PDA

View Full Version : Elections: Any clue/guess on who Congressman Paul would chose as a VP?

Carpenter1966
12-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Except for Gary Johnson, I'm at a loss to venture a guess myself. All the other GOP candidates are so in-the-bag for the status quo and mainstream, I can't imagine them even being in the same room with Paul.

Thanks in advance!

falconplayer11
12-14-2011, 06:16 PM
It depends on whether he wants to be 'political' with the pick and choose someone who might not agree with him 100% but is a household name Republican or goes with a libertarian.

If the first: Mike Lee, Jim Demint, Ken Cuccinelli (AG of VA)
If the second: Karen Kwiatkowski, Gary Johnson

falconplayer11
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
What I think would give him a huge boost, though, is if he picked someone soon. If he wins Iowa, picking someone immediately after that had some clout (like Mike Lee) would be a HUGE boost going in to NH (if not for the media attention alone), where Ron likely won't win otherwise (Romney is strong in NH).

specsaregood
12-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Anybody that wants more foreign wars is automatically off the list. He didn't work this hard to get the brass ring only to place the future in the hands of another warmonger.

noneedtoaggress
12-14-2011, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Judge Nap as VP, though I don't know how politically feasible that scenario would be or not.

falconplayer11
12-15-2011, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Judge Nap as VP, though I don't know how politically feasible that scenario would be or not.

Not politically feasible. It would be better to go with a no-name than Judge Nap, I think.

Carpenter1966
12-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the replies. Haven't vetted Lee yet but hadn't heard anything about him that would turn me off.

ShaneEnochs
12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
What I think would give him a huge boost, though, is if he picked someone soon. If he wins Iowa, picking someone immediately after that had some clout (like Mike Lee) would be a HUGE boost going in to NH (if not for the media attention alone), where Ron likely won't win otherwise (Romney is strong in NH).IIRC, that's illegal. I don't believe they are allowed to do that in the primary. They have to win on their own merits.

Krugerrand
12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
John Mackey - CEO and founder of Whole Foods.

He has proven success as an executive. He came from a leftist background and 'converted' to austrian economics. He has no baggage from being in politics.

Fletch8
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Except for Gary Johnson, I'm at a loss to venture a guess myself. All the other GOP candidates are so in-the-bag for the status quo and mainstream, I can't imagine them even being in the same room with Paul.

Thanks in advance!

EVERYONE,

Your answer is all too obvious...it has to be RAND PAUL of course!

(in low Darth Vader voice) Rand, join me and together as father and son we will rule the Universe!
No, I suppose ruling the Universe is not in the Constitution.

:^)
Fletch

Seraphim
12-16-2011, 01:57 PM
NO NO NO.

Rand is a bad choice. Rand is amazing. THAT'S WHY HE MUST REMAIN IN THE SENATE.

EVERYONE,

(in low Darth Vader voice) Rand, join me and together as father and son we will rule the Universe!

Fletch

Steve-in-NY
12-16-2011, 03:01 PM
What about Tom Coburn? His name keeps coming up in good ways - for example he rates very high on a taxpayer fiscal score, he voted against the NDAA and hes also a medical doctor. He doesnt seem to mind making some cuts in the military budget, In February 2008, Coburn said, "I will tell you personally that I think it was probably a mistake going to Iraq." and recognizes that America is on an "unsustainable fiscal course" etc. Hes pro life and pro 2nd amendment as well.

I havent put much research into him other than his name keeps popping up in a positive way on a lot of lists I keep track of.

Anyone else like him, or if not - why not? Just curious. I thought he'd be a nice match for Paul.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Coburn
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/

edit -read some more and there is clearly some baggage. added links.

dustinp
12-16-2011, 04:41 PM
EVERYONE,

Fletch

The bolded text, Since it doesnt give the Federal government the power.....Maybe if Dr. RP was a governor and Rand was his vice (?) governor, then they could take over the universe, as all powers not given specifically to the feds and not specifically prohibited are left to the states and the citizens right?

Golden Rule
12-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Haha Fletch, I've been saying this for months! I'm not sure how it would go over with others....but one factor against RP is his age...so a youthful RP -->(Rand) would go over well I think. PLus....who could deny a father/son team? press would go ape-ish. It would be interesting...but again I'm not sure how it would interfere with his other commitments.

trey4sports
12-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Im pretty sure they have both said that a father/son ticket is not going to happen. It's too gimmicky. Fortuno, or maybe Cucinelli?

Svenskar_för_Ron_Paul
12-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Wouldn't it be kind of controversial to pick Rand as VP? Might look like Ron Paul is trying to create a dynasty. A longshot, I know, but some people would probably say that.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-17-2011, 02:11 PM
1-Luis Fortuno

2-Jim DeMint/Tom Coburn

stephensmith
12-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Picking Rand would be bold -- and I would love to see it. JFK picked his brother to be his attorney general, so it's not completely far-fetched.