PDA

View Full Version : Phone from Home-Just found another RP Supporter in Iowa

nyrgoal99
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Add one more vote to Iowa for that the campaign now knows about.

Remember: All phone from home calls are from people the campaign does not know are RP supporters. Every person found is someone the campaign did not know about.

IDefendThePlatform
12-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Freaking awesome, +rep. We need every single vote we can get.

vechorik
12-14-2011, 12:59 PM
+1 === Three cheers for you!

+1 I'll see if I can find one today!

Yesterday, this lady, on choices thought
ending the war and bringing the troops home was two separate answers
she said "ending war" on one and "bringing troops home" on the second, so I clicked it again.
Seemed to work in the computer program (clicking an option twice).
Now who will that lady end up voting for? LOL

thehighwaymanq
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Bump. Who else is on the phones today?

tremendoustie
12-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I was on the phones the last two days, but not today -- doing advocacy at the NH HQ. Let me tell you, it's going fantastically. People are VERY open minded, and I'm coming across more RP supporters than ever.

NC Liberty
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
I too had one man tell me that Ron Paul was his first choice! It is exciting hearing all of this good news and for the most part, the people of Iowa are very nice and super easy to talk to. Continue to call!!

twister5400
12-14-2011, 01:34 PM
i just got one too! and my newt folks from yesterday were not at all set in their support. the best part, a lot of them's biggest issue was bringing troops home and ending wars.... lol... go campaign go! get on that!

kill the banks
12-14-2011, 01:34 PM
great bump

thehighwaymanq
12-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Just made about 40 calls. No survey's but left a lot of voicemails.

I'm going to get back on the phone after a little break.

Keep going everyone!

tremendoustie
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Voicemails for voter ID? I didn't realize they were doing this ... when I was doing ID, they didn't have me leave voicemails. Go figure -- maybe it's changing because the primaries are so close.

InTradePro
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Good work everyone. Encouraging to hear people are more receptive.

braane
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
int rep = 0;
String comment = [Quote];
userComment = "Add one more vote to Iowa for that the campaign now knows about"
boolean forLiberty = false

main(){
if(comment == userComment){forLiberty=true;}
if(forLiberty){givePlusRep();}
}

void givPlusRep(){
rep++;
}

I guess I am just really bored?

Tax the Fed
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
keep in mind this is a caucus . . .

just learned from the unofficial head Tea Party activist in Van Buren County Iowa that he expects RP supporters
to stack the deck and win the two caucus delegates (both) and maybe even the one alternate
at the main precinct in the county seat.

Ron Paul was second in Van Buren County Iowa in 2008 caucus, while Ron Paul won in the adjoining
Jefferson County Iowa (only candidate to win counties were Huckabee and Romney of course)

Delegates matter . . . and not the percentage of the caucus votes
(i.e Fred Thompson gets 13% in 2008 and RP 10% statewide, but RP won many more delegates
to the caucus convention in SE Iowa (former Jim Leach (R-IA) territory)

JamesButabi
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Voicemails for voter ID? I didn't realize they were doing this ... when I was doing ID, they didn't have me leave voicemails. Go figure -- maybe it's changing because the primaries are so close.

As far as I know the system has always had this. On getting voicemails there is a button you are supposed to push that will leave a voicemail and send you to the next call.

limequat
12-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Anybody know what that voicemail says?

tremendoustie
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
As far as I know the system has always had this. On getting voicemails there is a button you are supposed to push that will leave a voicemail and send you to the next call.

Well, I was doing it at HQ or remote phonebanks, not phone from home, so maybe it's different.

thehighwaymanq
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Anybody know what that voicemail says?

It's a message from a local known activist.

nyrgoal99
12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Very few pickups, but even voicemail's are good too. They get Ron Paul's name out there. Recent polls have over 70% of people hearing from our campaign. This is really working.

% is going down because the list has been run through a few times. But we need every vote.

twister5400
12-14-2011, 02:33 PM
i'm doing this in shifts, and it seems like earlier in the day i get to call iowa. in the later afternoon i am calling new hampshire... after its too late does it start calling nevada because of the time zone dif? it seems like the campaign could really extend their influence if they could use folks who may be night owls.. maybe have a late night for ron paul, where you are calling california, washington, oregon, alaska, and hawaii... i know they arent important right now, but i mean if you're not calling iowa at one in the morning est. you might as well be calling out there ya know?

twister5400
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
from 9:00 pm est on, i have nothing but free time, and usually stay up til like 1:00 just playing on the internet. if i could use this time to be calling western states, even though they aren't as important now, it would still help, and surely put us ahead of the curve in those later states... what ya'll think?

nyrgoal99
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I agree with Alaska and Hawaii, use the time zone to our advantage

FA.Hayek
12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
i'm about to start!

twister5400
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
i mean, even being able to call cali after 9:00 est. would be great. there are a ton of potential delegates out there, and if we can go ahead now and find 50,000 supporters out there, and get supplies in their hands, thats less work that we have to do later on... and certainly helps when we finally get there and ron paul already has a commanding lead... we could go ahead and make it not even worth romney's while

twister5400
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
plus just to add to that, all est. folks, would be able to take advantage of their free after 9:00 minutes... already i'm done hijacking the thread. was just a thought... back to the calls!

