PDA

View Full Version : Attention Virginia Supporters

tiffanyras
11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
ATTENTION VIRGINIA SUPPORTERS:

We've got a ballot petition emergency going on. Ron is not on track to get the 10,000 signatures that he needs just to get on the primary ballot! Every Virginia supporter needs to collect, notarize, and send in at least one petition form. For the form and instructions, go here: http://www.paulspetition.com/ or contact your local MeetUp.

If he's not on the ballot, we can't vote for him! This is your chance to directly help the campaign!

manuel
11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Are we falling behind in specific congressional districts or is it all over? How many signatures do we currently have?

shepburn
11-07-2007, 08:31 PM
we have like 4000. we are in need of 10000. This sucks!!

DeadheadForPaul
11-07-2007, 08:38 PM
3 questions

1.) when is the deadline
2.) i thought all candidates in the dems/repubs automatically got on
3.) shouldnt the campaign be hiring people to do this since we just droppd 7 mill on their plate?

I thought I was done with ballot access bs when i left the LP. guess not

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
No offense, but WTF?

How is it humanly possible this is the first time we're hearing of this?? Who is running the Virginia grassroots? Fred Thompson??

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
And no, I will not retract that :D

bbachtung
11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
The campaign should hire some signature gatherers to supplement the excellent work of the grassroots.

ASayre
11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Most of us now know that in order for Ron Paul to be included on the ballot for the Virginia primary election on February 12, 2008, at least 10,000 signatures of registered voters must be filed with the State Board of Elections no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2007. Although only 10,000 signatures are required, we've been advised to collect at least 20,000 and preferably 30,000 signatures from registered voters to make sure we have sufficient valid ones.

per link

Stealth4
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
If you live in Northern VA - and you have been living under a rock the past month - look at my signature - then PM me.

Thank you.

FreedomLover
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Campaigns usually pay groups who specialize in signature procurement for these things. If things arn't up to speed they can do that.

Even if not all of the signatures are collected, it's possible that RP may be let in anyway assuming he's polling high by then and the GOP of VA consider him "well-known" enough to get auto placement on the ballot, big if though.

bbachtung
11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Campaigns usually pay groups who specialize in signature procurement for these things. If things arn't up to speed they can do that.

Even if not all of the signatures are collected, it's possible that RP may be let in anyway assuming he's polling high by then and the GOP of VA consider him "well-known" enough to get auto placement on the ballot, big if though.

I don't think that Virginia has a "well-known" placement mechanism. I think that the ONLY way to get on the presidential primary ballot is via the petition process.

ValidusCustodiae
11-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Methinks a sticky is in order.

MS0453
11-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Methinks a sticky is in order.

QFT

RobS
11-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Wow... I can't believe this, get crackin' peeps! If your in Virginia and you haven't been out getting signatures/on the streets, get off your A's!

walt
11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
this is not easy, here in Illinois, people say they will show and don't.

Illinois and Virgina are the two hardest states. We need major, major help in both places. Illinois might be the harder of the two as you need delegate slates in each congressional district.

austin356
11-07-2007, 11:09 PM
DONT STRESS.

We only had 200 last week when the deadline for ours was Monday. We brought in 2500 with little relative effort in a week or so. VA is much larger and can do it much easier.

bbachtung
11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
http://www.petitionpartners.com/

Kap
11-07-2007, 11:23 PM
How can I check this for Connecticut?

manuel
11-08-2007, 01:16 PM
DONT STRESS.

We only had 200 last week when the deadline for ours was Monday. We brought in 2500 with little relative effort in a week or so. VA is much larger and can do it much easier.

Yeah but it seems like we need 400 from each district. Not much, but if we don't have supporters in each we might have to do some traveling.

Ridiculous
11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Their headquarters is in Arlington, VA, there isn't an excuse for HQ to not be on this...

Since you are in NVA, have you stopped in HQ to speak with them about this?

Suzu
11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
In addition to the Virginia Petition site, there is an entire forum devoted to the ballot petition effort in Virginia: Paul's Parachute (http://paulsparachute.com/). There you will find much current info on how to help.

