4 debate will be very telling to Iowans and the nation. We are thrilled to be having this event in central Iowa, and right in downtown Des Moines which will be the epicenter on caucus night.”

The debate will be limited to those candidates who have satisfied the following criteria:

1. Announced a formal campaign for President: and

2. Filed the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission; and

3. Met all U.S. constitutional requirements; and

4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa or garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/6149

fj45lvr
11-08-2007, 01:23 AM
I guess that depends on how you want to read the part that states:

"as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa"

Its not up to CNN or Paul or anyone else but FOX and the GOP of IOWA.

we'll know when the fat lady sings.

literatim
11-08-2007, 01:32 AM
The problem is, it will be Fox doing the poll and you all know who will be doing that: Frank Luntz.

FU Frank!

MadEmperor
11-08-2007, 01:38 AM
The problem is, it will be Fox doing the poll and you all know who will be doing that: Frank Luntz.

FU Frank!

Is Frank really the guy doing polling for fox?

FU FRANK