PDA

View Full Version : A Call For Meetup Group Events On The 15th

JordanL
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey, I run http://ondecember15th.com as many of you probably know, and I will be compiling a list of all the major meetup events of the day.

I'd like to call on people to discuss witht heir meetup group what they would like to do on the 15th and email me at jordan.ledoux@gmail.com with the subject "December 15th Meetup". Make sure to mention to state and city.

Some ideas:

-A rally in a public place. Prime targets would be court houses (outside), city halls, capitol buildings, places of historical American signifigance.

-A leaflet brigade set to blanket an entire section of a city or an entire city with door handles and fliers.

-A sign brigade set for a mini parade. (Depending on the size and location a permit might be required. try to avoid causing traffic delays. We want people to notice the message, not the annoying person blocking the street.)

Ideas abound, and these are just generic ones. Feel free to come up with ideas for your meetup group with have a bit of hometown flavor to them.

If possible, I would like to hear back from everyone who is going to contact me by December 1st. Happy planning!

NOTE: I'd like to hear from anyone organizing ANY event, even if it's not on Meetup.