PDA

View Full Version : ABC: Ron Paul's army plots more bombs

njandrewg
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/11/ron-pauls-army-.html

Ron Paul's Army Plots More Bombs
November 07, 2007 5:53 PM

ABC's Z. Byron Wolf Reports: Fresh from the success of their Gunpowder Plot themed fundraising bomb, Ron Paul supporters are doing some brainstorming.

Trolling around the Ron Paul online universe yields word of more bombs in the making. There are plenty of symbolic days and they can create fundraising bombs from here through the Iowa caucuses.

On the website http://thisnovember11th.com/ is a pitch to "patriots" to give Paul $100 on Monday, Veterans day. Paul and Illinois Democrat Sen. Barack Obama, who from a policy standpoint are alike only in their opposition to the Iraq war, lead their counterparts in contributions from people who identify themselves in fundraising documents as members of the media, according to a study conducted last quarter by the Center for Responsive Politics.

The goal is for 10,000 "patriots" to give to Paul and raise another million dollars. Of course, there would be no way to determine immediately if the people giving money were veterans or not. Although fundraising documents for Paul make for interesting reading.

It does not specifically ask for donations from the military, but the CRP study is mentioned on the site. From the people who brought you http://thisnovember5th.com, comes http://teaparty07. The plan is to bundle up the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party on December 16th and Constitution Day on December 15h for a double whammy online fundraising weekend.

Constitution Day is symbolic because Ron Paul fashions himself as a principled anti-big-government Constitutionalist. Building on that theme, the Boston Tea Party works because as the colonists threw their tea in Boston Harbor to protest the taxes on it, Paul supporters would be throwing their money, which they say is devalued by inflation, which is caused by the government printing more money. And on from there.

hopeforamerica
11-07-2007, 05:54 PM
They are reading the forums! Everyone behave ;)

Akus
11-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I really wish people woud not have used "the money bomb" terminology. Now it's stuck and Ron Paul supporters bomb plotters. :(

Richandler
Haha, Free advertisement!

Mr. White
"Constitution Day is symbolic because Ron Paul fashions himself as a principled anti-big-government Constitutionalist."

Now there's a title, forget "Libertarian"

Ron Paul Fan
What a great headline! Thanks ABC!

chiefsmurph
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Wow. ABC covering this already. That is some great work.

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 05:57 PM

JenHarris
we're famous!!!

aspiringconstitutionalist
I really wish people woud not have used "the money bomb" terminology. Now it's stuck and Ron Paul supporters bomb plotters. :(

That's going to be hardly important in the long run when Ron Paul rakes in $15 million for Q4. That's right. You heard it. $15 mill.

Sematary
11-07-2007, 05:58 PM
that's awesome. This should really help all these events.

RPatTheBeach

I personally like the term. It has just enough 'flair' to grab peoples attention and say "wth is that? a money bomb?"

john_anderson_ii

I don't know about you, but if someone threatened me with a "money bomb" I'd look forward to it.

Sematary
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM

please stop. The negativity is killing me.

Kap
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
please stop. The negativity is killing me.

I love the term "Ron Paul's Army".

Paulitician
11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow, what a title :)

terlinguatx

Johnnybags
on the 17th, "oops he did it again".

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Paul and Illinois Democrat Sen. Barack Obama, who from a policy standpoint are alike only in their opposition to the Iraq war, lead their counterparts in contributions from people who identify themselves in fundraising documents as members of the media, according to a study conducted last quarter by the Center for Responsive Politics.

Don't they mean military? What a hilarious slip of the fingers this one is! That has to be the funniest thing I have seen all day. Well, if the media itself insists it is true, who are we to argue?

Zydeco
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
That's going to be hardly important in the long run when Ron Paul rakes in $15 million for Q4. That's right. You heard it. $15 mill.

Try 25 or 30. I ain't kiddin'.

Paulitician
11-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Try 25 or 30. I ain't kiddin'.
Dreaming more like :cool:

american.swan
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
we're famous!!!

From now on it is more then clear that when the news media's gophers and editors are looking for news about Ron Paul they are heading to this forum.

Let's see what can I post to attract attention to my handle.....just kidding!!

Natalie
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
It's good to get coverage, please don't email bomb this guy, make youtube vidoes about him, or send him flowers for that matter. we're mainstream now.

I agree :)

free.alive
11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Because that's what has already gotten resonance with the media. Now we have to play their game a little, since they're looking.

I agree, they're on these forums and I repeat once more, we need to show our best, for them and for our new people.

And by the way, ABC (if you're reading this), Dec 15 is Bill of Rights Day. Constitution Day was Sept 17, I think.

Thanks for the press...

fletcher
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
They seriously don't remember that Constitution Day was September 17th? Comeon, it was less than 2 months ago! It's amazing how often the media spreads misinformation.

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
hey using the word bomb is ok,since it will make many read the article,thats the point,now throw money bomb into the mix and basically everyone gets it,they just wish they had personal money bombs coming to them:)
WHO wouldnt like their own money bomb ???:)

specsaregood
11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Dreaming more like :cool:

I don't know. If 10% of the readers/clients of those financial guys that have recently endorsed Ron Paul max out....it is possible. But I would be skeptical also.

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 06:20 PM

It goes with the V for Vendetta thing, but the media isn't misrepresenting us as we had feared, they assure there viewers its peaceful protest.... blowing up parliment with our money donations to Dr. Paul. Our MONEY BOMBS. With each one we get closer to reclaiming our country and constitution.

