PDA

View Full Version : Hannity/Rove just discussed the Drudge Headline poll - Paul in 2nd

RecoveringNeoCon
12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Hannity asked Rove about his thoughts regarding the Drudge headline poll, and Rove said he believes Paul and Santorum will OVERPERFORM in Iowa. He said Paul will get a bunch of college kids to vote for him, as well as democrats who want to take part in the Iowa caucus. Overperform - :rolleyes:

bluesc
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Thank you Drudge :D. People underestimate how much power he has.

rideurlightning
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
At least they are talking about it.

trey4sports
12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Hannity is such a tool.

nobody's_hero
12-13-2011, 08:17 PM
"BOOOO kids. Get those kids out of the GOP. Let's all take a big dump on the next generation! Who's with me?! Let those kids vote for Obama."

I mean seriously, GOP needs to count its blessings. These talking heads should shut up and go get some more canvas so we can expand that 'big tent'.

james1906
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
So will they invoke the mercy rule, like in Little League?

Lucille
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm watching FN just to see what they say about Ronmentum.

Hannity looked petrified. "I'm looking at the headline on drudge right now, number 2, one point behind Gingrich, is a guy named named Ron Paul. What does that mean?" LOL...

Rove said, "Well organized...Iowa's sort of an Isolationist state...a lot of college kids who are attracted to his anti-war message...dems who want to play on the R side...he will overperform."

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Hannity looked petrified. "I'm looking at the headline on drudge right now, number 2, one point behind Gingrich, is a guy named named Ron Paul. What does that mean?" LOL... Rove said, "Well organized...Iowa's sort of an Isolationist state...a lot of college kids who are attracted to his anti-war message...dems who want to play on the R side..."

trying to make it sound like Dems who vote for Ron over Patriot act or indefinite detention aren't voting because they feel best represented by him, but just to mess with the 'Republican side'. Nonsense

braane
12-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Then they will wonder why they get slaughtered in the general election if Ron isn't the nominee. The "kids" will decide the election. Unfortunately, if it isn't Paul for the Republicans... the kids will stay at home or vote Obama.

bluesc
12-13-2011, 08:24 PM

Hannity looked petrified. "I'm looking at the headline on drudge right now, number 2, one point behind Gingrich, is a guy named named Ron Paul. What does that mean?" LOL...

Rove said, "Well organized...Iowa's sort of an Isolationist state...a lot of college kids who are attracted to his anti-war message...dems who want to play on the R side...he will overperform."

I don't think the state of Iowa will take too kindly to all of this crap.

kah13176
12-13-2011, 08:24 PM

Democrats aren't even polled if they just switched. Don't they only poll registered Republicans who caucused last time? Also, college kids are vastly underpolled.

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Democrats aren't even polled if they just switched. Don't they only poll registered Republicans who caucused last time? Also, college kids are vastly underpolled.

the new polls are finally polling correctly, they are coming up to the window when their accuracy will be rated. They are polling across the board, more generally, asking if people intend to caucus in the GOP caucus, regardless of party, I should hope. Since in Iowa you can change registration right at the caucus itself.

wgadget
12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
If this is true, someone should tell Erick Erickson, who just said that if someone says they're for Ron Paul, they are dismissed. Maybe THAT explains our relatively low polling numbers.

braane

Only 4 percent Democrats, or 22 people, were polled. Out of those 22...only 7 went to Ron. I am sure that's what really closed that gap. :rolleyes:

pauliticalfan
Ha, are you kidding me. Now Iowa's an isolationist state? Geez, way to insult all the good folks living there, media.

PatriotOne
12-13-2011, 08:28 PM
He said Paul will get a bunch of college kids to vote for him..... Overperform - :rolleyes:

Too bad for us there isn't a college in every state...oh wait.....

smithtg
12-13-2011, 08:28 PM
ann coulter would look better if she didnt talk

braane
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Ha, are you kidding me. Now Iowa's an isolationist state? Geez, way to insult all the good folks living there, media.

I hope it makes them want to go out and vote for Ron even more. It could also be a fear tactic, "You are an isolationist if you are voting for Ron..." blah blah. Apparently being called an isolationist is the worst thing you can be called as a Republican?

smithtg
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
hannity "everyone in the field would be a good president except ron paul" Ann coulter calling him "not conservative" because of his foreign policy

bluesc
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
hannity "everyone in the field would be a good president except ron paul" Ann coulter calling him "not conservative" because of his foreign policy

Seriously? They are trying desperately to counter this awesome day.

pauladin
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM
and hannity said he has a problem with ron paul's "writings for ten years".

