PDA

View Full Version : TeaParty07 - We've got media coverage already...

nathanielyao
11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi Guys,

Coverage from ABC:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/11/ron-pauls-army-.html

This is gonna be big!

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Haha, they're onto us. :D This puts pressure on us to REALLY outperform and deliver!

dfalken
11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
This is going to be bigger than we can imagine at this point, support for Dr. Paul is going parabolic and his message sells easily. 38000 donors could quickly turn into 100s of thousands of donors...it can spread like a virus, especially since most of us who donated are going to be actively recruiting others.

How about putting together a concise but informative essay about Dr. Paul and the December 16th money drive on the teaparty website so that we can copy and paste that text into an email that we can then send to our friends and family in our address books. I have been convincing people by word of mouth to check out Dr. Paul and many of them are ready to vote for him. A well drafted email can spread very quickly and provide tons of free publicity for Dr. Paul and also garnish a bunch of new donors for the Dec 16th effort. If we do this right Dec 16th will resonate throughout the world. Maybe we can even get the official campaign promoters to give us the text or part of the text for that email. Beating the 6 million mark on the 16th is not even going to be a challenge given the momentum this campaign is carrying....I could see us collecting 20 or 30 million if we do this right and if the Paul website can handle the traffic.

Sorry for posting the above in two different threads but I am new to this board and I don't know who reads what so I am just trying to get the idea out to the appropriate people to see if we can incorporate it. Having a template we can use to "sell" Ron Paul to people we know will help us get the word out.

David

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah they got our plan wrong though saying 2 days instead of 1 but whatever, its just great that they are ALREADY giving this attention! They know this is the one!

I feel $7,000,000 coming in 1 day.....!!!:eek::eek:

dfalken
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
It will be much much more than 7 million....4 million won't turn to 7 it will go up several fold, you'll see, this is like a small brush fire that is turning into a forest fire.

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
It will be much much more than 7 million....4 million won't turn to 7 it will go up several fold, you'll see, this is like a small brush fire that is turning into a forest fire.

Wow! I hope you're right lol! Go up several fold?!:eek:

I know its going to be huge though, like earth moving, ground breaking, foundation shaking, huge!:D:D:D:D:D

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM
dfalken,

I like the cut of your jib :)

I think 8mill is possible

I predicted 1.5mill for nov5th so id gladly be wrong again :)

ShowMeLiberty
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM
"Ron Paul's Army" :D :cool:

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Haha as was I wrong also, and I hope I'm wrong saying $7 million for this day too because it turns out to be way more!

dfalken
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
At this point my biggest concern would be that the Ron Paul site can actually handle the traffic. Everyone of us who donated on Nov 5th is a walking, talking donor gatherer for Dec 16th. There are 35000 of us and each one of us will probably convince a few more people..add to that the media attention that Dr. Paul is starting to get. It is more than a month away and his campaign started going parabolic a while back..from here on out if the campaign doesn't fizzle out, the numbers will be simply unreal. November 5th turned the corner for Dr. Paul..this is the day when he became a viable 1st tier candidate and the media and the other candidates are starting to wake up to this fact. On Dec 16th we could make news not only here in the US but worldwide...we are spreading like a virus. Let's put together some intelligent marketing material (email) that we can use to enlist more supporters.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi

We are somewhere between "they ridicule you" and "they fight you", let's carry our momentum all the way to the end of that sentence.

Flirple
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone dreaming of goals such as $7mil or $8mil instead of the ridiculous $10 million goal of Nov 5th. We were not in any position to be dreaming of $10 million a month ago. But now we are even stronger and can certainly break our old record handily if we work hard.

I think $7 million sounds like a good number for our tea party goal.

SonicInfinity
11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
The media got the "double whammy" part wrong. It's only the 16th.

austin356
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
The media got the "double whammy" part wrong. It's only the 16th.

Its alright. We are giving them a double whammy, support one day, money the day after. Thats a double whammy even if it was not the same double whammy they intended.

Flirple
11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
At this point my biggest concern would be that the Ron Paul site can actually handle the traffic. Everyone of us who donated on Nov 5th is a walking, talking donor gatherer for Dec 16th. There are 35000 of us and each one of us will probably convince a few more people..add to that the media attention that Dr. Paul is starting to get. It is more than a month away and his campaign started going parabolic a while back..from here on out if the campaign doesn't fizzle out, the numbers will be simply unreal. November 5th turned the corner for Dr. Paul..this is the day when he became a viable 1st tier candidate and the media and the other candidates are starting to wake up to this fact. On Dec 16th we could make news not only here in the US but worldwide...we are spreading like a virus. Let's put together some intelligent marketing material (email) that we can use to enlist more supporters.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi

We are somewhere between "they ridicule you" and "they fight you", let's carry our momentum all the way to the end of that sentence.