Paulitics 2011
12-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Every time I hear a Ron Paul supporter, it makes all the voicemails, declined surveys, and failed calls worth it.

I'm still finding that the vast majority of people are undecided, and can be tipped in our favor. Keep calling!

thehighwaymanq
12-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Every time I hear a Ron Paul supporter, it makes all the voicemails, declined surveys, and failed calls worth it.

I'm still finding that the vast majority of people are undecided, and can be tipped in our favor. Keep calling!

That's great! All RP supporters are taken out of the cycle so any supporters we now get the campaign did not know about.

Keep going! We are all making a huge difference! Just broke 125 calls for the day

twister5400
12-14-2011, 05:18 PM
just broke 125 calls today as well... found 3 supporters... about to start my 4th calling shift... whoo!

thehighwaymanq
12-14-2011, 05:24 PM
just broke 125 calls today as well... found 3 supporters... about to start my 4th calling shift... whoo!

3 Ron Paul supporters? WOW THATS GREAT!

seapilot
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Add one more vote to Iowa for that the campaign now knows about.

Remember: All phone from home calls are from people the campaign does not know are RP supporters. Every person found is someone the campaign did not know about.

One is the least that will vote. Many might bring a friend or relative to vote too. So figure possible 2 to 3 more votes for everyone discovered.

vechorik
12-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Just started calling -- not even 10 calls down and found a "strong" RP supporter!
Get on those phones!

thehighwaymanq
12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Just started calling -- not even 10 calls down and found a "strong" RP supporter!
Get on those phones!

REVOLUTION!

stang56k
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey guys...

Ive been doing the Phone from Home for the past hour and I was set up to Call New Hampshire. Well, The guy I was calling for was not available and it was his mother who answered. Well, I got a part way through the script and she interrupted me to ask if I was Ron Paul supporter...I said "Yes". I was expecting her to talk crap or hang up or something. What really happened was... She said cool!... I'm a part of the Phone from Home program too and so Is my son!!! I was so ecstatic lol! Coolest thing ever lol!

seapilot
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey guys...

Ive been doing the Phone from Home for the past hour and I was set up to Call New Hampshire. Well, The guy I was calling for was not available and it was his mother who answered. Well, I got a part way through the script and she interrupted me to ask if I was Ron Paul supporter...I said "Yes". I was expecting her to talk crap or hang up or something. What really happened was... She said cool!... I'm a part of the Phone from Home program too and so Is my son!!! I was so ecstatic lol! Coolest thing ever lol!

That is bizarre and very cool at the same time. So did you both survey each other? LOL

unknown
12-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I found one as well. :) :) :)

unknown
12-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey guys...

That is epic.

stang56k
12-14-2011, 07:40 PM
No lol. I just put Supports Ron Paul and Strong lol.

seapilot
12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
No lol. I just put Supports Ron Paul and Strong lol.

Strong? Someone that phone banks for RP is much more than that. They are crawl through a minefield under heavy gunfire, swim over moat filled with alligators to vote for him strong.

vechorik
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM
This NH list is HOT -- another "strong" RP in less than 100 calls

stang56k
12-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Strong? Someone that phone banks for RP is much more than that. They are crawl through a minefield under heavy gunfire, swim over moat filled with alligators to vote for him strong.

If that was an option I would surely put that sir! lol

vechorik
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey guys...

yes it is! giving you
+1 tomorrow (out now)

vechorik
12-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Calling it a night -- TWO "strong" Ron Paul supporters found in NH in less than one hour! So cool!

seapilot
12-14-2011, 08:04 PM
This NH list is HOT -- another "strong" RP in less than 100 calls

Amazing , Amazing.

ronpaulhawaii
12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Hmmm, that is bizarre, and yes, pretty cool at the same time

NC Liberty
12-14-2011, 08:09 PM
This makes me smile!!

seapilot
12-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Found another RP strong voter in NV. Their first and second choice was Ron Paul.

nyrgoal99
12-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Found another RP supporter in NV

Kodaddy
12-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Yes, yes, yes! Awesome work everyone...keep calling!...we're close to the tipping point...don't let up!...we are united in liberty and have a chance to change the course of America and history. We are individuals with a common cause. We are people of ideas. We are the R3voLution!

vechorik
12-15-2011, 08:13 AM
BUMP