Primbs
11-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I have been to HQ several times. They are getting up to speed on it. I have collected signatures already. The other campaigns are still collecting signatures also.

I saw Mitt and McCain people collecting signatures.

I have not seen Rudy people collecting signatures in Virginia Yet.

But we do need to build a greater coordinated grassroots presence quickly.

skiingff
11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Virginia supporters:

1. Read this: http://www.paulspetition.com/collecting_sigs.pdf
2. Print these forms: http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/documents/08PVP_Pri_Pet.pdf

The first link is very simple instructions on how to collect signatures legally. Basically all it says is collect signatures from registered voters in your city/county who plan to vote in the GOP primary. All they need to do is put their name, address, and last 4 of their social security # on the sheet. Then after you collect a few signatures, have the sheet notarized and affirm you collected these signatures and witnessed the signing of them.

The campaign requests you only collect a few signatures per page. That way, if a whole sheet gets "thrown out" for being incorrect, they didn't lose that many signatures.

IF EVERY RON PAUL SUPPORTER IN VIRGINIA COLLECTED JUST 20 SIGNATURES FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND COWORKERS, PROBLEM WOULD BE SOLVED.

Again, you don't need to get hundreds, but at least do your part.

The deadline for you to send these signatures in should be the end of November, because the campaign needs to file in early December to get on the ballot in VA. You simply mail your signatures to the address provided in the instructions.

VERY SIMPLE. Let's get on it!

skiingff
11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Bump.

Don't go complaining to anyone if we don't get 20,000-30,000 signatures (the amount the campaign requested).

The information is out there, Ron Paul shouldn't have to waste our hard-earned, precious money on hiring paid petition collectors. This is very simple to do, have a few people sign a damn piece of paper.

I'm going to collect at least 25 signatures and then share this information with all Virginia Meetup groups to try to coordinate Petition-collecting Meetup events, and quickly. Again, we don't need to hire paid people to do this.

skiingff
11-08-2007, 02:48 PM
OK - Just sent this information out to EVERY MEETUP GROUP IN VIRGINIA.

For the Virginians on the board, please spread the word.

Thanks.

BiPolarBear
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
OK - Just sent this information out to EVERY MEETUP GROUP IN VIRGINIA.

For the Virginians on the board, please spread the word.

Thanks.

I had just sent the following e-mail to the Winchester VA meetup group as well.

We've got a ballot petition emergency going on. Ron is not on track to get the 10,000 signatures that he needs just to get on the primary ballot! Every Virginia supporter needs to collect, notarize, and send in at least one petition form. For the form and instructions, go here: http://www.paulspetition.com/.

If he's not on the ballot, we can't vote for him! This is your chance to directly help the campaign!

1. Read this: http://www.paulspetition.com/collecting_sigs.pdf
2. Print these forms: http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/documents/08PVP_Pri_Pet.pdf

This information was originally posted at the Ron Paul Forums (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33781).

Thanks,

Rob

father963
11-08-2007, 04:17 PM
COLLECTING PETITIONS FOR RON PAUL go to Paul's Petition (http://paulspetition.com/) dot com

Hello folks, thanks for all the activity. It’s great to be a part of this group of Patriots. Now down to business.

We have asked nicely for too long, my bad. What is happening now is typical of grass roots efforts, we’re learning as we go. The Head Quarters has left it up to us to collect these signatures and the learning curve got a little too long, that’s all. We have time, but I must stress the “we” and we’re going to need all the time.

Please take plenty of time to read the instructions on Paul’s Petition. Many petitions are coming in which we cannot use. For instance:

1.You cannot sign your own petition, because you cannot witness your own signature, which is what you do on the back, last, in front of a Notary.

2.The form is LEGAL size. 8 1/2 x 14 inches and nothing else. Print them right side up on both sides!

3.No P. O. Box numbers for addresses. No one registers to vote living in a P O Box... that I know of!

4.No Ditto marks, they fill in the block with letters or numbers or both!

