PDA

View Full Version : Which of the slogans do you prefer?

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
We have another topic on this, but there are some not doing so well, and some people have suggested a couple of new slogans that seem to be somewhat popular, so I thought we should start a new poll on them.

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Weekendforliberty.com = Let Everyone Do Their Duty, And Be True To Their Country

teaparty07.com = No Taxation for Occupation

rightsrally07.com = *

* not sure

If we just want 1 slogan for the whole weekend then its gotta be "Let Everyone Do Their Duty, And Be True To Their Country"

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I actually liked the "Something's brewing in America" slogan that I just noticed in one of the background image thread. A nice turn of words with a good clean message.

beerista
11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Poll Options
Which slogan do you prefer?
The Party Has Just Begun
No Taxation for Occupation
Brewing a R[evol]ution
Let Everyone Do Their Duty, And Be True To Their Country

Just to be picky, "everyone" is singular and "their" is plural.
http://www.getitwriteonline.com/archive/121101.htm
Perhaps, "Let all do their duty and be true to their country" so their is agreement between the numbers. This is a concession that is often made nowadays because "their" carries no specific gender, but there is usually a workaround.

By the way, with the slogan "Brewing a R[evol]ution" maybe we can get Sam Adams beer to sponsor the event.

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
lol... beer....

Anyway yeah if its not grammatical then it would need to be changed obviously.

Its interesting how close 3 of these still are though. But its not like this is a definite thing anyway, just a good way to see everyone's opinions.

Flirple
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I voted "brewing a revolution" but I also really like "the party has just begun". Whichever one of these 2 doesn't make the cut (I don't like the other ones at all) would make a nice title for a Youtube promotion video or something at least.

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I voted "brewing a revolution" but I also really like "the party has just begun". Whichever one of these 2 doesn't make the cut (I don't like the other ones at all) would make a nice title for a Youtube promotion video or something at least.

Yeah I like brewing a revolution the best too, and the party has just begun is my second choice too.

I hate no taxation for occupation though. I mean first off Iraq has nothing to do with the BoR day or the BTP, and secondly I don't want taxation for anything like we have! Not just for the war.

beerista
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Several of the responses talk about a first and second choice. Is there a choice that we can make polls instant runoff voting?

Flirple
11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Several of the responses talk about a first and second choice. Is there a choice that we can make polls instant runoff voting?

Now your talking!

Brian Bailey
11-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think any of these are quite what we need.

Also, if we are going to use the word 'party' I think it needs to be in a way that is a little more overtly political. 'The Party Has Just Begun' sounds a bit too much like a frat house slogan.

jb4ronpaul
11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
somethings brewing in America

SonicInfinity
11-07-2007, 08:21 PM
How about: "Don't ride the teacups if you can handle a r[evol]ution!"

Might be a bit long, though.

itsnobody
11-07-2007, 08:22 PM
"The Party has just begun" is great to me...seems to inspire more and more people to join in and sounds great

Keith
11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I personally voted for the "No Taxaction for Occupation" because it really speakes to me, but now looking back on it that one may limit the thing to a single issue. They try to paint Ron Paul as a single issue (anti-war) candidate in all of the debates. Works pretty well since 70% of Americans are agains this war, but he is so much bigger than that.

Actually, the one that was suggested above, "Something's Brewing in America" really stands out.

FreeTraveler
11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Somewhere in all these posts I saw "Freedom's Brewing in America" and I like that better than any of these choices.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
instead of the money bomb, we can call the donations "Sums of Liberty" hehe.

Anyone else here live in Boston? We need a real gathering, maybe we can broadcast over the net to really get the passion stirring and bring in the money.

FreeTraveler
11-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Somewhere in all these posts I saw "Freedom's Brewing in America" and I like that better than any of these choices.

After some thought, I decided "Liberty's Brewing in America" is even better. :D

son of liberty
11-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Someone the ones i've seen.