ShaneEnochs
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM

Hannity actually he wouldn't be a good president?

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
They said that tonight? Or are you just remembering scattered statements across the years?

bluesc
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM

Trying to bring back the newsletters? It's way too early for that :D. Damn, they are panicking.

pauladin
12-13-2011, 08:35 PM
isn't ron going to go on hannity again soon? i guarantee hannity is going to try and ambush paul with the newsletters if so.

LatinsforPaul
12-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Hannity slipped in Ron Paul's 10 year newsletters. :mad:

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM

I'm really hoping Hannity isn't aware Ron never wrote those. I'm sure Levin made it sound as if Ron had, but of course he didn't. And it was rebutted in the 90s and again in 2008 so this is nonsense to not mention the rebuttal each time they bring it up as if it were new.

They must find it very frustrating that it is literally all they have.

kylejack
They said that tonight? Or are you just remembering scattered statements across the years?
In a chat with Coulter tonight. Hannity said his foreign policy is terrible and he has a problem with "these writings that went on for ten years." Coulter said Gingrich and Paul are the least conservative candidates, then said for Paul it was solely because of his foreign policy whereas it was systemic with Newt.

bluesc
isn't ron going to go on hannity again soon? i guarantee hannity is going to try and ambush paul with the newsletters if so.

Tomorrow. He can't cancel either.

I think it's time for the author of the letters to come forward to nip this one in the bud.

smithtg
Seriously? They are trying desperately to counter this awesome day.

i love dvr's!

"i think romney would be a good president and but I also think gingrich, bachmann, santorum, everyone but ron paul would be a good president, i have a problem with ron paul's foreign policy and some of his writings that went on for a decade" - hannity on "hannity" on fox news channel at 9:29pm 12/13/2011

"only because of his foreign policy, ron paul is the least conservative (coulter)

vita3
Vanity is such a lightweight.

rprprs
Said tonight. :mad::mad::mad:

pauliticalfan
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
In a chat with Coulter tonight. Hannity said his foreign policy is terrible and he has a problem with "these writings that went on for ten years." Coulter said Gingrich and Paul are the least conservative candidates, then said for Paul it was solely because of his foreign policy whereas it was systemic with Newt.

So Romney's the conservative according to her!? Unbelievable.

Harbinger631
Can someone explain to me what "conservatism" has to do with an agressive worldwide foreign policy?

kylejack
So Romney's the conservative according to her!? Unbelievable.
Yep, she actually called him the most conservative candidate.

kylejack
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Hannity stated he will not endorse any candidate. O'Donnell's about to endorse.

Lucille

She also said the two most conservative candidates are Bachmann and Romney. LOL...

Also? These clowns act like GWB invented conservative foreign policy! Too bad he was right (and conservative) before he was wrong (and progressive).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc

kylejack
O'Donnell endorsed Romney. Executive experience, bla bla bla

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Can someone explain to me what "conservatism" has to do with an agressive worldwide foreign policy?

Great point, we need to expose this lie and spread it far and wide to conservatives across the nation.

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM

I think it's time for the author of the letters to come forward to nip this one in the bud.

that would just give them something fresh to feed the story on. They are being trolls, and the facts need to be stated once, the fact that this has been gone over and over has to be stated, then people just need to make up their own minds. I would not feed the trolls beyond the one inevitable press cycle. Do what Cain did NOT do and get every scrap of it out there at once and what the true situation was. And set up a website with things like the articles in his defense and the NAACP district chief radio interview when the newsletters came out before, saying he knew and had worked with Ron and he wasn't the least bit racist etc.

And move on.

kylejack
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Indeed. Ron is a pro at making the point, bringing up Nixon elected to get us out of Vietnam, etc.

tsetsefly

and we all know who that is... ehm L.... ........

As for the writings I bet if they are revealed they will probably get him more republican support, lol... who is hannity kidding...

seawolf
Mark Levin is in a full panic as well and trashed Ron Paul BIG TIME on his radio show today!!!

Now that Ron Paul is no longer a fringe candidate, especially in the Neo-cons eyes, just watch/listen to Conservative Talk Radio in the coming days.

