PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Supporters really switch to RP?

JasonM
12-14-2011, 02:31 AM
I've heard that Herman Cain supporters were supposed to switch to Ron Paul or go to all the other candidates evenly, but I can't help but feel that at least 60% of the Cain people switched to Gingrich. After all, before he dropped out, Cain was tied with Gingrich, Romney and Paul in the 20s. But since he dropped, Gingrich went up 10 points while Romney and Paul largely held ground.

Please tell me I'm wrong with this, but I think having Cain endorse Gingrich was a huge factor in having them all walk to Gingrich.

Not that they can't be converted of course, but I do feel that Cain's drop out directly helped Gingrich instead of anyone else.

akalucas
12-14-2011, 02:34 AM
from looking at these past polls cains soft support mostly went to gingrich. cains hard support went mostly to RP and cains super hardcore supporters are just not going to vote for anybody else. I think, though, that the soft support that went to gingrich will move around to other candidates and maybe come to RP if we win Iowa

Xenophage
12-14-2011, 02:34 AM
I think so.

gerryb
12-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Most went to Gingrich and some to RP -- now that Ron Paul is taking down Newt while tying newt's rope around Romney.... Ron Paul is taking it back.

Here is a chart for NH
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-1581.html

TheDuke
12-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Cain supporters did not have a clue. They can switch to every candidate. I hope when they do switch to us, they do the research (so they don't switch again).

Rudeman
12-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Well I know of 2 Cain supporters who switched to Paul, both were Paul supporters in 07-08 but went with Cain because they thought he had a better chance to win.

I'm sure a lot went to Newt initially because of all the hype Newt was getting and they're probably on the anybody but Romney ride, but now that it looks like Newt is dropping it'll be interesting to see where they go.

paulp
12-14-2011, 03:50 AM
The best way to get people to switch position is to keep spreading the messages of Ron Paul, protection of civil liberty and defending the Constitution. Let's keep spreading the message and win the heart of one voter at a time.

regards,
Paul P.

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Download free Android App to spread the message of Ron Paul (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.paulandroidapp.RPQuote)

libertythor
12-14-2011, 04:12 AM
I think a lot of Paul's latest increase in numbers is from the combined effect of Cain dropping out and the last debate. A lot of Cain's supporters liked his simple non-nonesense sounding 9 9 9 messages that made it appear like Cain was serious about taking the axe to the government. Paul is the only no-nonsense candidate left really, and he is naturally poised to pick up a lot of Cain voters.

Remember that Cain was appealing to Tea Partiers, and Gingrich doesn't have any Tea Party appeal. :D Michelle Bachman and Ron Paul are the only Tea Partyesque candidates left standing.

RM918
12-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Well I know of 2 Cain supporters who switched to Paul, both were Paul supporters in 07-08 but went with Cain because they thought he had a better chance to win.

Why the hell do people do this? Do they think they get a prize for picking the winner?

bluesc
12-14-2011, 04:36 AM
Why the hell do people do this? Do they think they get a prize for picking the winner?

Sheep gonna flock.