Yes, and my other concern is with the media attention we now have the other campaigns have us on their radar screens now. Therefore, I think we need to be very concerned about the official website being hacked just at the stroke of midnight at the start of the 16th.

The official campaign needs to do whatever they need to do to prevent that. And maybe we should think of a backup plan if that does happen?

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Yes, and my other concern is with the media attention we now have the other campaigns have us on their radar screens now. Therefore, I think we need to be very concerned about the official website being hacked just at the stroke of midnight at the start of the 16th.

The official campaign needs to do whatever they need to do to prevent that. And maybe we should think of a backup plan if that does happen?
More volunteers to handle the call-in number? ;)

I was worried about that as well for Nov 5th. Or the thisnovember5th site getting hacked and pointing to a completely different site that would NOT be donating to Dr. Paul's campaign.

K1RBY
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
10M will be cake!
set the goal high. demand more!!

kevman657
11-07-2007, 09:13 PM
8 Million should be the official goal. I mean last time we set a goal of 3.5 million and look what we did with that :)

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I would think the fundrasing goal should probably be nothing short of the largest day of fundraising EVER by ANYONE + $1. The number should be easy enough to find on FEC records (check Kerry's nomination day, and maybe do a search through a CSV copy of the records for Obama and Hill). I mean - what is it going to be? Around $6.4 million dollars? It attainable... :)

Hi ABC!!! :D

JM

Midnight77
11-07-2007, 11:07 PM
I think the goal should be $6 Million. I do not under any circumstance want to underperform this day. Not that we underperformed on the 5th by any means ... but the goal wasn't realistic.

If we set a goal of $6 Million, and we bring in $8 or even $10 Million ... more power to us.

"No Taxation For Global Occupation"

Mckarnin
11-07-2007, 11:30 PM
This is going to be bigger than we can imagine at this point, support for Dr. Paul is going parabolic and his message sells easily. 38000 donors could quickly turn into 100s of thousands of donors...it can spread like a virus, especially since most of us who donated are going to be actively recruiting others.

How about putting together a concise but informative essay about Dr. Paul and the December 16th money drive on the teaparty website so that we can copy and paste that text into an email that we can then send to our friends and family in our address books. I have been convincing people by word of mouth to check out Dr. Paul and many of them are ready to vote for him. A well drafted email can spread very quickly and provide tons of free publicity for Dr. Paul and also garnish a bunch of new donors for the Dec 16th effort. If we do this right Dec 16th will resonate throughout the world. Maybe we can even get the official campaign promoters to give us the text or part of the text for that email. Beating the 6 million mark on the 16th is not even going to be a challenge given the momentum this campaign is carrying....I could see us collecting 20 or 30 million if we do this right and if the Paul website can handle the traffic.

Sorry for posting the above in two different threads but I am new to this board and I don't know who reads what so I am just trying to get the idea out to the appropriate people to see if we can incorporate it. Having a template we can use to "sell" Ron Paul to people we know will help us get the word out.

David

How about something fun that people could send out like an: "Are you a Ron Paul Supporter?" Quiz that asks the person yes/no questions and then tells them Ron Paul's answers afterwards? I could help write copy but if anyone wants it to look snazzy that would have to be someone else's job.

Katharine

Mckarnin
11-07-2007, 11:34 PM

I agree! I was praying on Nov. 5th because I was afraid of hacking. The tricky thing is when you are dealing with money you need something super secure that people trust so the back-up would have to fit that description.

itsnobody
11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Now all we need is a nice site, then pure grassroots will take care of the rest...

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 11:57 PM
YES!!!!

A quiz on the issues would be a great idea.

For example, we could say something like this for the Iraq War:

Do you think it is wrong to go to war if Congress does not declare war, but we go anyway?

Then the person would logically answer yes, and once they see that question was about Iraq and they think we should stay there they will reconsider their opinion hopefully.

NinjaPirate
11-08-2007, 07:59 AM
YES!!!!

A quiz on the issues would be a great idea.

For example, we could say something like this for the Iraq War:

Do you think it is wrong to go to war if Congress does not declare war, but we go anyway?

