PDA

View Full Version : How will Fox News treat Dr. Paul during tomorrow nights debate?

ravedown
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
just curious..with all the sudden media hype surrounding the new surge in the polls for RP, this is there chance to try and handicap RP tomorrow night in the debate with gotcha questions. will Fox try to skew the show against RP and make Newt or Romney look good? its clear they want his campaign to tank...my prediction is they will try and make his positions seem extreme and limit his answer time, followed by some staged frank luntz focus group that makes Newt sound like the second coming.

Kords21
12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Ron Paul should treat this debate like he's a piece of steak going into a den of Wolves. I really hope Mr. Wead is getting him prepped for war.

V3n
12-14-2011, 07:25 PM
We already heard tonight how Chris Wallace feels about him. ("If Ron Paul wins Iowa it discredits the state.")
Cavuto is usually fair and respectable.
Megyn Kelly will do whatever the voices in her head tell her to.

Newt will be rude, the other contenders are eying his supporters 'once he drops out' so I think they'll be cool, maybe not Santorum.
I think Perry's got this weird appreciation for Ron Paul that he himself does not understand.

pacelli
12-14-2011, 07:45 PM
You betcha. Newsletters, racism allegations, and of course earmarks, blame america first, and 'you make america less safe'.

Expect it all. The next debate will make or break the campaign.

Mark it in RP history books.

narrowphoenix
12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
I hope they put him center stage since he is polling second in Iowa! (Really first but we all know that!)

TCE
12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
He will be given 88 seconds of screen time.

ShaneEnochs
12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
I dunno, but at this point, Ron should just be trying not to hurt himself. He shouldn't go out of his way to attack.

iGGz
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Probably like they always do

ItsTime
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
They will ignore him and then ask him stupid questions.

Liberty74
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Fox News will treat Paul like it's WWIII. It might be an all out assault or a subtle indication of things yet to come...

Hopefully Paul is getting some coaching on how to stay on message and hit points like the last debate. And for the life me of, announce teaparty11.com :D

amonasro
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
...this is their chance to try and handicap RP tomorrow night in the debate with gotcha questions.

Handicap? Try kneecap.

nemt4paul
12-14-2011, 08:09 PM
You betcha. Newsletters, racism allegations, and of course earmarks, blame america first, and 'you make america less safe'.

Expect it all. The next debate will make or break the campaign.

Mark it in RP history books.

Well.......we just got a pre-debate look at how Fox News will treat Ron on Hannity's show. Racism newsletter, foreign policy kook.....etc. Bill Bennett is an idiot.

Feelgood
12-14-2011, 08:13 PM

Bingo. Marginalize and ignore will be the tactic.

pauliticalfan
12-14-2011, 08:15 PM
It's gonna get ugly.

ShaneEnochs
12-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Bingo. Marginalize and ignore will be the tactic.

I think they're beginning to realize that that particular tactic is no longer working. They're in full on fight mode now.

COpatriot
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Well we just had Hannity going on the attack a few minutes ago with William Bennett sitting there next to him openly lying about Ron Paul.

Shame. I used to somewhat respect Hannity. He used to seem to be just a simpleton who said he disagreed. Now he's on the offensive. Fuck him.

trey4sports
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
lol. i promise you... he will get a lot more than 89 seconds. They will be ATTACKING him. ignoring him is no longer viable.

anaconda
12-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Newt will be rude

This is a concern of mine. With the numbers in Iowa, does Newt help Ron to hurt Romney in Iowa? Or, does he attack Ron to try to win Iowa outright?

I think Perry's got this weird appreciation for Ron Paul that he himself does not understand.

A man crush? :D

Seraphim
12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
this.

lol. i promise you... he will get a lot more than 89 seconds. They will be ATTACKING him. ignoring him is no longer viable.

TCE
12-14-2011, 08:38 PM
The more screen time they give Ron, the better the polls show him doing. His favorability is even increasing in Iowa. Giving him a large chunk of time can only backfire. They might go full-on asking Ron controversial questions or they might give other candidates the perfect set-ups to attack Ron. I am very concerned either way. Fox has had decades of practice at influencing opinion.

