PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Think We Need to Spam the Media to Get RP on the Air...Anymore

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 09:07 PM
One of the most interesting things in the conference call he had with the Chicago Meetup group just now was his saying that the campaign has "changed" this week since the Nov. 5 money bomb. He said he had a good day in NH. That he woke up at 7 am at the hotel and found CNN "pleading" with him (yes that was the word he used) to get him on the air then and now because there was no time to get him to the studio. He said this sort of thing went on all day. I think we have hit the big time with the media and that we don't need to beg any more to get him on the air and send all these emails asking for interviews. It's the media that is begging him now. I think it is time to shift gears and make getting the message out to voters on a one-on-one basis that is important now.

ItsTime
11-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Ya they did the cnn interview in his hotel room! its freaking amazing now! I dont think we need to mass mail them now...

jake
agreed- the media will cover what they will. voters need to be won over, not the media!

murrayrothbard
that's awesome!

constituent
11-07-2007, 09:10 PM
started a thread on this a while back... see here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9803&highlight=revolution+the+mind).

hard@work
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Nothing will stop the "spamming". I would hope you'd realize that this is completely out of your control, we could dedicate this very forum to stopping the "spamming" and it would have almost a null effect on anything but a select few online polls.

As a matter of fact, as Ron Paul gains name recognition the "spamming" is going to increase exponentially. It will be getting much much worse over the next 60 days.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I am not trying to control anything. Hopefully what I posted above, what Ron Paul said himself, will help some to realize that we don't need to email this news outlet and that outlet asking them to cover him. I'm not talking about polls or comments on blogs and the like. Just the asking for media coverage. It just doesn't seem necessary anymore and actually makes us look desperate when we aren't. He's got more offers obviously than he can handle already. I don't think he is sitting around in Lake Jackson eating chocolate chip cookies waiting for the phone to ring.

Pauliana
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I actually think its cute when the media expects the Ron Paul bump. The haters out there miss us when we're gone. ;)

Richandler
11-07-2007, 09:27 PM
So has anyone everythought that maybe the campaign should ask for CNN to actually cover where they are campaign like they do with all the other candidates. I remember right after the 4.3 million dollar segement they went right into where all the candidates were campaign and then again excluded Paul but included Tancredo. They did it right after covering Paul.

Also I think Ron Paul should be more vocal about some of the injustices such as exlusion from polls and unfair coverage. Openly expressing this opinion to the press so that maybe they'll air it.

bolidew
11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Disagree with the title.

RP's air time is nowhere near needed.

Don't lose the momentum!

strategos
11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
fox still doesnt report on him fairly

LJHudd
11-07-2007, 09:58 PM
fox still doesnt report on him fairlyThey probably never will, even when he's President :)

Corydoras
11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
When it comes to getting him on a PARTICULAR host's show, nothing works like spamming.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-07-2007, 10:32 PM
i'll admit i've never participated in the spamming of a network to get Ron Paul on. However, it's been a lot of fun watching you guys go! I think maybe the emails should continue with a different tone. Keep a database of dates and times when an injustice or justice is done on air. When you send the email, give them a specific event (or list of) and let them know we will show everyone what they did and when. FACTS, not threats. (organization on the follow through is key here) (never underestimate the power of a hard copy)

basically,

hold the media absolutely accountable for their actions. Force them into transparency. The lack of accountability is exactly why we have out of control media corporations. If MSNBC does some hit job, write an email and tell them you are carbon copying to every news source you know of (this should include local media, newspapers, magazines.) We will make it absolutely clear that this is not about Ron Paul, it is about Truth, Freedom, Liberty, and Justice... and they are seriously outnumbered.

How about a website dedicated to media transparency? Ron Paul has shown us how to take back our country with humility, nonviolence, and unwavering determination.

It is our turn.

i should lay off the suger.:o

Bradley in DC
11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
no more creeping out the media, no.

me3
11-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Spamming is now counterproductive. There will be militant supporters who will pursue it regardless, but I really think we need to start befriending the media, and working with the people who are sympathetic to the campaign.

Also the initial Shock and Awe now seems to be a joke amongst journalists. It's lost it's potency.

We have to start focusing on the specific tasks required to win.

davidhperry
11-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I basically agree with the OP. When we send email with pleadings to get Ron Paul on, it comes across as desperate and whinny. It's not very helpful to the campaign.

Can we also stop the flower bombs? :) I think those have run their course.

Santana28
11-08-2007, 12:47 AM
I absolutely agree - and also think it is counterproductive to send positive anchors emails of gratitude and "flower bombs."

Why?

Because if there IS a culture of negativity from the higher-ups to discourage positive treatment of Ron Paul... calling people out for doing so in such a public way is only going to either cause them to back off out of fear of getting in trouble, or actually getting in trouble. Both result in less positive coverage of Dr. Paul!

I don't see anything at all wrong with voting in online polls or leaving positive comments - but the OP is right on... constantly "begging" media outlets to report on Ron looks desperate. They KNOW we are out there and they KNOW what we want.

Get to know your local media folks. Get ONE station out to cover an event - and the rest will be shamed into following suit!

Anyways...just my thoughts. Dangit, i wish i had known about the conference call in time to take a day off of work....