Then the person would logically answer yes, and once they see that question was about Iraq and they think we should stay there they will reconsider their opinion hopefully.

IMO, quiz questions should lead to factual answers, not opinionated ones. ;)

ConstitutionGal
11-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I would like to know what email addy the official campaign is using at Paypal. THAT site can certainly handle the traffic and would be a good alternative in case of some sort of shenanigans on the offical site. Has anyone donated to the campaign through Paypal and, if so, did you have to enter all the necessary info (name, address, occupation, etc) to make the donation?

Conza88
11-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Gotta keep it historical... like the 5th!
Look at the message that was being conveyed... we gotta stick to the day we have chosen, and choose a good analogy.

The V for Vendetta had all that.

Boston Tea Party - "No taxation without representation".

The Boston Tea Party was an act of protest by the American colonists against Great Britain in which they destroyed many crates of tea bricks on ships in Boston Harbor. The incident, which took place on Thursday, December 16, 1773, has been seen as helping to spark the American Revolution.

The event:
On Thursday, December 16, 1773, the evening before the tea was due to be landed, the Sons of Liberty thinly disguised as Mohawk Indians, left the massive protest meeting and headed toward Griffin's Wharf, where lay Dartmouth and the newly arrived Beaver and Eleanour. Swiftly and efficiently, casks of tea were brought up from the hold to the deck, reasonable proof that some of the "Indians" were, in fact, longshoremen. The casks were opened and the tea dumped overboard; the work, lasting well into the night, was quick, thorough, and efficient. By dawn, 90,000 lbs (45 tons) of tea worth an estimated £10,000 had been consigned to waters of Boston harbor.[1] Nothing else had been damaged or stolen, except a single padlock accidentally broken and anonymously replaced not long thereafter. Tea washed up on the shores around Boston for weeks.

NOW, I suggest as its the Liberty Weekend - on the 15th (There be rally's everywhere, no donating!) Then on the 16th! - the mass donation begins!!!

As for symboly - I suggest; Monopoly money... [Fed devaluing US dollar] and throwing it away! Or burning it? ;s Or something that nature.

I love the Sons of liberty story [history] though!

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I would like to know what email addy the official campaign is using at Paypal. THAT site can certainly handle the traffic and would be a good alternative in case of some sort of shenanigans on the offical site. Has anyone donated to the campaign through Paypal and, if so, did you have to enter all the necessary info (name, address, occupation, etc) to make the donation?

You still have to put all the information. I know someone that used paypal to donate and its still like that.

But yeah that would be an alternate plan I guess..

LFOD
11-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Whew - this is building quite the head of steam. Ok what I really like about the ABC article is finally someone had the sense to actually do some real reporting - get out there (here?) and look at what's actually going on (duh), instead of making speculative BS up. That's cool. It means reporters are staring to figure out how they can report on this thing - they're starting to find the grassroots networking.

James R
11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Coverage from ABC:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/11/ron-pauls-army-.html

This is gonna be big!

Nathan, if you don't get your website up and running the media coverage is useless! Whats going on?

amonasro
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Has anyone donated to the campaign through Paypal and, if so, did you have to enter all the necessary info (name, address, occupation, etc) to make the donation?

Yep. Ronpaul2008.com redirects you to a Paypal login page when you hit the donate button. I suppose IF the site is down you could send money directly to donation@ronpaul2008.com thru Paypal's website.

dfalken
11-08-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2007/11/paul_supporters.html

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Unbelievable. CNN just did an interview with Paul, but before they did they showed the ronpaulforums and discussed teaparty07 :D Even showed some of the graphics already submitted(including the libertea spelling, grrrrr). Wonder how much free advertising we just got. This should be pretty amazing considering Nov 5th was only spread by word of net.

Hoping the DNS issues are worked out soon. Quick action though on getting the website up will net ALOT more interest :D

freelance
11-08-2007, 04:42 PM

Could they have an alternate site ready to go--just in case?

JordanL
11-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Could they have an alternate site ready to go--just in case?

http://ondecember16th.com/

Done and done. :)

sketch
11-08-2007, 04:49 PM
USA Daily has picked this up now and they reported on CNN's mention of the plan: http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=156055

I don't believe I've ever seen coverage of something start up this fast, especially when the teaparty07.com site isn't even live yet! By the time it actually goes online, the buzz will be getting hotter by the minute!

