PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul surging on...REDDIT ?

RPIdeaMan08
12-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Reddit is a powerful force on the internet and has historically been against and annoyed by Ron Paul posts. Being a Reddit fiend I can attest that the good Dr. Paul has made great strides in the past weeks. The amount of articles front paged has increased surely. The most stunning fact is that the comment have changed toward support for Paul. There is defiantly a lot anti-paul rhetoric but my point is that the sediment is changing quickly. Here are just a few examples... check it out yourself and share what you think. Is Reddit an asset to us?

The problem isn't that we have too many Ron Paul article--the problem is we have too few presidential candidates who are pro wikileaks, pro OWS, pro legalization, anti war, anti SOPA, and anti fascist state bullshit (http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ncofh/the_problem_isnt_that_we_have_too_many_ron_paul/)

"If Obama was actually trying to end the war on drugs or repeal the patriot act or stop bailing out the bankers, he would be getting love on Reddit too."

"How is this even relevant. Even with his "flaws" Ron Paul is still our best bet for us getting out of this mess."

I am not a Ron Paul supporter, but if he promises to remove the Patriot Act and the ability to detain anyone in the name of the war on terror, I will register as an R and vote for him at every chance. (http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/nd48r/i_am_not_a_ron_paul_supporter_but_if_he_promises/)

My personal beliefs are actually an observation. I relate this to how "digg" exploded for Ron Paul in 2008. I believe that large community sites like this are what are going to really move us trough the tipping point (http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html) .

Epic
12-14-2011, 09:30 PM
He's basically doing it just with his policies that play nice with the Left.

If those people understood free-market economics, they'd be totally on board/libertarian.

The funny thing about /r/politics is just how hypocritical it is. Like they are always for more regulation of internet, but then this new bill SOPA comes out, and finally /r/politics is correctly against it. But where was that stance during the net neutrality debate?

RPIdeaMan08
12-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Hah, you're completely right. I can understand it though, they see regulations as protection from corporations instead of the protection for corporations I see regulations as. Nothing a thorough dose of truth and knowledge can't sort out. Although Some of them are so sure of their "I want mommy" beliefs it's dumbfounding. I'm not that confident in any political reasoning. I find solace in knowing that I don't know the answer.. not many people do. Which is precisely the reason the government should not pretend to either.

dfalken
12-14-2011, 10:42 PM
What the left doesn't understand is that the government is just a giant corporation with monopolistic powers and therefore it is the most dangerous corporation in all of the land. It is a necessary evil but one you want to be as small as possible.

RonPaulCult
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM
My reddit strategy is to always upvote Ron Paul articles that play well with the left (anti-war, civil liberties) and downvote ones that will piss off the reddit crowd (anything economic)

I've seen a LOT of comments on there from people who will be voting for Ron Paul in their primary.

tremendoustie
12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
What the left doesn't understand is that the government is just a giant corporation with monopolistic powers and therefore it is the most dangerous corporation in all of the land. It is a necessary evil but one you want to be as small as possible.

Evil is not necessary, my friend, and nor are giant corporations with coerced monopolistic powers, but that discussion is for another day ;)

Smaller sounds great to me.

Emmitt2222
12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
reddit was actually extremely pro-Ron Paul the first go around during primaries. Then when the site started to explode in popularity, it became far, far more Democratic leaning and less Libertarian. Obama was their god for quite some time. For a while, it almost seemed completely against the good Dr. and votes bashing on his abortion issue and other things would be upboated to the heavens. I'm pleasantly surprised to see the masses coming back to him. Especially at such a crucial time.

I think we have the internet on lockdown and the way we are making big strides this time is through far more traditional campaigning. But hey, it never hurts to have more allies.

p.s. If you want to save yourself the headache, just unsubscribe from r/politics and subscribe to /libertarian and r/ronpaul. If you remain subscribed to upvote his articles, bless your hearts.

Disconsolate
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM
http://imgur.com/As20R.png

Am I dreaming?

Austin
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM
reddit is one of my most frequented sites, and I have definitely noticed the uptick in Paul's positive appearances in the headlines. Reminds me of digg back in 07.

blocks
12-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Yep. Things like the NDAA bill and SOPA have helped swing reddit.

eleganz
12-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Much of Reddit are still hardcore statists that think Ron Paul would collapse America with his free market economics. lol

CanadaBoy
12-15-2011, 02:13 AM
http://www.reddit.com/top/?sort=top&t=all

Read some of the comments from the 3rd and 6th stories ;)

Mordan
12-15-2011, 05:57 AM
My reddit strategy is to always upvote Ron Paul articles that play well with the left (anti-war, civil liberties) and downvote ones that will piss off the reddit crowd (anything economic)

I've seen a LOT of comments on there from people who will be voting for Ron Paul in their primary.

lol and on GOP sites, I start by saying I disagree with his foreign policy but... and plant Ron Paul in a good light and why he is better than all others.

Which is actually true. Cuz I think the World has a moral obligation of preventing tyrants from killing their own people

shrugged0106
12-15-2011, 06:01 AM
lol and on GOP sites, I start by saying I disagree with his foreign policy but... and plant Ron Paul in a good light and why he is better than all others.

Which is actually true. Cuz I think the World has a moral obligation of preventing tyrants from killing their own people

Maybe the "world" should police them rather than the US on our tax dollars?