They will trash our Champion big time and try to persuade their audience to support Newt/Romney and/or Michelle/Rick/Rick.......they dislike Huntsman and will ignore him like they did Ron Paul until now.

Get ready, it is going to be a rough ride until January 3rd!!!

Sola_Fide
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Is Hannity going to be half a man and ask Ron about the newsletters in person tomorrow?

Or is he going to be a complete pussy and get in his misinformed shots here and there for the next couple weeks?

bluesc
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
that would just give them something fresh to feed the story on. They are being trolls, and the facts need to be stated once, the fact that this has been gone over and over has to be stated, then people just need to make up their own minds. I would not feed the trolls beyond the one inevitable press cycle. Do what Cain did NOT do and get every scrap of it out there at once and what the true situation was. And set up a website with things like the articles in his defense and the NAACP district chief radio interview when the newsletters came out before, saying he knew and had worked with Ron and he wasn't the least bit racist etc.

And move on.

Unfortunately, the accusations will get 100x more coverage than the response. They need to be ready, because once someone starts pushing the newsletters (Hannity) it will force everyone else to do it too, while it is still potent.

smithtg
12-13-2011, 08:42 PM
coulter looks better than odonnel

wgadget
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I wonder if they'll make their Ron bashing so good that they can replay their shows over and over again during the holidays.

Andrew Ryan
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Is Hannity going to be half a man and ask Ron about the newsletters in person tomorrow?

Or is he going to be a complete pussy and get in his misinformed shots here and there for the next couple weeks?

Probably the latter.

The Gold Standard
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
I knew they were coming. I hope this doesn't bring us down.

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
coulter looks better than odonnel

Coulter has a body like a mantis.

Maverick
12-13-2011, 08:45 PM
"BOOOO kids. Get those kids out of the GOP. Let's all take a big dump on the next generation! Who's with me?! Let those kids vote for Obama."

I mean seriously, GOP needs to count its blessings. These talking heads should shut up and go get some more canvas so we can expand that 'big tent'.

+rep

If Hannity really believed what he pretends to believe about small government and conservatism, he'd be happy to see all the young voters coming over to his "team."

tsetsefly
12-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I knew they were coming. I hope this doesn't bring us down.

Im actually not that scared about that, it just shows panick, my actually work against them...

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 08:48 PM
+rep

If Hannity really believed what he pretends to believe about small government and conservatism, he'd be happy to see all the young voters coming over to his "team."

The "young voters" for Paul comment is propaganda designed to get the Fox News audience which has an average age of 65 to not vote for Paul.

JCF
12-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Scared or something, sure it's normal for them to go after Ron on his Foreign Policy or just ignore him outright, but it seems they've ramped up their hostility tenfold since the weekend, it's a good sign for us.

pauladin
12-13-2011, 08:51 PM
i think hannity needs a fresh snowball to put him back in his place.

TER
12-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Then they fight you...

smithtg
12-13-2011, 08:53 PM
just dropped another negative for ron paul cheny's daughter - "I like most candidates" hannity "not ron paul", cheney "thats why i said most" ahahahaha funny hannity

wgadget
12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
The "young voters" for Paul comment is propaganda designed to get the Fox News audience which has an average age of 65 to not vote for Paul.

People who are 65 and over oughta damn well know what NEWT is all about. How they could vote for him is beyond me. They should be rooting for the young people, whose futures they've helped decimate. Just my opinion.

KramerDSP
12-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I have never seen them so desperate. Ron Paul is on the verge of breaking through in the mainstream, and the establishment is scrambling.

kylejack
Old people remember balanced budgets in the 90s, and forget everything else.

Maverick

Yep, I get it. But they can't fight reality forever. The political winds are changing, and the GOP old-guard can either get on board now or get flattened by the Ron Paul train.

rprprs
just dropped another negative for ron paul cheny's daughter - "I like most candidates" hannity "not ron paul", cheney "thats why i said most" ahahahaha funny hannity
heard it. i wanted to smash the tv.

