Poll taken December 8th to the 12th NATIONALLY

Newt Gingrich 28%
Mitt Romney 18%
Ron Paul 12%
Rick Perry 12%
Michelle Bachmann 10%
John Huntsman 5%
Rick Santorum 4%

The poll was based on telephone interviews of 1,102 adults, 443 of them registered Republicans. The margin of error for all adults is plus or minus 3 percentage points; for Republicans the margin of error is plus or minus 4.7 percentage points.

**Note for the GOP results they only looked at registered republicans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/14/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSTRE7BD0AI20111214

Delivered4000
12-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Is this national or IOWA?

Jtorsella
12-14-2011, 04:45 AM
National :)

LibertyDreckman
12-14-2011, 04:46 AM

National, sorry I didn't add it to the post, it is in the title :). Edited it to put in the post itself!

I don't think Reuters does state polling.

jkob
12-14-2011, 04:48 AM
How much have we gained since their last poll?

rawful
12-14-2011, 04:52 AM
I get an error trying to pull up the stats. How did he do vs. Obama?

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-14-2011, 04:54 AM
I don't like that Perry and Bachmann are so close behind him in this poll.

fearthereaperx
12-14-2011, 04:59 AM
wow huntsman at 5%??

bluesc
12-14-2011, 05:02 AM
wow huntsman at 5%??

He's surging!

Nah, it's good if electorate is splitting. Once Ron surges after Iowa, he will almost certainly be 2nd nationally and competing for 1st.

fearthereaperx
12-14-2011, 05:06 AM
He's surging!

Nah, it's good if electorate is splitting. Once Ron surges after Iowa, he will almost certainly be 2nd nationally and competing for 1st.

yeah he's fast becoming the Romney equalizer

LibertyDreckman
12-14-2011, 05:16 AM
I get an error trying to pull up the stats. How did he do vs. Obama?

Yeah, I got the same thing. I don't know if they even polled him head to head.

LeJimster
12-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Ron's nationals are lagging behind the key states still. I think Gingrich's support is starting spread to other candidates as they refuse to get behind Ron Paul right now. I don't expect Ron's national polls to look much better until after Iowa/New Hampshire. I'm expecting a big jump in January.

12-14-2011, 07:30 AM
This is much better than that WSJ/NBC one last night that had the grinch at 40. How do they justify these wild differences?

One more good one and Ron will crack double digits in the RCP average for the first time.

thehighwaymanq
12-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Huntman dropping out will be good for us. I know a few Huntsman supporters who have Ron as their second choice

speciallyblend
12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Huntman dropping out will be good for us. I know a few Huntsman supporters who have Ron as their second choice

we should be courting huntsman to join the ron paul campaign team and give his endorsement. Would be great before iowa but more realistic after iowa! He would be high level in a ron paul admin!

12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
we should be courting huntsman to join the ron paul campaign team and give his endorsement. Would be great before iowa but more realistic after iowa! He would be high level in a ron paul admin!

Never in a million years will that happen. Huntsman is all in for NH and his Dad did a half million dollar NH ad buy.

Sean
12-14-2011, 07:51 AM
The only good national numbers do us is that they bring in donors and media attention. The real key are the Iowa and NH numbers. Some of the latest of these show us close to first in Iowa and gaining in NH.

TER
12-14-2011, 08:02 AM
These numbers are very encouraging. :) Of course, there is still much work to be done. :D

And if we continue to work hard, Iowa will turn into New Hampshire, and from there on out, the battle for delegates shall begin in earnest. We still have much to see before the next President is sworn in, of this we can be sure. 12% in the national polls can become 32% in a matter of weeks. We need to keep hitting the phones and donating time and money. We must continue to be ambassadors for Ron Paul, and clearing up the lies and distoritions being fed by the media. We should be educating those around us, and helping one another. This is the one chance we may have to save this country from self-destruction. For the future of my children, I beg you all, to continue to fight and not give up!

Fermli
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM
bump.

nice 12% for Paul =)

Omnica
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
These numbers are very encouraging. :) Of course, there is still much work to be done. :D

And if we continue to work hard, Iowa will turn into New Hampshire, and from there on out, the battle for delegates shall begin in earnest. We still have much to see before the next President is sworn in, of this we can be sure. 12% in the national polls can become 32% in a matter of weeks. We need to keep hitting the phones and donating time and money. We must continue to be ambassadors for Ron Paul, and clearing up the lies and distoritions being fed by the media. We should be educating those around us, and helping one another. This is the one chance we may have to save this country from self-destruction. For the future of my children, I beg you all, to continue to fight and not give up!
Indeed!