PDA

View Full Version : So how do you SELL gold?

Corydoras
11-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Gold seems to be easy to buy and inconvenient to sell.

Please answer these questions in terms a total metals dummy can understand:
When you want to sell physical gold coins or bullion, where do you go, or where do you send it?
And this is very important, how do you know you are being given a fair price?

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Gold seems to be easy to buy and inconvenient to sell.

Please answer these questions in terms a total metals dummy can understand:
When you want to sell physical gold coins or bullion, where do you go, or where do you send it?
And this is very important, how do you know you are being given a fair price?

don't think sell, think trade. gold has value, items and services have value. what person in their right mind would turn down gold as payment for a service? It will keep its value unlike the federal reserve notes we trade with today.

Corydoras
11-08-2007, 12:44 AM
don't think sell, think trade. gold has value, items and services have value. what person in their right mind would turn down gold as payment for a service? It will keep its value unlike the federal reserve notes we trade with today.

I honestly can't think of any services or objects I would want that wouldn't require FRNs.

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 12:55 AM
I honestly can't think of any services or objects I would want that wouldn't require FRNs.

I fix computers and networks, I'll take gold any day. I also do counseling and campaign consulting, I will take gold for any of these services.
Got an itch you need scratched? I'll scratch it for gold. ;)

theseus51
11-08-2007, 01:03 AM
You must have like a jewelry shop or something in your town, no? You can mail gold to like online sites, bulliondirect.com or apmex.com too.

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 01:08 AM
You must have like a jewelry shop or something in your town, no? You can mail gold to like online sites, bulliondirect.com or apmex.com too.

Our pawn shops pay for gold by weight. Or I could use the gold you give me to buy goods or services from someone else. no one has to cash in the gold to realise its value. you just trade it directly.