(and you don't need to tell me that I should) ;)

wgadget
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM
That's okay. They can still vote for Obama, who is Bush 2.0.

pauladin
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM
i hope we have some thick skin guys because the attacks on ron paul are going to be more vicious then anything we've ever seen in politics.

hellsingfan
12-13-2011, 08:57 PM
This shit is scary and exciting at the same time.

wgadget
LOL Nothing like RON PAUL to mend the rift of the so-called "establishment GOP" with the "conservative GOP."

kylejack
No worries, Cheney's foreign policy got even more insane than the Bush administration could stomach. He desperately wanted an attack on Iran. I wouldn't expect his daughter to agree with us.

tsetsefly
12-13-2011, 08:58 PM
heard it. i wanted to smash the tv.

hahaha, i wish I coulsd see this, Hannity is panicking! THey all are! LIke I said, they are like tha band playing on the titanic, they will go down with the neocon ship!

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I have never seen them so desperate. Ron Paul is on the verge of breaking through in the mainstream, and the establishment is scrambling.

These attacks won't cost Paul his core supporters but don't you fear that prolonged attacks of this kind will indeed drive away some voters who are still on the fence and were considering voting for Paul?

Aigik
12-13-2011, 09:04 PM
He said Paul will get a bunch of college kids to vote for him:

:rolleyes:

I love this line. As if just because we're still kids in the eyes of Hannity and his pals, our votes are not serious, or don't have as much weight as an "adult" vote. This guy's such a clown. We all know that if Romney had the youth vote on his side, we'd be hearing Hannity go on about how "revolutionary Romney is amongst the youth of this great nation", etc. But because Paul's got the youth vote, nope, just a bunch of college kids.

Maverick
i hope we have some thick skin guys because the attacks on ron paul are going to be more vicious then anything we've ever seen in politics.

I think you're right. In another thread, someone said "don't worry guys, Ron Paul was attacked hard for the last 4 years, so it can't get any worse than this!" but the pessimist in me (and the realist) says they haven't even begun to fight. In '07 Ron was polling at about 4-5% and they were already scared enough then. Now he's on the verge of 1st place and all the folks that are trying to stop us from overturning the apple cart are REALLY scrambling. The attacks are gonna come in fast and hot from both sides, and it will be relentless.

smithtg
greta talking about it now

"buts thats only iowa"

Now brit loser hume is on

implying ron will sink

smithtg
12-13-2011, 09:05 PM
brit just said "national polls may not matter" at this point

smithtg
12-13-2011, 09:06 PM
ron paul ads "taking a toll on the speaker"

YESS

Lucille
12-13-2011, 09:06 PM
:rolleyes:

I love this line. As if just because we're still kids in the eyes of Hannity and his pals, our votes are not serious, or don't have as much weight as an "adult" vote. This guy's such a clown. We all know that if Romney had the youth vote on his side, we'd be hearing Hannity go on about how "revolutionary Romney is amongst the youth of this great nation", etc. But because Paul's got the youth vote, nope, just a bunch of college kids.

IIRC, Rove whipped out a white board of some kind with a list of groups that any candidate needs to win. One of those groups was the young people, as Ron like to say.

Maverick
12-13-2011, 09:07 PM
brit just said "national polls may not matter" at this point

They don't. The average voter rolls with the waves and picks whoever has momentum cause then they get to jump on the bandwagon with the "winning team." Ron's polling in double-digits nationally right now, which is good enough*. Those numbers have nowhere to go but up if we continue to focus our efforts on the early states.

EDIT: *I just realized I said double-digit polling nationally for Ron was simply "good enough." Holy hell, I would've killed for those kinds of numbers in '07. My, how expectations have changed. :eek:

Bruno
12-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't think the state of Iowa will take too kindly to all of this crap.

This Iowan doesn't!!

JoshS
12-13-2011, 09:17 PM
They're all scared for their jobs.

Imagine post-Ron presidency media.

NaturalMystic
12-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Sean just realized that the snow will soon start falling :D

Hospitaller
12-13-2011, 09:20 PM
It has come time when they can no longer ignore us, now they fight us.

We need to be preparerd for whatever cards they will play

EBounding
12-13-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm glad now that the media has been ignoring Paul, because this is the kind of coverage he would get anyway. It's obvious now that he doesn't need them.

anaconda
12-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Overperform 2012!

No Free Beer
12-13-2011, 09:24 PM
i dont want anyone in here to jump the gun. ron hasnt won shit yet.

LibertyEsq
12-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Thursday's debate is going to be brutal. Be prepared...hopefully Bachmann Perry and Romney keep up the attacks on Gingrich. Santorum is almost guaranteed to attack...

brendan.orourke
12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Cavuto is hosting right? Could be great!