No taxation through inflation.
Lets T bag 'em

Mckarnin
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
After some thought, I decided "Liberty's Brewing in America" is even better. :D

I'm the "Freedom's Brewing in America" person... :-) If you wanted to be a little catchy you could say Liber"tea" is Brewing in America...I would set the "tea" part aside with font and not quotation marks though.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 12:05 AM
I said some slogan almost exactly like that from the start and no one cared for it really, so I don't think its going to be popular really. People didn't seem to go for the LiberTea idea, or the rhyme between tea and liberty either.

But we have been through enough slogans already really I think. We have some good ones up there to choose from.

I really, really like Brewing a R[evol]ution because it promotes both the BTP fundraiser AND Ron Paul at the same time.

Flirple
11-08-2007, 12:14 AM
What is so great from a practical point of view about "Brewing a rEVOLution" is that when we use it on banners, flyers, and websites we will be able to easily work in our now iconic rEVOLution logo in the new slogan. Instead of having to find another seperate place for it on the flyer, website, banner, etc.

austin356
11-08-2007, 12:26 AM
No taxation for occupation is not the way we want to go. I know for a fact it will not play well here in my local area, at least relative to what others could achieve.

son of liberty
11-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I saw "NO TAXATION THROUGH INFLATION" and i like it.

Madison
11-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I saw "NO TAXATION THROUGH INFLATION" and i like it.

This is good. Much better than any of the 4 offered poll choices.

terlinguatx
11-08-2007, 12:35 AM

terlinguatx
11-08-2007, 12:37 AM

terlinguatx
11-08-2007, 12:40 AM

jmhelms
11-08-2007, 12:44 AM
No Taxation With Ron Paul Representation

Mckarnin
11-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I said some slogan almost exactly like that from the start and no one cared for it really, so I don't think its going to be popular really. People didn't seem to go for the LiberTea idea, or the rhyme between tea and liberty either.

But we have been through enough slogans already really I think. We have some good ones up there to choose from.

I really, really like Brewing a R[evol]ution because it promotes both the BTP fundraiser AND Ron Paul at the same time.

I think that the Brewing a R[evol]ution isea is great for the "official" grassroots campaign. We sideshows can do other things. :-)

nayjevin
11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
seems to me there's got to be something better out there...

any chance of having the T.V. party and dunking the MSM? that would be epic....

austin356
11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
"No taxation for Occupation". It's relevant to the current situation in the middle east, short, and sweet. Most importantly, it makes the historical connection to situation leading to the boston tea party and ultimately the revolution. A clever play on words too.

Would it win an primary election of the pro-occupation party in London during the year 1773?

goRPaul
11-08-2007, 01:18 AM
If this is going to be on national news, I'd like to see "The Party has Just Begun" because it establishes us as very relevant to the primaries, something that they otherwise wouldn't admit. This has the edge over the other choices, but I really liked in the other thread micahnelson's "Washington's in for a Brewed Awakening." If that was on the list, I'd vote for it, but for now, I like "The Party has Just Begun."

austin356
11-08-2007, 01:35 AM
If this is going to be on national news, I'd like to see "The Party has Just Begun" because it establishes us as very relevant to the primaries, something that they otherwise wouldn't admit. This has the edge over the other choices, but I really liked in the other thread micahnelson's "Washington's in for a Brewed Awakening." If that was on the list, I'd vote for it, but for now, I like "The Party has Just Begun."

Good point. This is what is best for the campaign, even though it is by far not the best slogan.

It seems more like a typical slogan, which is a good thing. We are already seen as revolutionaries. We need to be seen as more mainstream. On top of what you said a course.

Conza88
11-08-2007, 01:54 AM
NONE.

"No taxation without representation!" - poos all over every other suggestion. It's the origional, historical VERSION. And it remains the same today.

= No representation? - CONGRESS is not representing the people of America? 70% want out of Iraq? - And they keep funding it? Thats bullshit! Yea no taxation without representation!