5.Read the instructions about who signs them. Qualified Voters in Virginia.

6.Read the instructions about who collects them. Eligible to vote by the election. Out of state can help, but you the Virginian, still have to witness the signature.

7.Read the instructions

8.Read the instructions.

9. Did I mention to read the instructions?

10. Send them in every week. We have to have them to count them. No calls saying you’ve got 100 and will send tomorrow. It doesn’t work like that.

Keep going until Dec 10th or until you hear from me. If you want to hear from me. Join Paul’s petition now. Updates will go out from there. Of course with this crowd I could shout out from the front door and the word would get around. : )

All petitions have to be to the SBE (from the campaign, do not send them there) by December 14th. This is just for your information. Send them every week to us.

We need thousands, but with hundreds working on this, we’re good to go. Just remember that you are part of the hundreds.

I’m sorry I didn’t post to here. I have not visited here for a while. Too busy to discuss the issues everywhere. It seems like you guys are on it though.

This is important: There are other volunteer activities coming up in Virginia just like this. Primary, Mass Meetings and so forth. We are building “Paul’s Party” here in Virginia to tackle these tasks.

If you would like to participate in this new political phenomenon, go to Paul’s Parachute dot com (http://paulsparachute.com/). “Bringing Government Down to Earth.”

Join and you will be a part of the Virginia political mechanism to get Ron Paul elected.

Leave the issues here, just bring your willingness to become involved in your area. On Paul’s Parachute the discussion is over. We are organizing to win.

And on Paul’s Parachute you can organize for the Petition Drive as well. It’s a forum with District Coordinators and people all over the state working on getting Congressman Paul a new title.

So don’t look back, get signatures, we’re watching the numbers and checking the time. You’ll know when to stop.

As my dad used to say “Hurry up every chance you get.”

Thanks,

Allan Neal

Virginia Petition Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008

Stealth4
11-08-2007, 04:20 PM
My group is having an event this weekend to boost the # of signatures -also- A good number were collected on election day.

But again this is much easier if each person just collects 20 from their friends/ family.

Do pay close attention to the rules - they are not that hard - but a little tricky. You want to get them right tho because one signature on a page thats bad because the addresss is not for the county listed and then the whole page gets thrown out.

father963
11-08-2007, 04:43 PM
One more thing: Don't toss what you think is wrong. Send it in. If you make a mistake, start a new sheet. One signature on a page is OK.

Allan

Paul's Petition and Paul's Parachute. Join if you're in Virginia.

Suzu
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Many new people are signing up for the Virginia effort. Let's get this done! Thanks everyone!!

Lois
11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I find this a little amazing, really --

" The Head Quarters has left it up to us to collect these signatures "

So the Official Ron Paul Campaign decided they would not collect signatures for the ballots, they would just let his supporters do it.

Very hard to believe that a presidential candidate's campaign managers would be so stupid.

Lois

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 01:52 AM

Primbs
11-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Ron Paul signature gatherers need to show up here Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Easy signatures to be had plus it is an interesting show.

http://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

shepburn
11-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Word is that we have 6,600 verified signatures.

We have 3,300 to go because we need 10,000.

visit ronpaulncr.com to find out how to help.

me3
11-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Is that 10,000 required, or 10,000 to beat the legal challenges? Just curious.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
For Northern VA residents, we have this event Sat. morning to collect signatures.
Collected about 150 there last weekend in 4 hours.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/30/calendar/6734734/

Also 10,000 is the bare minimum, we need to get 15,000 to be sure.

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 12:51 PM

Primbs
11-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Some of us will be getting signatures tonight. Ron Paul's top staff spoke here about six months ago.

Thursday's VCDL membership meeting will be a going away party for
Senator Jeannemarie Devolites-Davis! Everyone is welcome to come join
us and celebrate the "retirement" of a legislator who made gun control
the centerpiece of her campaign.

We will also be discussing the election results and what they mean to
gun owners.