SchleckBros
12-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Video: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-hannity-confronts-ann-coulter-with-her-anti-romney-comments-from-last-year/

BLS
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM

Amen. We have a LONG, LONG, LONG ways to go.
Even if we win Iowa......things will only get exponentially harder.

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Cavuto is hosting right? Could be great!

Cavuto won't be in charge of writing the questions, you can guarantee that.

mikeforliberty
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
I think you're right. In another thread, someone said "don't worry guys, Ron Paul was attacked hard for the last 4 years, so it can't get any worse than this!" but the pessimist in me (and the realist) says they haven't even begun to fight. In '07 Ron was polling at about 4-5% and they were already scared enough then. Now he's on the verge of 1st place and all the folks that are trying to stop us from overturning the apple cart are REALLY scrambling. The attacks are gonna come in fast and hot from both sides, and it will be relentless.

Yea but luckily for us they will actually have to lie in order to discredit Ron Paul. While it is possible to disagree fairly with Ron Paul it is impossible to demonize him with any credibility.

gmc1988
12-13-2011, 11:34 PM

Very true. Ron is a bigger threat than anything the establishment has EVER faced!!!!!! I also expect Ron to be attacked for appearing on the Alex Jones show.

heavenlyboy34
12-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Hannity asked Rove about his thoughts regarding the Drudge headline poll, and Rove said he believes Paul and Santorum will OVERPERFORM in Iowa. He said Paul will get a bunch of college kids to vote for him, as well as democrats who want to take part in the Iowa caucus. Overperform - :rolleyes:
Neocon spin makes me lol sometimes. :D

Unknown.User
12-13-2011, 11:47 PM
I suspect the radio talk hosts are using Ron Paul to fight a proxy war of influence. Hannity seems to be losing to Beck.

ZanZibar
12-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Does anyone have a tube?!!?

Omnica
12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
He seems to be a master of spin and propaganda

Omnica
12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Overperform 2012!

Rp Overdelivers in 2012. Obgynecological expertise in visionary enaction

The Free Hornet
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM

COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS!

(stolen from someone else here)

parocks
12-14-2011, 12:59 AM
This shit is scary and exciting at the same time.

We're anticipating something. What are we doing to prepare?

What do we predict is going to happen?

How to deal with it?

I'm assuming the media might lie? Can we combat that with youtubes that go viral?

Maverick
12-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Yea but luckily for us they will actually have to lie in order to discredit Ron Paul. While it is possible to disagree fairly with Ron Paul it is impossible to demonize him with any credibility.

Sure, when they outright make shit up or mischaracterize events then usually it's easy to dismiss the credibility of such claims, but sometimes they still do damage, and sometimes these mis-truths can still stick for longer than you'd expect.

Remember the debate where Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul the healthcare coverage question and then asked RP "Would you let that person die?" then someone shouted "yeaaahhh!" from the audience? Ron Paul said - firmly - "No." Those are the facts of that situation. However, I still see shit posted on facebook and elsewhere that "Ron Paul said 'yeah, let 'em die.'" or something like that. Which isn't true, but it doesn't matter. Whether by willful disinformation, misunderstanding, or sheer ignorance, these types of falsehoods are created and propagate, and they can still cause damage. And they can sometimes be harder to stamp out than you might think.

I expect to see more of this sort of thing happening over the next couple of weeks. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm usually not. I hate being right sometimes. Stay vigilant and keep working hard.

mhad
12-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Lew Rockwell better have a press release ready admitting he wrote those newsletters and Ron had nothing to do with it. Would shut the media up in a nano second

WD-NY
12-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Lew Rockwell better have a press release ready admitting he wrote those newsletters and Ron had nothing to do with it. Would shut the media up in a nano second

This.

At this point, with Rand and Doug Wead guiding strategy and Ron staying on message (for the most part), I feel pretty confident they already have the writer (be it Rockwell or someone else) ready with a statement already written and ready to go whenever the MSM decides to play the 'newsletters' card.

They've had 4 years to nail down their response... and again, Rand and Doug understand and play the mediaspin/messaging game as well as anyone in Washington.

The Free Hornet
12-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Have these articles been run though softare that attempts to identify who the author is (given samples from enough people, and within some margin of error)?

hellsingfan
12-14-2011, 02:27 AM
This.

