PDA

View Full Version : Zerohedge is AMAZING!

randomname
12-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Best site on the Internet. Such great cheerleaders for us, they just wrote up another really nice piece on Paul:

As Disenchantment With Idiocy Surges, Ron Paul Support Soars

Every legacy media and central planner's worst nightmare is slowly coming true: as the broader field of GOP candidates is rapidly dropping like US secret drones blowing up nuclear power plants in Iran, due to general idiocy, incompetence, too much baggage-ness or general reverse American Idol syndrome where Americans get tired with any given "leader" only to vote them out of the primary the following week, the one clear winner is becoming Ron Paul, who according to Public Policy Polling has seen his support soar in the past week and is now neck and neck with presidential candidate du week, Newt Gingrich. From the PPP: "There has been some major movement in the Republican Presidential race in Iowa over the last week, with what was a 9 point lead for Newt Gingrich now all the way down to a single point. Gingrich is at 22% to 21% for Paul with Mitt Romney at 16%, Michele Bachmann at 11%, Rick Perry at 9%, Rick Santorum at 8%, Jon Huntsman at 5%, and Gary Johnson at 1%."

More on this news which will be welcomed by supporters of the only person in the GOP crowd who actually deserves to be president:

Paul meanwhile has seen a big increase in his popularity from +14 (52/38) to +30 (61/31). There are a lot of parallels between Paul's strength in Iowa and Barack Obama's in 2008- he's doing well with new voters, young voters, and non-Republican voters:

-59% of likely voters participated in the 2008 Republican caucus and they support Gingrich 26-18. But among the 41% of likely voters who are 'new' for 2012 Paul leads Gingrich 25-17 with Romney at 16%. Paul is doing a good job of bringing out folks who haven't done this before.

-He's also very strong with young voters. Among likely caucus goers under 45 Paul is up 30-16 on Gingrich. With those over 45, Gingrich leads him 26-15 with Romney at 17%.

-Among Republicans Gingrich leads Paul 25-17. But with voters who identify as Democrats or independents, 21% of the electorate in a year with no action on the Democratic side, Paul leads Gingrich 34-14 with Romney at 17%.

Young voters, independents, and folks who haven't voted in caucuses before is an unusual coalition for a Republican candidate...the big question is whether these folks will really come out and vote...if they do, we could be in for a big upset.

And if Paul can sustain the surge in momentum from Iowa, he may we have a chance to take New Hampshire where Romney still has a modest lead according to Rasmussen:

Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney remains on top of the New Hampshire Republican Primary field, but the race for second place between Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul is a lot closer than it was just two weeks ago.

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Likely Republican Primary Voters shows Romney with 33% of the vote, followed by Gingrich at 22%. Paul now picks up 18% support, his best showing in the Granite State so far. Former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman comes in fourth with 10% of the vote, with no other candidate reaching double digits.

Support for Romney, Gingrich and Huntsman is little changed from the previous survey, but Paul has now closed the 10-point gap between him and Gingrich to just four points.

Luckily, there still is more than enough opportunity for the other candidates' broad stupidity to shine through, which will benefit only one of the candidates. Furthermore, should the global economy collapse and the Fed proceed with doing the only thing he knows how to do, and as a result focus the broader population's attention even more on monetary policy, there will be only one winner: the one who has made the Fed his nemesis not only during this presidential election cycle, but his entire career.

We wish him all the best.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/disenchantment-idiocy-surges-ron-paul-support-soars

ItsTime
12-13-2011, 03:20 PM
ha I love the title.

unknown
12-13-2011, 03:37 PM
KING.

eleganz
12-13-2011, 03:38 PM
love zerohedge, they have the latest and greatest in global economic news (or disaster lol).

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
zerohedge is amazing. I will grant that. I like them as well, and not only when he is talking about Ron.

Bern
12-13-2011, 03:46 PM
ZH is the Mos Eisley of the economics/investing blogosphere. I love it.

Lucille
12-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Love it. Durden's snark is delightful!

Luckily, there still is more than enough opportunity for the other candidates' broad stupidity to shine through, which will benefit only one of the candidates. Furthermore, should the global economy collapse and the Fed proceed with doing the only thing he knows how to do, and as a result focus the broader population's attention even more on monetary policy, there will be only one winner: the one who has made the Fed his nemesis not only during this presidential election cycle, but his entire career.

We wish him all the best.

For the first time, I actually WANT The Bernank to print.

hazek
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
I check ZH hourly every day :P

ronpaulfollower999
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Went to read the FOMC decision and saw that as the headline. Pretty cool.

Crotale
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Mises.org is my favourite site, but Zerohedge is definately up there.