PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo - I converted my Dad to a Ron Paul supporter today!!!

dagnybell
12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
So, I had a LONG talk with my Dad today and basically walked him through all of Ron Paul's positions and pointed out how everything Ron Paul stands for is everything my Dad taught me growing up. I asked him how he could consider voting for anyone else. He had been considering Gingrich, but I walked him through all the flip-flops and inconsistancies over his history. Then he said he was still hung up on RP's foreign policy and I walked him through the fact that it's non-interventionist, not isolationist and talked to him all about blowback, etc. By the time we got off the phone I had him on board!!!

By the way, one of the things that really helped was that my Dad is really pissed off about he Defense Authorization Act provision about indefinite detention, etc, etc, and was very glad to hear that Ron Paul is against it and is basically the only one talking about it. I think the grassroots should be educating people about this more...

lib3rtarian
12-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Glad he was against NDAA to start with - that proves that he wasn't as insane as the rest of the GOP crowd. Good job.

bunklocoempire
12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Right on! Now shake him down for some campaign cash!;):D

Maybe see if he'll match you or...?

I've had some good results bringing up the Defense Authorization Act, mainly reminding folks about how the 'fighting them over there' so we don't have to 'fight 'em over here' has failed big time (thnx Mr. Hunter!) -they remember that little catch phrase lie.:cool:

Bunkloco

agorist ninja
12-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Awesome news! Really enjoy reading these stories.

Show this video to your dad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo

Maybe he will share it with his friends.

donnay
12-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I always enjoy hearing people were able to convert their loved ones. This is great news! I owe you a +rep!

Cleaner44
12-14-2011, 10:27 PM
+rep

Keep up the good work... No One But PAUL!

ronpaulitician
12-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Recent converts are THE best people to make new converts. They likely have friends who are like-minded. Those friends will be much more likely to listen to a close friend who has seen the light than by some stranger. Plus they are likely to have a pool of untapped potential RP supporters/donors.

PursuePeace
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Awesome news, dagnybell!

phill4paul
12-14-2011, 11:04 PM
+ rep. My dad was a Rep and my mom was a Dem. BOTH support Paul now. Because of their difference we NEVER talked politics. Now we have. Both support Paul. My mom told me today she will write him in. LOL.

unknown
12-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Textbook. Well done patriot.

InTradePro
12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
So, I had a LONG talk with my Dad today and basically walked him through all of Ron Paul's positions and pointed out how everything Ron Paul stands for is everything my Dad taught me growing up. I asked him how he could consider voting for anyone else. He had been considering Gingrich, but I walked him through all the flip-flops and inconsistancies over his history. Then he said he was still hung up on RP's foreign policy and I walked him through the fact that it's non-interventionist, not isolationist and talked to him all about blowback, etc. By the time we got off the phone I had him on board!!!

By the way, one of the things that really helped was that my Dad is really pissed off about he Defense Authorization Act provision about indefinite detention, etc, etc, and was very glad to hear that Ron Paul is against it and is basically the only one talking about it. I think the grassroots should be educating people about this more...

Excellent, one by one, winning hearts and minds.

Xenophage
12-14-2011, 11:18 PM
You know I don't remember seeing these kinds of posts in '07 and '08

dagnybell
12-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Awesome news! Really enjoy reading these stories.

Show this video to your dad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo

Maybe he will share it with his friends.

LOVE that video! Unfortunately, my Dad is old-school and not on the 'net. It's one of the reasons I think he was going in for Cain at first and then Gingrich - he mostly listens to/watches Fox News. I don't live near him so I can't show him the videos. I told him to sit down with my nephew who's also an RP supporter and go through all the Blowback videos to make sure he stays on board!

ronpaulyourmom
12-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Awesome job dude, I had a similar experience. Just remember it isn't over until it's over; stay on him don't let his support slip away! If his issue is foreign policy, I cannot recommend enough that you have him watch that video. We really need to get this thing on DVDs for situations like this.

silk30
12-15-2011, 02:53 AM
Love reading stories like this, thanks for sharing :) NOBP....OURPLAN = RONPAUL

Carole
12-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Congratulations. Great job. If he backslides, be sure to inform him of Gingrich's communist leanings re: Alvin and Heidi Toffler-Third Wave and Plato's Third Wave. :D

dante
12-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Excellent work! Now ask him to donate tomorrow as your Christmas present! :P

dagnybell
12-16-2011, 03:30 AM
Excellent work! Now ask him to donate tomorrow as your Christmas present! :P

That is an Awesome idea! I am definitely going to do that!!

Since he's not online, is there a phone number he can call to donate?