At this point, with Rand and Doug Wead guiding strategy and Ron staying on message (for the most part), I feel pretty confident they already have the writer (be it Rockwell or someone else) ready with a statement already written and ready to go whenever the MSM decides to play the 'newsletters' card.

They've had 4 years to nail down their response... and again, Rand and Doug understand and play the mediaspin/messaging game as well as anyone in Washington.

I highly doubt that they have a confession by someone and a letter by them. If they do that is amazing and really takes away the only 'non-foreign policy' issue that could be used against him... Although he still has to say that the writings went on for so long and he has to apologize for that and mention that if someone came up to me and told me these thing were being written down i would have immediately stopped the circulation and fired the writer. Unfortunately it went on for so long carrying my name. or something.

Revolution9
12-14-2011, 07:39 AM

Seriously. Until he does he is a frikkin' coward. If his political philosophy does not have such a component as personal responsibility when your work is causing others problems, it is just another bankrupt political clown blithering for payday.

So..man up Mr anarcho-ancap-libertario-austrianecon-spotlightstruttin'-ghostwriter.

Rev9

limequat
12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Disagree.
Announcing the author just gives the story legs. Remember 2008. Story came out, debunked, over. If -say- Lew would own up to them, there'd be stories about that, then stories about other lew articles and, "RP, can you formally repudiate any association with Lew Rockwell" blah, blah, blah. It would turn into a Jeremiah Wright circus and all that would come out of it is that RP = Racist.

RM918
12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Seriously. Until he does he is a frikkin' coward. If his political philosophy does not have such a component as personal responsibility when your work is causing others problems, it is just another bankrupt political clown blithering for payday.

So..man up Mr anarcho-ancap-libertario-austrianecon-spotlightstruttin'-ghostwriter.

Rev9

I've heard others floated as the writer, and they might even make more sense. They just didn't seem to be Lew's style.

Disagree.
Announcing the author just gives the story legs. Remember 2008. Story came out, debunked, over..

That's not really true. The story was over because it served its purpose - it came out the night before New Hampshire as a hedge against Ron performing an upset. There was no need to keep up with it because Ron was no longer relevant in the horse race after that.

Ricky201
12-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Disagree.
Announcing the author just gives the story legs. Remember 2008. Story came out, debunked, over. If -say- Lew would own up to them, there'd be stories about that, then stories about other lew articles and, "RP, can you formally repudiate any association with Lew Rockwell" blah, blah, blah. It would turn into a Jeremiah Wright circus and all that would come out of it is that RP = Racist.

I think you guys are neglecting that Ron was even polling double digits back then when the controversy came out 4 years ago. It will be a HUGE issue this go around.

newbitech
12-14-2011, 08:03 AM
And you wonder why people wanted to throw snowballs at the guy...

http://www.ranaldofamily.com/fun_stuff/funstuff_images/email_snowball.gif

LibertyEsq
12-14-2011, 08:09 AM
about the newsletters, can't Ron just say it was the 80's and 90's equivalent of an anonymous internet poster using his name today?

mczerone
12-14-2011, 08:10 AM

I don't think the "offensive" passages were all written by one person. If Lew wrote any of them, he would have already come out with it - he doesn't have to hide things, and is still friendly with Ron.

IMO, someone who is no longer friendly to Paul wrote at least some of them, and stays silent to keep the issue alive. And Paul is too gentlemanly to out any enemy.

mczerone
12-14-2011, 08:11 AM
about the newsletters, can't Ron just say it was the 80's and 90's equivalent of an anonymous internet poster using his name today?

Not really. It'd be more like a blogger having a guest writer post an article under the letterhead of the blog. There was some form of agency involved.

wgadget
12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Eric Dondero? Remember him?

PaulConventionWV
12-14-2011, 09:03 AM

What angers me the most is the "a guy named Ron Paul..." quip along with the isolationist meme. Again, when the hell are they going to drill it through their heads that it's not an isolationist foreign policy? Also, he acts like Ron Paul is just "some guy" who randomly started leading the Iowa caucuses. As if he's an outcast whose very existence in this race is a surprise. "A guy named Ron Paul" is just another one of their tactics they use to assure the general voting public that Ron Paul is not part of the mainstream circle of candidates and should not be taken seriously. Would they say "a guy named Newt Gingrich" or "a guy named Mitt Romney"? It's so subtle and yet so blatantly obvious that they're using that phrase in order to keep us in our little fringe box.