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah we need that website up ASAP now because with media coverage people might get online to pledge and sign up and such.

austin356
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
USA Daily has picked this up now and they reported on CNN's mention of the plan: http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=156055

I don't believe I've ever seen coverage of something start up this fast, especially when the teaparty07.com site isn't even live yet! By the time it actually goes online, the buzz will be getting hotter by the minute!

They No where 2 find us. RPFs; the land of milk and honey.

JordanL
11-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah we need that website up ASAP now because with media coverage people might get online to pledge and sign up and such.

I've already contacted Trevor offering my help and my resources. I have 5 terrabytes of bandwidth available to be used, and I have about 13 different domains.

:)

I also do web design and development as a profession, so I'm ready to volunteer myself as much as possible.

robertwerden
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I think it is important to stress how great we all feel to be part of this. It is like saying you were there the day something important happened in history.

We can all say we took part in history and did not just watch it happen. I plan on donating again and then some on the tea party drive.

New people need to be shown how great you will feel knowing you stood up and said, I am part of something big.

I love the quote from the movie network and I say it often.

"i'm a human being god damit, my life has value" " Im as mad as hell, and im not going to take it anymore"

These deeds we do shape the course of human history, not just that in America.

shepburn
11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
We need the teaparty07.com up ASAP!

(of course you guys know this ... I'm just being dramatic for fun!)

dfalken
11-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I am not kidding. We are getting mainstream media attention we need that site up and we also need to plan for the traffic that it will generate on event day and hopefully the campaign site will also beef their bandwith up to take in the donations. With mainstream attention already, I think even we don't understand how big December 16th is going to be. It will be front page news around the world and as a foreign born and raised citizen (El Salvador - Central America) I feel safe to say the rest of the world will hop right on board the Ron Paul campaign. They don't hate us for our freedom (which we've lost most of anyway) they hate us because we fuck with everyone else around the world. If the world hears that a candidate that is pushing for the US to stop mingling with everyone is gaining support, they will be all over it.

December 16th will be the day the Ron Paul turns the major corner and becomes the one to beat. We are making history here people....world history.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I think the site is going to be live tomorrow morning from what I'm reading in the threads around here if thats correct. I hope it is, because we desperately needed the site to be done today while Dec.16th was talked about on CNN today.

I can't believe they already mentioned it on television. Utterly shocking. We must have sent out stronger shockwaves than we realize on the 5th. They remember the 5th of November!;)

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
http://www.teaparty07.org/ is up now, at least in Texas. Maybe DNS propagation issues?

Note it's ORG not COM.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I hadn't checked recently, its probably up here as well now. I will check in a second and let you know.

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Signed up, baby.

I AM RON PAUL.

nathanielyao
11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
The site is www.teaparty07.com. I don't know who is teaparty07.org, but it is not the site being promoted. Hopefully it is a supporter who will forward to the official site once it is finished propagating...

Signed up, baby.

I AM RON PAUL.

http://www.teaparty07.org/ is up now, at least in Texas. Maybe DNS propagation issues?

Note it's ORG not COM.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Hmm I just checked it and couldn't sign up? I'll try again in a little while I guess.

The sooner we get high numbers of people signed the better, because if we get like 17,000 by tomorrow or the next day carried over from Nov.5th mainly, then CNN may report about it briefly if we're lucky riding off of the Nov.5th stories, and off of mentioning Dec.16th today.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Hmm thats strange that its not the same site actually but is using the same name.....

Flirple
11-08-2007, 09:10 PM
edit

TexMac
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
You guys should get a kick out of this:

http://www.december7thformitt.com/

17 people already!!

Our ideas...they're catching on!

Flirple
11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
http://ondecember16th.com/

Done and done. :)

Yes perfect. We need to keep this thing somewhat decentralized in case of crashes and hacking. That was always the problem with this being the dominant RP grassroots message board when this site used to crash after a debate or whatever. We never had a default place to go.

And we absolutely should also have multiple options for donating. Such as paypal, increased staff to man phones, or whatever. I guess that all falls on HQ. I hope they are working on such issues. Should we contact them?

Cali4RonPaul
11-08-2007, 09:31 PM
We need the teaparty07.com up ASAP!

(of course you guys know this ... I'm just being dramatic for fun!)

PLEASE Get teaparty07.com site up asap, too many paulites are putting together hastily put versions and confusing people.

I will only Support a TREVOR approved site. Hes the man behind november 5th. :D

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah I agree. And we're getting media coverage so we are in obvious dire need of a site. I don't think I even need to say that though lol.