VBRonPaulFan
12-14-2011, 08:46 PM
√ First they ignore you
√ then they laugh at you
→ then they fight you
■ then you win.

LibertyEsq
12-14-2011, 09:08 PM

for this debate, we can only hope

No Free Beer
12-14-2011, 09:13 PM
I was worried a couple of days ago...I just have a sense of calm about this.

Whatever happens, happens. Go Ron!

RDM
12-14-2011, 09:19 PM
My guess is they will model questions that are geared to make Ron Paul look like the "freak" on stage. Those questions will be directed at all the candidates they feel can answer those questions to their liking. Those same "Hit" questions will be intentionally not asked to Ron Paul, knowing he generally does not speak up in these debates. Then they'll have the "gotcha" questions specifically designed to discredit Ron Paul, and these will be the only questions that will be directed specifically to him.

Fox has their marching orders. Their job is to somehow, anyway smear Ron in front of a nation and prop the others. The fear has set in. It's going to be a chess match and it's going to be up to Ron to make the right moves and say the right things to win the battle.

Paul or not at all
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
They will try to prop up Santorum or one of the other corpses. And yeah, they will try to destroy ron paul

Seraphim
12-14-2011, 09:33 PM
I'd rep you but I already did recently!

√ First they ignore you
√ then they laugh at you
→ then they fight you
■ then you win.

cindy25
12-14-2011, 09:35 PM
badly; expect the age issue, more Israel, they intend to throw the kitchen sink

JCF
12-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Paul usually does well against those on the "right" attacking him head on, so being hostile may work in his favor... Worst case is they ignore him, imo. In the end, I'd take them attacking him over ignoring, he needs the attention, and I trust he'll do well.

John F Kennedy III
12-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Ron will be asked four questions and four questions only. They will go as follows:

1. Dr. Paul, you are a racist and a bigot. Every American citizen should be ashamed you're even in politics.

2. Iran will nuke us any second, Ahmadimjad is almost as big a nutjob as you are, Ron.

3. Ron, you are the biggest Israel hating anti-semite I have ever seen.

4. Grandpa Paul, you are a batsh*t crazy libertarian Reagan hater and America would be taken over by terrorists if you get elected, which you don't have a chance of doing. GTFO.

Cutlerzzz
12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
They'll be polite, respectfull, give him twice as many questions as the next candidate, and they will all be softballs.

mhad
12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
I disagree with you all, I honestly think it will be a good debate and they will not go on an all out attack. RP is too good at defending himself on the issues, they will save the attacks for later when he isn't there to defend and explain his position....we will see! I bet I am right.

GreenBulldog
12-14-2011, 11:23 PM
My guess, they're going to give him the average time amount and ask him insignificant questions. Maybe a question like "iphone or blackberry?"

That's about the best they can do. They can try to look fair by saying they gave him average time and questions.

Attack him and he'll make them look like fools.

Ignore him and they'll see the biggest moneybomb to date.

Legend1104
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't think we have ever seen attacks like what is coming. This is the last debate before Iowa. It will be brutal to say the least I believe. I think the best case senario is that they ignore us. I think at this point their main desire is to destroy us. I really feel sorry for the good doctor. He doesn't deserve what is coming, but if he can manage to hold his own tomorrow night, it really could be what we need.

Carole
12-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I think they're beginning to realize that that particular tactic is no longer working. They're in full on fight mode now.

^This

The Free Hornet
12-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Fox is in such a panic, they are cutting their own nuts off. This is like the end of bad movie when the bad guy/girl exposes their true, hideous reptilian/alien form.

RDM
12-14-2011, 11:41 PM
They'll be polite, respectfull, give him twice as many questions as the next candidate, and they will all be softballs.

You've been drinking. Fess up!

Tod
12-14-2011, 11:56 PM
With RP's high and rising stats, the attacks will come.....

