PDA

View Full Version : Make your pre-election predictions now.

unknown
12-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Between now and the 2012 election, commodity prices will fall. The cost of food, gas, home heating will all go down. By some miracle, the stock market will stabilize as well. Unbelievably, unemployment will also be down!

Did I miss any?

CaptUSA
12-14-2011, 12:19 PM
I think you are greatly over-estimating the power of government to do any such thing. Even in the short term.

oyarde
12-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Between now and the 2013 election, commodity prices will fall. The cost of food, gas, home heating will all go down. By some miracle, the stock market will stabilize as well. Unbelievably, unemployment will also be down!

Did I miss any? How you figure gas & heating oil to go down ??

unknown
12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
How you figure gas & heating oil to go down ??

Strengthen the dollar since commodity prices are a reflect of the dollar's strength or weakness. All they need to do is slow the printing presses depending on how they play Iran. Its actually happening right now as the "Fed" said they are not going to add more liquidity to the market.

unknown
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I think you are greatly over-estimating the power of government to do any such thing. Even in the short term.

It wouldnt be diffiuclt to strengthen the dollar if they really wanted to.

As far as the market, they can manipulate that almost instantly. I dont think it was a coincidence that this "glitch" occurred as they were debating the final passage of the Dodd financial "reforms" and the auditing of the "Fed".

The Dow suffered its biggest ever intraday point drop -- 998.5 points. The market's fall may have been exacerbated by an erroneous trades that showed some shares briefly fell to nearly zero.

The situation remained unclear long after the closing bell as the Nasdaq Stock Market and others said they would cancel multiple erroneous trades. Other exchanges scrambled to examine orders.

At 2:47 p.m. the selling peaked and indexes plummeted across the board with several falling to nearly zero. They included Boston Beer, Radian Group, Exelon Corp. and Centerpoint.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/06/us-markets-stocks-idUSTRE6341EA20100506