PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Town Hall Live Right Now in Peterborough, New Hampshire

kylejack
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cvplive/cvpstream1

Per a Twitter report I saw, it's a packed house rivaling Romney events in New Hampshire.

kylejack
12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
One physician attendee just said: "I am a refugee from MA."

trey4sports
12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
sweet! +rep for keepin' an eye out.

kylejack
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
I notice that they're not announcing these events widely on their website or Twitter feeds. That's good! That means we get more legit locals interested in learning about Ron Paul instead of we passionate advocates.

harikaried
12-13-2011, 06:39 PM
People clapping for getting out of WTO and UN. Ron Paul talking about tariffs and sanctions leading to wars; trade with China and no wars.

harikaried
12-13-2011, 06:41 PM
First action as president: commander-in-chief sending a powerful message to the world: stop the drones, stop the bombing, bring the military home. Competing currency, balanced budget, cut 5 departments. President shouldn't write laws and executive orders unless to repeal executive orders. President can send a strong message that things are changing.

Elfshadow
watching this I hope he starts doing this in florida...... though I know we are considered a waste of money.

Nate-ForLiberty
"I do believe the President has the authority to repeal executive orders." - Ron Paul

Nate-ForLiberty
12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
the camera operator is drunk or something.

harikaried
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered nurse in child care: Q: how to reduce reliance on prescription medicine especially for children.

A: Get rid of the mandatory testing such as those leading to over-prescription of psychotropic drugs. FDA interferes with choices and only allows certain lobbied drugs from drug/insurance companies. Symbol of moving in the right direction is to allow drinking of raw milk.

mbburch
12-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow, his line about "drinking raw milk whenever you want" got huge applause. Is this a big issue in NH?

Kuthreck
12-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Love the Live Feed! Please Tube This!

harikaried
12-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Q: Difficult for people to live within their means if they aren't making money?
Q: How to make sure social security is safe if people can opt-out?

A: People will have nothing if we keep on the current pace of spending, etc. Standard of living is going down for those on fixed incomes because of inflation. This needs a strong economic system. Don't cut social security. Don't cut medical benefits. Cut $1.4 trillion of overseas spending from wars, etc.

Nate-ForLiberty
12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
he's got so much energy! jebus! :D

bluesc
12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Q: Difficult for people to live within their means if they aren't making money?
Q: How to make sure social security is safe if people can opt-out?

A: People will have nothing if we keep on the current pace of spending, etc. Standard of living is going down for those on fixed incomes because of inflation. This needs a strong economic system. Don't cut social security. Don't cut medical benefits. Cut $1.4 trillion of overseas spending from wars, etc.

Did he mention the war spending? My stream cut out after he said "let under 25 opt out" and looked like he was moving on, which wouldn't have been a great answer.

kylejack
12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Did he mention the war spending? My stream cut out after he said "let under 25 opt out" and looked like he was moving on, which wouldn't have been a great answer.
Yes.

harikaried
12-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Q: How will you get your stuff through a bitterly divided Congress?

A: Don't need compromise because we've had that for 5 decades. Compromise has gotten us more spending. Ron Paul works well with Democrats, e.g., bringing the troops home and war on drugs. He can bring people together. Freedom brings people together. Need to sell people on the idea that freedom works because otherwise the middle class will keep disappearing. People are opening now because they are starting to realize the scope of the problem.

kusok
Wow, his line about "drinking raw milk whenever you want" got huge applause. Is this a big issue in NH?

Everywhere.

I want some right nao!

bluesc
That last answer was so awesome.

KingNothing
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Thoughtful questions. Ron handled them well. I wish he would have cited his ability to reach across the aisle to work with Democrats to put together the Audit the Fed bill though.

harikaried
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Did he mention the war spending? My stream cut out after he said "let under 25 opt out" and looked like he was moving on, which wouldn't have been a great answer.Yeah, he got right to that immediately after that. "But that doesn't address the issue of how to pay for Social Security. Social security has no funds and is just IOUs that require future taxing and borrowing. What I want to do is to stop the overseas spending and take care of the people at home. That's $1.4 trillion in wars."

.. something along those lines.

bluesc
12-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Yeah, he got right to that immediately after that. "But that doesn't address the issue of how to pay for Social Security. Social security has no funds and is just IOUs that require future taxing and borrowing. What I want to do is to stop the overseas spending and take care of the people at home. That's $1.4 trillion in wars."

.. something along those lines.

Thanks for posting the transcripts! +rep

Kuthreck
12-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I drank some expired milk yesterday, please come pump my stomach.

TomtheTinker
12-13-2011, 07:55 PM
I think a president has the responsibility To repeal executive orders.

kylejack
12-13-2011, 08:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NZri6.png

nobody's_hero
12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Ron Paul forgot to mention that as president (head of the executive, enforcement branch of government) he could simply order federal agents not to enforce unconstitutional laws. The power of congress to legislate means nothing if the president restrains his own power to enforce.

Then the ball is back in Congress's court. Are you going to impeach the president for not enforcing a law? How will that go over with voters when Dr. Paul explains that the Constitution doesn't allow, say, federal regulation of agriculture? They won't impeach, and that's the only tool they have to use against the president.

jct74
12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orh7ssLVmwM

LibertyEsq
12-14-2011, 08:04 AM
// wrong thread

bluesc
12-14-2011, 08:09 AM

Haha, that was hilarious. I sure hope it wasn't filled with supporters though, and instead was at least half filled with undecideds. I'm sure the fact that they will be free to drink raw milk will convert them :p

IndianaPolitico
12-14-2011, 08:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NZri6.png
Wow, 500 for a town hall? Very nice!