PDA

View Full Version : Firearm Sales Way Up During Holiday Season

Rael
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
ROCKLIN (CBS13) — If you’ve pulled the trigger on a new firearm this holiday season, join the club.

As in your neighborhood shooting club, because faster than a speeding bullet, guns are going out the door.

Well, not right away, of course — there is that 10-day waiting period, 11 here at TDS Guns in Rocklin, where Bob Norgard wasn’t caught off-guard.

He’s making his purchase today so he’ll have his firearm under the Christmas tree as he joins a growing number of people who say they’re simply “doing what they need to do to protect themselves and their family.”

This surge in gun sales — the best holiday sales season in three years, according to the Firearms Dealers Association — got a shot in the arm on Black Friday.

“Black Friday sales were off the charts this year,” a TDS employee said.

FBI stats show the number of background checks done on Black Friday three years ago pales in comparison to the number done this year — a 32-percent jump.

“People are just coming in to protect themselves,” the employee said. “I think there’s just a lot of things going on in the world that are getting people thinking.”

More women are buying guns than ever before as criminals get more desperate.

Like break-ins while people are at home sleeping. It’s happened twice in a few weeks in a Rocklin neighborhood.

TDS Guns says at least three women from the area have come in to buy a gun because as one victim told CBS13: “I’m gonna be ready for the next time.”

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13/firearm-sales-way-up-during-holiday-season/

Miss Annie
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Sure as hell is on my xmas list! Anyone have any suggestions for a half blind person with absolutely NO experience whatsoever?

Rael
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for a half blind person with absolutely NO experience whatsoever?

Pepper spray or a bat.

Heh jk. I think pump shotguns are great. Very versatile, hard to miss, and plenty powerful to get the job done, but not likely to travel through multiple walls and kill someone else.

Brick-in-the-Wall
12-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Sure as hell is on my xmas list! Anyone have any suggestions for a half blind person with absolutely NO experience whatsoever?

Ever seen the movie El Dorado with John Wayne?

Get a 12 gauge with a short barrel. Then just point it in the general area and you're bound to hit your target.

Miss Annie
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Ever seen the movie El Dorado with John Wayne?

Get a 12 gauge with a short barrel. Then just point it in the general area and you're bound to hit your target.

Now that sounds like a winner! Are they more powerful than a BB gun kinda thing? I don't want to just piss someone off... LOL.

Brick-in-the-Wall
12-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Now that sounds like a winner! Are they more powerful than a BB gun kinda thing? I don't want to just piss someone off... LOL.

It depends on the round. Yes, your normal shotgun round is filled with BBs but I promise you they'll knock somebody on their ass. Even if the person is standing behind a door they'll still get hit and if they're not dead they'll wish they were.

If you want something with a little more kick, use double ought buck. It's filled with lead balls that are much bigger.

http://pibillwarner.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ooo.jpg

It'll stop somebody in their tracks for sure.

Pericles
12-14-2011, 07:05 PM
I am contributing my fair share, and can post pics when the stuff arrives.

ZanZibar
12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2011/11/Santa_gun-420x300.jpg

AFPVet
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
It depends on the round. Yes, your normal shotgun round is filled with BBs but I promise you they'll knock somebody on their ass. Even if the person is standing behind a door they'll still get hit and if they're not dead they'll wish they were.

If you want something with a little more kick, use double ought buck. It's filled with lead balls that are much bigger.

http://pibillwarner.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ooo.jpg

It'll stop somebody in their tracks for sure.

I use 000 buck in my Remmy 870 with a 18.5" security barrel and a limbsaver recoil pad :)

JakeH
12-14-2011, 10:30 PM
They damn-well should be. While I don't want it to happen, with the recent actions of the Congress, we may be forced to fully exercise our Second Amendment rights.

moderate libertarian
12-14-2011, 10:35 PM
And during "Obama season". Gun industry will be so disappointed once clueless-in-chief leaves the White House.

Iraq invasion revenege/greed attack has changed America in more ways than even neocons could envision.

Rael
12-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Are they more powerful than a BB gun kinda thing?

LOL. Yes indeed.

I like the Mossberg 500 JIC with pistol grip. the pistol grip is shorter and makes the gun more maneuverable in your house.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=28

You can get the JIC package for $350-$400. It's also a very customizable gun. You can get AR-15 stocks for them, and all kinds of other accessories.

You can use 3 inch shells, or if those kick too hard for you to control, you can use 2.5 inch shells. You also could elect to use slugs, which render most bullet proof vests just about useless.

Anti Federalist
12-15-2011, 01:41 AM
They damn-well should be. While I don't want it to happen, with the recent actions of the Congress, we may be forced to fully exercise our Second Amendment rights.

Thread winner.