PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving: mini-money bomb

Nate K
11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Nothing like nov. 5 or worth even having a site about but i think that should be a significant time. or maybe not because most people will be involved with family so maybe the day after it on friday along with the sign blitz at local malls?

what do you think?

lawdida
11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
yeah, and what about a Christmas money bomb?

Nate K
11-07-2007, 06:47 PM
i like that idea too but nothing like the scale of the other major ones.

huchahucha
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
That is funny Nate. The mini-bomb is a concept I have been playing around with too. Here is what I envision:

Super spontaneous - maybe 36 hours notice max.
No minimum to play - donate what you can
Short duration - a one to three hour event
ALL MONEY counts - any amount of $ that rolls in during the alloted time is part of the bomb whether the person donating was aware of the event or not.
Objective? Aside from raking in cash the goal is to just have fun creating quantifiable spikes on all the campaign fund raising charts.

Here is an example of how it works:
On a Monday night, Sean Hannity gets on T.V. and says some really outrageous things about Ron Paul. A bunch of us get on the forums and declare a mini bomb for the following night during the broadcast of 'Hannity and Colmes'. The goal is to raise as much money in that one hour broadcast for RP, all in the name of Hannity's big mouth.

Jordan
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
We need to focus on one huge one and that one only. Its the big money bombs that get the attention. These start up, get $200K in one day dont do much for us.

honkywill
11-07-2007, 06:57 PM
We need to focus on one huge one and that one only. Its the big money bombs that get the attention. These start up, get $200K in one day dont do much for us.

I agree.

If we can maintain a respectable daily constant and then just blow it away with a 10mil dollar day it will be worth so much more.

Stealth4
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I think we should start calling the small ones "grenades"

Nate K
11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
That is funny Nate. The mini-bomb is a concept I have been playing around with too. Here is what I envision:

Super spontaneous - maybe 36 hours notice max.
No minimum to play - donate what you can
Short duration - a one to three hour event
ALL MONEY counts - any amount of $ that rolls in during the alloted time is part of the bomb whether the person donating was aware of the event or not.
Objective? Aside from raking in cash the goal is to just have fun creating quantifiable spikes on all the campaign fund raising charts.

Here is an example of how it works:
On a Monday night, Sean Hannity gets on T.V. and says some really outrageous things about Ron Paul. A bunch of us get on the forums and declare a mini bomb for the following night during the broadcast of 'Hannity and Colmes'. The goal is to raise as much money in that one hour broadcast for RP, all in the name of Hannity's big mouth.

that's a good idea but if it were that spontaneous we'd only be getting the attention of the 300-600 people on this forum and only a portion of them would donate. idk i'm definitely still with the big money bombs idea, but it'd be nice to have other interesting dates to hold us over.