PDA

View Full Version : Time: Did Ron Paul Just Erase Gingrich’s Lead in Iowa?

low preference guy
12-13-2011, 02:18 PM
That’s at least what it looks like in the latest survey from Public Policy Polling. The barrage of aired attacks on Newt from all sides seems to be having the desired effect, plummeting his favorability by 19 points in the last week, and Paul, certainly one of the aggressors, is picking up the pieces. Gingrich still leads with 22% of the vote and Romney has held steady in high teens, but Paul has clawed his way up within the margin of error, claiming 21% support among likely Republican caucus goers. And what remains of Gingrich’s lead appears to be soft. Just 54% of his supporters tell PPP they’re certain to vote for him, while 77% and 67% say the same of Paul and Romney respectively.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2011/12/13/did-ron-paul-just-erase-gingrichs-lead-in-iowa/#ixzz1gRpXgqqb

Aratus
12-13-2011, 02:31 PM
there was a day when the numbers came in on trey grayson that felt like this,
but now that memory is quaintly back in the dim recesses of my mind's eye,,,

randomname
12-13-2011, 02:31 PM
eat it Time, you biased POS :D

Aratus
12-13-2011, 02:35 PM
is it TYME to send SENATOR RAND in i do ask?

Badger Paul
12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Little do they know we have a big surprise waiting for Romney in New Hampshire. This isn't Mike Huckabee or Bob Dole we're talking about.

Free Staters get ready to march!

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE]PPP’s poll shouldn’t be entirely surprising–if August belonged to Bachmann, September to Perry, October to Cain and November to Newt, there’s no reason to think another candidate wouldn’t find themselves enjoying a December boomlet. We’re not quite there yet, and Tuesday’s poll could be an outlier. But Gingrich’s lead was always tenuous and it’s not surprising that the absolutely brutal ad campaigns against him have at very least slowed his ascent.
[QUOTE]

The difference of course is that Ron's support is solid. Once you go Paul...there's no one else at all.

RM918
12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Newt and every single goddamn Newt supporter is going to turn their guns DIRECTLY at us. That Gandhi quote has been so mercilessly disproven over the years, but the fighting is now truly coming. The next few weeks will be, at the very least, interesting.

ravedown
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Newt and every single goddamn Newt supporter is going to turn their guns DIRECTLY at us. That Gandhi quote has been so mercilessly disproven over the years, but the fighting is now truly coming. The next few weeks will be, at the very least, interesting.

this is what worries me about an Iowa upset by RP. if he wins...and i think he has a very good chance, it will be gloves off. you will see a coordinated blitzkrieg by the MSM aimed at Dr. Paul and his supporters. prepare for intense fear mongering and race baiting.

also-correct me if im wrong but i keep hearing from other RP supporters that the polling in Iowa is based on land line phone calls- and many young, college age RP supporters only use cell-so there is a large contingency that hasn't been accounted for at all yet. is this accurate?

RileyE104
12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
i keep hearing from other RP supporters that the polling in Iowa is based on land line phone calls- and many young, college age RP supporters only use cell-so there is a large contingency that hasn't been accounted for at all yet. is this accurate?

if that is true, it quite possibly could turn out to be a RANDSLIDE come Jan. 3rd... lol

TCE
12-13-2011, 03:29 PM
All of the front-runners have had their moment in the sun where they have magically skyrocketed in the polls. If this is Ron's version of that, he is doing it at the best possible time. Wow.

dillo
12-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Its a lot easier attacking Newt's history than Ron Pauls history

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Ron is getting elected this year. I don't care if I have to drag the people rigging voting machines into jail myself

jasonxe
12-13-2011, 11:56 PM
The difference of course is that Ron's support is solid. Once you go Paul...there's no one else at all.

Once you go Paul, You never go Wrong.

123tim
12-14-2011, 07:29 AM
it’s also a godsend to Romney’s campaign, which badly needs Paul and others to split the votes aligned against the former Massachusetts governor and slow Gingrich’s late surge.

Yes. This^^

We really need to claim that 22% position and "split" the votes so that Mitt can sweep the nation with his 17%.

speciallyblend
12-14-2011, 07:40 AM
77% certain to vote Ron Paul!!! sexy talk