We will have several guest speakers too:

-- Larry Pratt, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America
-- Mrs. Jay Janen Knox, Executive Director of The Firearms Coalition.
(In the last VA-ALERT, she was incorrectly identified as Jeff
Knox's wife...she's really his mom.)
-- The NRA has also been invited, but we have yet to hear if they
will send a representative.

The meeting will be held at the Mason Government Center in Annandale
this Thursday, November 15th at 8 PM. Fellowship will start at 7:30
PM.

The meeting is open to the public, so bring along friends, family, and
coworkers.

Directions to the meeting can be found at:

http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM

givemeliberty
11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Ttt

hbedford
11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I'll collect some in my area.
:)
Heather

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 05:58 PM
bump

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 11:02 PM

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 02:44 PM

newmedia4ron
11-21-2007, 01:30 PM
bump

me3
11-21-2007, 01:35 PM

We've got a ballot petition emergency going on. Ron is not on track to get the 10,000 signatures that he needs just to get on the primary ballot! Every Virginia supporter needs to collect, notarize, and send in at least one petition form. For the form and instructions, go here: http://www.paulspetition.com/ or contact your local MeetUp.

bump

newmedia4ron
11-21-2007, 02:01 PM

bump

newmedia4ron
11-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Whats the situation in Virginia?

father963
11-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Whats the situation in Virginia?

Very nice, about 65 degrees and not too windy. Join Paul's Parachute to find out about Ron Paul in Virginia.

newmedia4ron
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
checklist
Are you registered?
Are you a delegate?
Have you applied to be a Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher?
Do you know your polling place?
Have you recruited other supporters to become delegates?
Have you circulated a petition?
Have you verified (from the horse’s mouth) that Ron Paul will be on your state’s ballot?
Do you attend GOP meetings (township - county – state)?
Have you canvassed collecting names and phone numbers and sent it to HQ?
Have you promoted Ron Paul to Christian media and ProLife groups?
Do you ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul?
Do you write letters to you local newspapers?
Have you promoted Ron Paul at gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, etc?
Have you passed out registration forms to young supporters?
Do you call talk radio shows and pitch (http://bhday.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/pitching-ron-paul/) Ron Paul?
Do you have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your meetup members to be ready to mobilize when needed?
Have you hit the streets passing out DVDs/literature?
Have you sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement?
Have you attempted to get your local public access channel to play Ron Paul videos such as his previous interviews in public access shows?

Benaiah
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
//

jake
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Situation in Virginia is that we're at 12,000 signatures. We have the required 400 from each district, however, we need over 16,000 signatures with over 800 from each district to be safe.

4000 to go folks!

stevedasbach
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Are you registered?
Are you a delegate?
Have you verified (from the horse’s mouth) that Ron Paul will be on your state’s ballot?
Have you promoted Ron Paul at gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, etc?
Do you call talk radio shows and pitch (http://bhday.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/pitching-ron-paul/) Ron Paul?
Do you have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your meetup members to be ready to mobilize when needed?
Have you attempted to get your local public access channel to play Ron Paul videos such as his previous interviews in public access shows?

How about inspiring us with a detailed report of what you did today to promote Ron Paul instead of posting the same exact message in multiple threads in this forum each day? Just a thought.

Benaiah
12-01-2007, 04:38 AM

troyd1
12-01-2007, 05:18 AM
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM

stevedasbach
Senior Member About:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmedia4ron
Are you registered?
Are you a delegate?
Do you call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul?

How about inspiring us with a detailed report of what you did today to promote Ron Paul instead of posting the same exact message in multiple threads in this forum each day? Just a thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Falls Church, VA

I notice that you are from Virginia, how many signatures have you collected?

muabhcirk
12-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Folks, the last count I saw showed that districts 6, 8, and 9 are lagging badly. I'm in the worst of the bunch, district 6. We have several meetup group members collecting sigs now. I've also recruited a couple friends that are working on it. BUT, we need more help in these lagging districts especially. If you're in one of those districts, get out there and WORK! We have to get Dr. Paul on the ballot! Most people could probably collect a sheet's worth or more by just hitting family, friends, coworkers, etc!

newmedia4ron
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
bump