PDA

View Full Version : I know its early and Iowa is key but...

Philmanoman
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Ive been wondering when do we start to put "some" focus on South Carolina or some of the other early states.Im sure patience and timing is going to be important in strategy.I guess Im just dieing to see this thing go national...just like everyone else.Do we skip out on SC?Can we compete with Newt there?
To early to think about that now?

bluesc
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
If Ron wins Iowa and NH, I can imagine him competing in SC. For now, it's Newt territory. Look at the latest IA and NH polls dude, we're doing better than ever. Always improving.

Unknown.User
12-13-2011, 11:25 PM

leetlamer
12-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Deny Newt 1st and 2nd in Iowa and NH and he will drop.

Agreed. Newt is all soft support. He will drop like cain, bachmann, etc. If Gingrich is denied 1st and 2nd he'll be finished.

Taco John
12-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Ron Paul already has campaign headquarters in South Carolina...

http://mauldin.patch.com/articles/paul-campaign-to-open-s-c-headquarters

Ron Paul's S.C. campaign headquarters has been in operation for weeks, but an official opening is scheduled for this Thursday, according to Paul supporter and volunteer Chris Barczak.

The office is located in Barczak's building at 2965 North Main St. in Columbia near Earlewood Park.

Barczak, a Midlands real estate appraiser and agent, said the opening will kick off around 5 p.m. with a meet-and-greet for Paul volunteers and supporters and anyone from the public who would like to attend.

From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. volunteers will be conducting phone-banking to promote the Paul campaign -- and teaching others who would like to assist the campaign. Then at 9 p.m., the crowd will be invited to stay and watch the Republican debate from Sioux City, Iowa, which will be televised live on the Fox News Network.

"We're hoping to get a good crowd," said Barczak. "We're excited."

Taco John
12-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Also, Paul has recently opened campaigns in Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, North Dakota and Washington.

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 11:34 PM
He has run a few ads in SC, and has staff and an office working there, has had for quite a while, I believe.

realtonygoodwin
12-13-2011, 11:38 PM
They also did a mass mailing to SC pastors recently, according to Doug Seas.

Unknown.User
12-13-2011, 11:43 PM

Czolgosz
12-13-2011, 11:44 PM
I saw a "Newt 2012" bumper sticker today. I lol'd.

realtonygoodwin
12-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Err, Doug Wead, not Doug Seas. Sorry.

wide awake
12-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I was canvassing in SC last Saturday with a Ron Paul meetup group. We did it for close to five hours and afterwards I was extremely positive about his prospects there. During that time there was only one person that I ran across that said they would not consider Ron Paul. The consensus with everybody else that I spoke with was that liked a lot of what he was saying but didn't think he could win. I always asked if winning Iowa and finishing second in NH would change their mind and again the consensus was "yes". I closed with letting them know that there was a debate on ABC and that they should watch it and then watch the results from the first two contests. Some of the others ran into people who were Ron Paul supporters but weren't comfortable with lawn signs or bumper stickers because they were afraid of what their neighbors would think.

Everything rides on Iowa and NH.

gerryb
12-15-2011, 04:47 PM
The only reason they are not concentrating on SC and FL RIGHT NOW is because there are not enough callers on Phone from Home to do so.

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

http://www.facebook.com/groups/phonefromhome/