PDA

View Full Version : I can't stop thinking about the "Garage Door Revolution" ad--can we YouTube asap?

Zydeco
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
There's another mega-thread on this, but I've watched this ad several times and can't stop thinking about it. There are about 5 layers of meaning to it. It's like a poem.

Can someone more techno-savvy than me figure out how to YouTube this right away? It will become Aravoth-esque viral in a matter of days, I assure you!

http://deafronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/11/garage-door-revolution.html

Dlynne
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
We need Avodart, and see if he can use this to make a commercial. I live in Houston, not far from from the blogger who made this video, so I may be able to help with reshooting anything.

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 08:12 PM
It's powerful ,yet simple,this needs to be an ad and run asap. It hit me at several levels and brought some tears to my eyes:)

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I really hope we don't drop this project... i know i've laid out suggestion, i don't care if not one is used, the video as is...has weight, i just think it has more weight with a lil' polish to it.

KramerDSP
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
We need Avodart, and see if he can use this to make a commercial. I live in Houston, not far from from the blogger who made this video, so I may be able to help with reshooting anything.

FYI - I live in Palm Coast, Florida, nowhere near Houston, Texas :)

KramerDSP
11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Just let me know what you need. I have the video file ready to send to anyone via e-mail through PM. It can also be embedded, but when uploaded to youtube, it will lose the subtitles, so they d have to be added in again. Google video has the .srt function, but is not as widely used as youtube. One guy on this forum commented on the Subtitles thread down in the Project Coordination and Resources subforum on how he was able to get youtube videos captioned.