Lothario
12-15-2011, 02:18 AM
more than ever, it will be critical for RP to have clear, concise, and BLUNT responses to the attacks...I'm talking anything over 10 seconds is rambling.

ravedown
12-15-2011, 03:02 PM
hannity just said on his radio show today, ' i dont know how ron paul will answer for the flyers and brochures he handed out back in the 90's and what they said...i hope he has an explanation tonight'.
so this will possibly be a question tonight...hope ron is ready with a definitive answer because this slanderous bullshit obviously isnt going away.

John of Des Moines
12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
"Congressman Paul - Earlier this week the Iowa Political Director for the Newt Gingrich Campaign stated the Mormon religion is a cult. Speaker Gingrich promptly fired his Iowa Political Director for this comment. Now it has come to light that this same person work for you in the 2007-08 campaign season as YOUR Iowa Political Director. My question is: Congressman Paul why did you force Speaker Gingrich to do your dirty work and not fire your Political Director on 2007?"

Humanae Libertas
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Idiot Fox News Moderator: "Ron Paul, you said we don't need FEMA, are you saying you hate black people and that they should just die?"

Ron Paul: "No, I never sa--"

Idiot Fox News Moderator: "Ok, times up."

dillo
12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Fox is too arrogant to ignore him, I think they will send the dogs at him..........and the Dr. will show America why we need him as our President

Philhelm
12-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I was reading this thread right before going home from work. I turn on the radio to Hannity, and the very first word was "isolationist." It went downhill from there. Then there was discussion of the newsletters, how caucus states would prove nothing, and how Ron Paul simply cannot win.

John F Kennedy III
12-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Ron will be asked four questions and four questions only. They will go as follows:

1. Dr. Paul, you are a racist and a bigot. Every American citizen should be ashamed you're even in politics.

2. Iran will nuke us any second, Ahmadimjad is almost as big a nutjob as you are, Ron.

3. Ron, you are the biggest Israel hating anti-semite I have ever seen.

4. Grandpa Paul, you are a batsh*t crazy libertarian Reagan hater and America would be taken over by terrorists if you get elected, which you don't have a chance of doing. GTFO.

I stand by my prediction that the questions will go like this ^

QueenB4Liberty
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't know why they would bring up the newsletters. It's quite clear he never wrote them. If they are going there, they must be scared!

Philhelm
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't know why they would bring up the newsletters. It's quite clear he never wrote them. If they are going there, they must be scared!

Of course they are scared. The Forces of Evil have much to lose with an illustrious Paladin such as Ron Paul crusading against them.

COpatriot
12-15-2011, 07:01 PM

This is Fox. We're in the middle of a smear campaign. Facts can go fuck themselves.

cindy25
12-15-2011, 07:08 PM
O'Reilly on now, usual Ron Paul can't win blah blah blah

pauliticalfan
12-15-2011, 07:09 PM
O'Reilly just said Ron Paul isn't a factor in New Hampshire. Oh Bill...

ravedown
12-15-2011, 07:10 PM
does someone have the link to the official debate thread?

dillo
12-15-2011, 08:09 PM
O'Reilly on now, usual Ron Paul can't win blah blah blah

He also claimed that medical marijuana leads to drug addicts getting medical marijuana and selling it to high schoolers. His logic is honestly ass-backwards.

liberty2897
12-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Watching the debates now...

Ron Paul is going to be president! (not that anyone cares what I think, but I can feel it).

This is the man that will make me be proud to be an American again.

John F Kennedy III
12-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Not too shabby so far. One hour in with no damage.

AGRP
12-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Ron gets so passionate. I wish I knew how to quit him.

QueenB4Liberty
12-15-2011, 10:02 PM
But no questions at all from immigration on. :( I knew as soon as he talked about Iran, well I figured this would happen. :(

Sullivan*
12-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Frank Luntz talked with Sean Hannity about how "Paul wants to cut the military in half". What a tool.

HOLLYWOOD
12-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Frank Luntz talked with Sean Hannity about how "Paul wants to cut the military in half". What a tool.I thought LUNTZ was just a focus group pollster. NOW, FU Frank is steering the polls? This is a example of their Fraud and Lies.

Bosco Warden
12-15-2011, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdh903Cnh2Q

dillo
12-16-2011, 12:25 AM
oh my god Look at 5:59, Ron Paul with a complete power move