PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul cancelled from the Iowa debates or not?

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I have gotten 60 or more emails today, telling me that Ron Paul has been excluded from the Iowa Fox Debate in December. Is this true?

Could someone verify this please. Just in case it is true I have signed a petition that has 15,000 signatures on it that demands for Ron Paul to be invited back to the debate. Here is the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/r0npau1/petition.html

If this is indeed true, this is a travesty and we need to get organized immediatly in repsonse to this outrage. We need to get organized and have a major protest to Fox News and we need to go to Iowa and have a huge protest with a few thousand Ron Paul supporters there outside the debate protesting. We need to email everyone we can who is in charge of the debate and we need to email the Iowa GOP. We can not let this stand if it is true.

He has raised over $4.2 million in one day, he is a top tier candidate, they need to realize it. Of course they announce this the day after Ron Paul got the money bomb.

Please everyone, this is important. If you have any information on this about it's truth or not, please post it here.

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Hello, does anybody know abou this?

risiusj
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't think anyone knows for sure.
The Iowa campaign did say not to email Fox or the Iowa GOP though.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
My understanding is that the campaign IS actively working on this.

me3
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Iowa needs phone bankers. Calling the Iowa GOP or Fox accomplishes nothing. If you have time to call, please contact the Iowa Ron Paul campaign office to assist with phone banking.

We're getting to the point where letter writing to the establishment is no longer enough. We have to actually talk to real voters, by phone, at their doorstep and in the community.

kherty
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Ron Paul Confirmed for Iowa GOP Debate
Body: Ron Paul WILL be in the IOWA December 4th debate!

Just confirmed live on Ron Paul Radio straight from the Iowa Ron Paul HQ offices. Do not harass the Iowa GOP headquarters, stay on good terms. Let them do their own work of making sure Iowa republicans are educated.

So, it is CONFIRMED Ron Paul will be there, although Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter will NOT be invited. This is for FRONT-RUNNERS only! More time for Dr. Paul to get his message across.

I Personally did not hear this message. Like I said it was in my bulletins!

Austin
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
No one has been officially invited. He must poll at 5% in early December to be accepted.

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 09:23 PM

Just confirmed live on Ron Paul Radio straight from the Iowa Ron Paul HQ offices. Do not harass the Iowa GOP headquarters, stay on good terms. Let them do their own work of making sure Iowa republicans are educated.

So, it is CONFIRMED Ron Paul will be there, although Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter will NOT be invited. This is for FRONT-RUNNERS only! More time for Dr. Paul to get his message across.

This was misquoted crap. The poll has not been done yet NO candidates are invited yet.

MikeStanart
11-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Blowback.

Austin
11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I stand corrected.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 09:32 PM

The person was wrong. They realized later they had made incorrect assumptions. At this point, we still do not know for sure if he will be invited. They asked us to STOP calling the Iowa GOP and FOX. It is doing much more harm than good.

Liberty
11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
A candidate could have 2% in Iowa, 12% in Michigan, 15% in Arizona, 3% nationally, and be excluded from a national debate. This is grossly unfair to supporters in Michigan and Arizona.

ronpaulyourmom
11-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Well the good news is we have a real shot at 5% both nationally and in Iowa. Ron is going up a bit in the polls, 5% from CNN the other day, 4% from WSJ today.

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Okay, I will not call or anything. I was just going by the massive amounts of emails I was gettin about this from my meetup groups. Everybody was freaked. These rules are stupid. Tancredo, Hunter, Ron Paul, and any other Republican candidate should be in the debate. This is not fair.

If they do not let him in the debate and he does not get 5% in the polls, we are going to have to organize and stand up to this crap.

Richandler
11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Edit: Hahah you know you browse ronpaulforums.com too much when you get mixed up which topic you are in.

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Don't forget BN.com!

huh?

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
CAN WE BAN the word republican,im a republican and im just over the word the gop has made the word worth crap in my state(Colorado)

I'm thinking if we can ban the word republican it could help our cause,since then we dont have to mention the R word.

Registered republican pissed and livid at the GOP.

0zzy
11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
A candidate could have 2% in Iowa, 12% in Michigan, 15% in Arizona, 3% nationally, and be excluded from a national debate. This is grossly unfair to supporters in Michigan and Arizona.

Is that candidate Ron Paul?

Liberty
11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Is that candidate Ron Paul?

No. It was just an example to show how asinine the criteria is.

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 10:43 PM
//

Rob
11-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Hey you're a Cyclones fan. Is there any chance you can promote Paul at the Colorado game and take some footage of it?

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Think of the quote attributed to Jefferson:

"When the people fear their government, there IS TYRANNY; when the government fears the people; there is LIBERTY"

I don't think it is a big secret that THIS is not the case in America....

Maybe right now to ACHIEVE our LIBERTY we NEED FOX news and the GOP to get some FEAR of what will happen to them if they pull this crap.

They expect us to just "roll over" and take it (as usual)

I'm not "rolling over" anymore.

jacmicwag
11-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Fox and the Iowa GOP are just trying to screw with our mind. This is some type of back room deal with the ultimate goal of discrediting Ron Paul in some form or fashion. We just have to be cool no matter how difficult that is and bide our time for the moment. In the end they will lose no matter which way it goes unless we do something stupid. That, in fact, may be their plan.

We need Iowa and Iowa needs Ron. Let's make sure we effectively communicate his message to Iowans who will decide the contest. Once we do that, Fox News becomes irrelevant. It will be sweet watching Shawn squirm on that historic night of January 3, 2008.

fj45lvr
11-08-2007, 01:31 AM
We need Iowa and Iowa needs Ron. Let's make sure we effectively communicate his message to Iowans who will decide the contest. .

well this is NOT just IOWA. this is a nationally televised thing...and it would be natural to assume that the MSM could just continue the exclusion if they wanted to with this as the precident.

Yes you need to effectively communicate but you only have a matter of a couple of weeks to do it.

This is about something alot bigger than Paul.

Taco John
11-08-2007, 01:37 AM
It would be a huge embarassment for the Republican party to exclude the candidate who raised the most money in a single day in the history of the party.

Johncjackson
11-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Iowa needs phone bankers. Calling the Iowa GOP or Fox accomplishes nothing. If you have time to call, please contact the Iowa Ron Paul campaign office to assist with phone banking.

We're getting to the point where letter writing to the establishment is no longer enough. We have to actually talk to real voters, by phone, at their doorstep and in the community.

This is true. People need to be working the phones getting the message out to the people in Iowa, not complaining from afar about an outrage that hasn't actually happened.

Heather in WI
11-08-2007, 08:44 AM

Ohh. I'm so glad I read this!

I read the story this morning and saw it on another thread, and almost called.

werdd
11-08-2007, 08:46 AM
signed petition

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Donate so that we can run this TV commercial in Iowa. We only need about $1600 more.

http://www.operationnh.com/

Dan Klaus
11-08-2007, 08:52 AM
signed petition...this is just another outrageous attempt to marginalize the candidacy of Dr. Paul....didn't work in the past, won't work now...