PDA

View Full Version : Do you really know what you are voting for??

klamath
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
The theme that keeps coming up in all the generally fair articles, RP states his positions without sugar coating anything in politic speak but they never make the connection that this is what is a huge attraction to us RP supporters at least I know it is with me. When he says something I know it is what he believes and what he will strive for, whether I agree or not.
When I voted for GWB in '00 I thought I was voting for no nation building.
To all the supporters of all the other candidates out there this is what we need to ask them.

"Do you really know what you are voting for? I do, Ron Paul"

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Freedom.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I know his positions very well and I am for him 100%. I know that he respects the rule of law and will go through Congress to implement his plans. The very few things that I slightly disagree with him on will be balanced by Congress. I get tired of hearing his supporters don't know his positions also.

Mr. White
11-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I recognize that if we pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, there will probably be some sort of strike in an attempt to draw us back in. I realize the stock market will react negatively to him taking office. I recognize the value of my dollar will likely go down. I recognize that this will simply be a transitional period.

I know I can take it, I just hope the rest of the "we want it now" nation will be as forgiving.

werdd
11-07-2007, 07:16 PM
i vote for liberty.

Sir VotesALot
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Sanity.

klamath
I know his positions very well and I am for him 100%. I know that he respects the rule of law and will go through Congress to implement his plans. The very few things that I slightly disagree with him on will be balanced by Congress. I get tired of hearing his supporters don't know his positions also.

That irritates me to when they say that. If there is an issue I don't know his position on I pretty much can figure it out with deductive reasoning of the constitution.

ShowMeLiberty

Ditto.

Just any change isn't good enough. I did my homework before leaping head first into this revolution.

jake
common sense and accountability

1000-points-of-fright
11-07-2007, 07:21 PM
The talking heads keep saying that RP is pulling the anti-war crowd that would hate all his other positions if they knew what they really were.

I'm the exact opposite. The war is at the bottom of my list of reasons to support him.

Ron Paul Fan
11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Limited Government!

I think the question in the thread title is best asked to other candidate's supporters and the majority of Americans, not us. They call us rabid and dedicated, yet think we don't know what our candidate stands for. I might even be willing to bet that we know more about every other candidate's positions more than their own supporters do!

AceNZ
11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I recognize that if we pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, there will probably be some sort of strike in an attempt to draw us back in. I realize the stock market will react negatively to him taking office. I recognize the value of my dollar will likely go down. I recognize that this will simply be a transitional period.

I know I can take it, I just hope the rest of the "we want it now" nation will be as forgiving.

A financial analyst on CNBC was recently asked which candidate he thought would be best for the stock market. His answer: Ron Paul.

I think the dollar would be much stronger with RP in office. After all, his goal is to go back on the gold standard -- you can't have a stronger currency than that!

Mr. White
11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
A financial analyst on CNBC was recently asked which candidate he thought would be best for the stock market. His answer: Ron Paul.

I think the dollar would be much stronger with RP in office. After all, his goal is to go back on the gold standard -- you can't have a stronger currency than that!

Emphasis on TRANSITIONAL PERIOD. I'm aware that things will get better. I just hope people will be able to handle the bitter pill if it's handed to them rather than forced down there throats by a collapsing economy.

beerista
11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah, the question annoys me no end, too. But to be fair, these people are used to politicians who don't say anything when they talk and don't even mean that. It kind of makes sense that they don't understand the words coming out of Ron Paul's mouth, even moreso because the words are concise and he means what he says.
Just confuses the heck out of those Beltway people. :D

Mandrik
11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
My children, my paycheck (all of it), my country, but most importantly, and the thing that brings all these together, my freedom.

klamath
11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Limited Government!

I think the question in the thread title is best asked to other candidate's supporters and the majority of Americans, not us. They call us rabid and dedicated, yet think we don't know what our candidate stands for. I might even be willing to bet that we know more about every other candidate's positions more than their own supporters do!

That is the real question. We really all know where RP stands, we know he means what he says.
Ask an antiwar Hillary supporter where Hillary stands on getting out of the war?

Ummm..she wants us to get out..I think...Maybe......

purplechoe
11-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm voting for personal responsibility and I really, really dislike the Federal Reserve. That whole system is evil I tell you. Remeber Jesus and the money changers? Same thing.

Duckman
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I was first attacted to Ron Paul years ago because of his opposition to the War on Drugs. I think it is a HUGE waste of money and a travesty against freedom and individual rights.

I like his libertarian ideas, I am also against such things as smoking laws, censorship, etc.

I am VERY attracted to his anti-imperialist message. I don't think so many Americans really realized we live in an empire. I think they are waking up to it now, bigtime though.

I am also solidly attracted to his anti-Iraq War message. The Iraq War is the biggest boondoggle in American history, bar none. Hopefully the damage from it can be repaired. I am so sorry every time I hear someone else has died in that war.

misconstrued
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM

I expect things will be a whole lot worse economically before the next president is sworn in and that we may see a lot of new people throwing their support behind Ron Paul with the hope that he'll help get us out of this mess.

ladyliberty
11-07-2007, 07:53 PM
The talking heads keep saying that RP is pulling the anti-war crowd that would hate all his other positions if they knew what they really were.

I'm the exact opposite. The war is at the bottom of my list of reasons to support him.

EXACTLY!

If you want to know what Ron Paul stands for all you have to do is go to any search engine and type his name + topic, and you will get a hundred articles and THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING - for the past 20+ years!!!! That is what so amazing about him!

Comparing Ron Paul to ANY other candidate - Republican or Democrat is like comparing a fresh picked sweet juicy Naval Orange to a bowl of plastic fake fruit!

In my mind there is only one real choice - Ron Paul!

(to borrow an old slogan ...)

He's the Real Thing!

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
1. Staying out of Iran
2. getting out of Iraq
3. diminishing exectutive power, restoring the fourth, which ties into
4. ending the war on drugs, or at least marijuana

all the other issues... meh.