PDA

View Full Version : Gannett News Corp Attending! maybe.....

mika813
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I spoke with a reporter from Gannett news (USA Today) this evening on the phone. He called because he had interviewed me at the RP table we had setup for a Obama fund raiser in Charlottesville VA at the end of October. He wanted to ask me about the 5th of November fund raising and the such. We spoke for about 10+mins.

A few minutes after I thought "oh sh_t, I should have told him about Philly," luckily our phone keeps track of the numbers that call our house, so I called him back and he was still at his desk so I asked if he had heard of the Philly Rally or was he just following the Dems and Obama? He replied that he was not, and could write any story about the '08 race and asked about the possible turn out. I told him about going to Greenville SC in July, where they hoping to get 4-500+ people to turn out and when it was all said and done they had to double the size of the room because of the 1000+ people who showed up. So, knowing the buzz about this online, and the perfect historical site, I would be shocked if it wasn't a phenomenal showing of support. He asked about the details, and said that it wasn't to much of a drive from D.C.

SO, I am asking anyone who maybe "sitting on the fence" about attending, please, please come out and bring a friend!!! This reporter seems very interested in RP, and was very polite the times I've spoken with him, he asks good questions, and doesn't seem to be leading to get a certain response. BUT please come out and maybe we can prove to another MSM person they need to get on board so they can have some credibility after RP gets elected!

RobS
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Amen!

Just wondering, "He called because he had interviewed me at the RP table we had setup for a Obama fund raiser in Charlottesville VA at the end of October."

you setup a table at a Obama fund raising event?

mika813
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Amen!

Just wondering, "He called because he had interviewed me at the RP table we had setup for a Obama fund raiser in Charlottesville VA at the end of October."

you setup a table at a Obama fund raising event?

Yes, and we got a lot of interest, we had people collecting ballot access signature for RP and we handed out slimjims and Mosaics to the people waiting online. The table, which myself and a UVa student manned, was there to hold up our banner mostly and we spoke with people.......a lot of people ....if they were RP supporters we sent them away with buttons and bumper stickers...if not, we asked what concerned them the most in the up coming election cycle and talked about that, and if we had the material that dealt with that particular issue we shared that and told them to go online to the official site, or to search for him on Youtube and the RONPAULLIBARAY.org site.

We did the same thing when Hillary came to town. We made sure to point out that the grassroots people were no where to be seen for both of those campaigns.......people do think about that...I had a guy come up to us after being on the "mall" for two months this summer and say, "ok you've been here every Friday for two months...what gives?" "Who is Ron Paul?"

My favorite point to make the people waiting online to pay BIG money to see the candidates at both events was that Dr. Paul speaks for free at his rallies and then asks for your support, in any way you can help....not just money!

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM