PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Gingrich ‘proposed the death penalty for marijuana’

Noob
12-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Over the weekend, struggling Republican presidential candidate Gary Johnson reminded MSNBC viewers that GOP frontrunner Newt Gingrich had once to called to punish some drug offenders with death.

“Newt Gingrich, in 1997, proposed the death penalty for marijuana — for possession of marijuana above a certain quantity of marijuana,” Johnson explained. “And yet, he is among 100 million Americans who’ve smoked marijuana.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/12/gary-johnson-gingrich-proposed-the-death-penalty-for-marijuana/

GopBlackList
12-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Over the weekend, struggling Republican presidential candidate Gary Johnson reminded MSNBC viewers that GOP frontrunner Newt Gingrich had once to called to punish some drug offenders with death.

“Newt Gingrich, in 1997, proposed the death penalty for marijuana — for possession of marijuana above a certain quantity of marijuana,” Johnson explained. “And yet, he is among 100 million Americans who’ve smoked marijuana.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/12/gary-johnson-gingrich-proposed-the-death-penalty-for-marijuana/

Gary Johnson should hope not to be tagged as the marijuana candidate if he keeps peddling his marijuana position. Don't get me wrong I do think marijuana should be legal even though I wouldn't use it.

lx43
12-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Is this true?

DerailingDaTrain
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes, it is true. I don't see a problem with being the "marijuana candidate". A lot of the medical marijuana community is pissed off at Obama for going back on his word and turning out to be worse than Bush for them. That's a huge support base if you ask me and since Ron supports state rights he could scoop up all of the voters in states with medical laws. Take a look at any "marijuana" advocate site and see who they are talking about when it comes to the candidates (Hint: This site is dedicated to him)

Also, I see tons of people on here who say that they support people's right to use it but they themselves don't and wouldn't, come on...not even once?

amy31416
12-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Anyone who advocates such things better be willing to pull the trigger themselves on some 15 year old kid who smoked a joint.

Sick bastards probably are, is the problem.