PDA

View Full Version : DEc. 15th rallies/signs - extra noise in early states Iowa, NH, SC, etc.

JustAnotherV
11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Looking at how this is starting to take shape, I wanted to suggest that there be a concentrated effort not just to get people out in the flesh on the 15th, but to focus on early primary and caucus states, possibly with some border-crossing.
Another fundraiser get national media attention, but the traditional primary process is still honored to a large degree and so there will be a lot of focus on the early states, for better or worse. Competitive finishes in those states will mean more than almost any other kind of money or PR. So we could focus rallies and activities on local hotspots as well as just having a mass outdoor day to get as much exposure AND recruitment as possible.

For instance, SC needs a big push, but NC has a later date. People near the border, eg. Charlotte, could add to the crowds in Spartanburg or Greenville. Georgia's primary is on Super Tuesday, and is debatable but probably still not as important as SC. People could how from Augusta over the border into SC there too.

Also, Vermont and Mass. Are March 4th primaries, and could be used to feed NH and Maine.

And maybe most importantly given the date and massive media attention, Iowa is likely worth leeching from all bordering states. The center of the state could handle itself, with the surrounding states crossing over to saturate the border territories.

You get the idea. This might be harder/not worth doing for big states like Nevada, but with the smaller ones it seems a better strategy for success.

Maybe if we got lucky RP could pick a particular rally of significance and lead that himself.

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Good thoughts - I like the idea of rallys and canvassing in all 50 states to show the media the widespread appeal of Dr, Paul, but highlighting the early primary states is probably a great idea. :)

JM

kevman657
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah we need to make sure this rally is significant. It will help boost the fund raiser the next day...

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Exactly - Coordinated rallys in all 50 states on the same day, followed by breaking all one-day fundraising records the next day should light up the media like a pinball machine in a thunderstorm the following Monday. :D

JM

ayort
11-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I came up with this idea. We of course line the streets on the 15th with people. But make sure that people in your area gather near news stations as well. Make the reporters see the crowds on the street, and can film a large group from their outdoor weather center.

retornado
11-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Talking about federal offenses, I had a chat the other day with my brother about those Ron Paul supporters who have donated their maximum. Let's say they hook up with another Ron Paul supporter in a meetup group (or whatever) that doesn't have the means to donate their maximum without sacrificing their children's food. The rich Paul supporter could donate to the "feed the family" fund of the poor Paul supporter, and the poor Paul supporter could donate to Ron Paul. Is it a crime if the wealthy Paul supporter truly is giving to the less affluent Paul supporter money to "put food on their families?"

Just a thought.....