PDA

View Full Version : I am on the ballot!

Elwar
12-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I just received the call that I am on the ballot for my local water company's (H udson W ater W orks) board of directors.

While this is not a public office, it is the de-facto city council for my unincorporated town.

From what I have heard, the water board is very good ol' boy. When they built the new building for the water company the brother of one of the board members ended up with the contract.

I plan on shedding some light on the water board and keeping them honest.

They also have horrible customer service. It is a private co-op but it is a monopoly. They know that their customers have no choice in the matter and they take advantage of it. I feel like we should treat it as though we are competing against two other companies in town that have better water and better customer service.

And they are ancient in how you can pay your bill. They stopped accepting credit cards over the phone or in person because someone scammed them out of a payment. So the only way to pay now is in person or by sending in a check. And they are only open 7AM to 3PM.

The election will be held Friday, January 20, just over a week before the Florida primary.

As I canvass the neighborhoods I can drop off Ron Paul flyers as well. And hopefully this will help with becoming a delegate in my precinct.

I am not too sure of where to go from here though.

JakeH
12-14-2011, 10:02 AM
So are you saying we need a minibomb for your campaign? :)

Krugerrand
12-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Way to go!

vechorik
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Congrats -- thanks for the hard work! +1

Elwar
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
So are you saying we need a minibomb for your campaign? :)

No minibombs necessary. I have no idea of any sort of finance laws and do not want to deal with it.

I could use some Ron Paul materials though. I have already had a few people come up to me asking me where I got my Ron Paul sign because they wanted one for their yard.

raystone
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Way to go ! Taking back the power centers, wherever they may be, is taking the fight on ourselves. It's what Dr. Paul wants us to do.

V3n
12-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Are you sure you want to do this? I've heard working on the water board is torture!! :eek:

jk - Congratulations!!

oyarde
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Good Luck !

Kylie
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Best of luck!

Romulus
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Do they fluoridate the water there?

Elwar
12-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Do they fluoridate the water there?

Good question. I am not 100% positive on the process but need to learn it. All of our water comes from wells and then it is piped to homes for their water.

I am not sure if there is something in between the wells and our homes where the water is filtered or fluoridated. If it is, I will certainly fight that.