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Symbols are important.

JoshLowry
11-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I love the term "Ron Paul's Army".

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=349&postcount=2

davidkachel
11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Why only $15 million?

We've already proven we can do much better than that and by the end of the quarter there will be twice as many of us as there are now.

Besides, dollars are now worthless! Why not dump them all?

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 06:25 PM
RON PAULS ARMY

I'm a Ron Paul Republican:)

sunghoko
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
The goal is for 10,000 "patriots" to give to Paul and raise another million dollars. Of course, there would be no way to determine immediately if the people giving money were veterans or not.

The website doesn't say it's exclusive to vets so why even put this in the article. It would be really cool though if a veteran could identify themselves on the site, just to have a total for that day.

purplechoe
11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
The website doesn't say it's exclusive to vets so why even put this in the article. It would be really cool though if a veteran could identify themselves on the site, just to have a total for that day.

Yup, it would be very cool if the veterans would comprise most of the donations for that day. It would not be as huge a money bomb as the 5th, but would be an even bigger story because it would come from the people who served in the military. Imagine the headlines!

Wyurm
11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
I want a shirt with "Ron Paul's Army" on the front and that pic of the guy throwing flowers on the back.

Thank you ABC for the wonderful article :)

ladyliberty
11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I like the whole "Money Bomb" analogy myself - I even said "BOMBS AWAY" when I sent my hundred dollars on Monday...

Maybe instead of those Homeland Security Terror Alerts, we should issue Homeland Insecurity Freedom Alerts! :D

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 07:41 PM

:rolleyes:

who cares. Its eye grabbing, and its not a real bomb plot. It's perfect.

I think this article gives credence to the idea theat there is something catchy about Dec 16, and a tea party.

Cindy
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Trolling around the Ron Paul on-line universe yeilds more bombs in the making.

I love this line. You could just feel that the media has been snooping around the RP sites. Now we know they are. I wonder who and how many snoop around here.

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 08:01 PM
>hehe well im just an undercover hippie snowboarder;) shhhhh dont tell anyone;)

tarsus
11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
We should turn it around and say our bombs are funded by volunteer donations, your bombs are funded by robbing the country or something.

purplechoe
11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I want a shirt with "Ron Paul's Army" on the front and that pic of the guy throwing flowers on the back.

Thank you ABC for the wonderful article :)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/ronpaulrev.jpg

:)

richard1984
11-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I would say that the media would back themselves into a corner if they tried to attack us over the "money bomb" phrase (seeing as how they often support dropping real bombs on innocent people--especially FOX News, but most all of them at some point). :rolleyes:

american.swan
11-07-2007, 08:35 PM
RON PAULS ARMY

I'm a Ron Paul Republican:)

Iraq HAD the republican guard...so we are RON PAUL'S FEDERALIST GUARD endowed with the responsibility to spread freedom's message by first ensuring civil liberties at home here in the 'once' great USA and then second with the responsibility to hold our elected official's noses to the proverbial grind stone to ensure our civil liberties don't vanish into thin air. :)

FreeTraveler
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Iraq HAD the republican guard...so we are RON PAUL'S FEDERALIST GUARD endowed with the responsibility to spread freedom's message by first ensuring civil liberties at home here in the 'once' great USA and then second with the responsibility to hold our elected official's noses to the proverbial grind stone to ensure our civil liberties don't vanish into thin air. :)

Federalist Guard... boy, do I like the sound of that.

wgadget
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM

We TOLD them he wasn't anti-war....
:D

kimosabi
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Nice coverage. Wish he would've said money-bomb in the title instead of just bomb.

How about we change Bomb to Romb...

Could mean:

Ron Paul Bomb

-or-

R3volution Bomb

specsaregood
11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
All this talk of "bombs" must be driving the NSA snoops/computers busy eavesdropping crazy...

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
All this talk of "bombs" must be driving the NSA snoops/computers busy eavesdropping crazy...

I just saw the matrix bend.

kimosabi
11-07-2007, 10:34 PM
bomb http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gif http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fbrowse%2 Fbomb) (bŏm) Pronunciation Key (http://cache.lexico.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html)
n.

An explosive weapon detonated by impact, proximity to an object, a timing mechanism, or other means. An atomic or nuclear bomb. Used with the. A container capable of withstanding high internal pressure. A vessel for storing compressed gas. A portable, manually operated container that ejects a spray, foam, or gas under pressure. A large amount of money.
A great success.Any of various weapons detonated to release destructive material, such as smoke or gas. Football A long forward pass.

A container capable of withstanding high internal pressure. A vessel for storing compressed gas. A portable, manually operated container that ejects a spray, foam, or gas under pressure. A large amount of money.
A great success.Slang A dismal failure; a fiasco. Slang An old car. Slang One that is excellent or superior. Used with the. Chiefly British Slang

A large amount of money.
A great success.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bomb

inibo
11-07-2007, 11:12 PM
From now on it is more then clear that when the news media's gophers and editors are looking for news about Ron Paul they are heading to this forum.

Yep, and I just updated my signature to match. :D

ValidusCustodiae
11-07-2007, 11:18 PM

hahaha.. no doubt...

RON PAUL IS THE BOMB!!!!

*grins**

Malakai0
11-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Despite the title, great article.

They drew the parallels between history and now without distorting it all to hell.