PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead Chat 12:30 EST

truthdivides
12-13-2011, 11:01 AM
https://www.facebook.com/DougWeadOfficial

In 30 mins Doug Wead will be on.

I'll be LIVE here on my FanPage wall in 1 hour to discuss "What can I do to help get #RonPaul elected? Join me.

ShaneEnochs
12-13-2011, 11:07 AM
I think we should definitely bring up the super brochure and ask what harm it has done.

robertwerden
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
how do you chat with him?

CableNewsJunkie
12-13-2011, 11:20 AM
See if the campaign would be able to convert the Phone-From-Home program into a fundraising program (complete with a new script) for JUST THE DAY OF DECEMBER 16TH - and we could call known supporters / donors on Ron's nationwide contact list.

trey4sports
12-13-2011, 11:21 AM
I think we should definitely bring up the super brochure and ask what harm it has done.

he can't comment on anything non campaign related.

Crotale
12-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Ask about this idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?336915-Forget-everything-else..-This-is-how-to-REALLY-make-this-the-biggest-moneybomb-ever.

Crotale
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Ask about this idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?336915-Forget-everything-else..-This-is-how-to-REALLY-make-this-the-biggest-moneybomb-ever.

Did it myself, and Doug's just responded: http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul?sk=app_190322544333196#!/DougWeadOfficial/posts/291395334235285?notif_t=share_comment (NOTE: Please don't sent any friend requests to me on Facebook, I only accept people I know in real life sorry. But please do follow me on twitter: @Samuel_E_Amer and then message me so I can follow you back)

Sam AmerDoug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian

This idea has been suggested many times to the campaign. We need to set up a donation tab like other candidates have. We need to fully harness the potential of social media. It's such powerful tool.

We need a:

1) A "donate" tab (page) on Ron's official facebook page. This page could (and should) be the first page that people see when they visit Ron's facebook on the day of the moneybomb. Most other candidates have this implemented on their facebook pages. I'm not sure why we've dropped the ball here.

2) Allow donors to post a story to their Facebook newsfeed after they donate, ie. "John Smith just donated to the Tea Party Moneybomb for the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign! What have YOU done for liberty today? Donate Here!"

Forget everything else.. This is how to REALLY make this the biggest moneybomb ever. www.ronpaulforums.com
Social fundraising. Our campaign has done ZERO on this front. Herman Cain used this strategy just a few weeks ago, and raised over $1 million in 3 days in an online moneybomb. If Herman Cain can utilize social fundraising and have a successful moneybomb, Imagine how we could benefit. I've buil.....

Like · · Share · 9 minutes ago · .

Jennifer Nie likes this..

Sam Amer And please ensure the "Ron Paul 2012" and "Ron Paul" pages post regularly about the moneybomb's progress on the 16th. That way the moneybomb shows up in the news feeds of hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters.
8 minutes ago · Like.

Sam Amer And regularly tweet updates about it on the @RonPaul twitter account :) This way social media can boost the moneybomb MASSIVELY, which means more money for the campaign to win the nomination. :D
6 minutes ago · Like · 1.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Sam, yes, yes, yes... you are so right.
5 seconds ago · Unlike · 1.

----------------

http://www.facebook.com/DougWeadOfficial#!/ronpaul?sk=app_190322544333196

thehighwaymanq
12-13-2011, 11:51 AM
He responded to my comment:

The campaign needs to send out another email urging supporters to join the Phone-From-Home Program in the last few weeks leading up to Iowa and NH.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian This is a good idea. I will get this to the top. Thanks.

anewvoice
12-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Ask about this idea:

+1

samsung1
12-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Can someone ask Dougif he believes Ron Paul is polling at 10% in Iowa like the latest polls are saying?

Crotale
12-13-2011, 12:07 PM
+1

I've asked it and he agreed with the idea. :D

Crotale
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Just asked about this:

Sam Amer
How about a campaign video about Ron Paul's second amendment street cred? There's a lot of solid Republican support for anti-gun control candidates and it's the area where Ron Paul excels while his opponents (especially Newt Gingrich) are weak.

Even if it's just a youtube ad (like the "Serial Hypocrisy") one, the grassroots could make it go viral and we could post it on pro-gun sites and target NRA and Gun Owners of America people. I reckon this is an issue where we could pick up a load of votes.

Like · · 11 minutes ago ·

Maxime Villeneuve He should have the 2nd Amendment under his "issues" tab as well on the website
8 minutes ago · Unlike · 1.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good thinking. I will pass it on

djruden
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Can someone ask Dougif he believes Ron Paul is polling at 10% in Iowa like the latest polls are saying?

That poll was only of REPUBLICANS and a small amount of approximately 250 i think - if you are speaking of the UofI poll released yesterday. It's not a very good sampling

trey4sports
12-13-2011, 12:10 PM
That poll was only of REPUBLICANS and a small amount of approximately 250 i think - if you are speaking of the UofI poll released yesterday. It's not a very good sampling

To be honest, i really don't give either of those polls any cred.

cdc482
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Also, suggest to Doug that the campaign informs hard voters to bring their closest friends/family with them to the caucus if possible.
EDIT: No facebook

IterTemporis
12-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian
As we approach Christmas... we have a lot to be thankful for. Ron Paul has never been this close to victory. We are really, really close. It all comes down to the money bomb.

InTradePro
12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Don't waste his time on that! A poll from mid-late Novemeber which includes Cain is only media disinformation.

KingNothing
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
This is great. His comment to something I wrote about preparing for overwhelming success:

"Again, you are so insightful. This has been the topic of a number of memos recently. And you are right that many people are prepared to fail and to lose but are not prepared to win. Just today, I urged the campaign to be set up with cell phone text messaging so we can reach you all quickly in the post Iowa storm."

KingNothing
12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Also, he mentioned that he expects to raise $1-2M this Friday. Good to know. I think we should be able to hit that.

IterTemporis
12-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Also, he mentioned that he expects to raise $1-2M this Friday. Good to know. I think we should be able to hit that.

I did not see this.. Where did you see it?

trey4sports
12-13-2011, 12:52 PM

i forget the exact post but i saw that as well. Something along the lines of... needing at least a million and he said some expect to get 2 million.

Aratus
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM
he did. he also thought ron could win this. if you are on FB you can go to the wall. the postings were coming quickly up.

Esoteric
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Damn, i missed this. That's great that he understands the importance of social fundraising, but I'm hesitant to think that he's going to be able to do something about it. Hey, it was worth the try.. I guess we can just cross our fingers, since the other idea was suppressed for personal reasons.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?337258-The-Plan-Con-t

KingNothing
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM

Might have been the first question I asked. I can't remember.

Aratus
12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Damn, i missed this. That's great that he understands the importance of social fundraising, but I'm hesitant to think that he's going to be able to do something about it. Hey, it was worth the try.. I guess we can just cross our fingers, since the other idea was suppressed for personal reasons.

you could go there, find one of the facebook threads, and lay out the gist of your idea.

at one point someone was discussing how facebook can be utilized. with money transfering,

your idea does need good firewalls. its a hyperbola of people exploding into each other's space.

Crotale
12-13-2011, 05:44 PM

Why did a moderator close that thread and the initial thread? I can't see what's wrong with them. :confused:

Xenophage
12-13-2011, 05:50 PM
i forget the exact post but i saw that as well. Something along the lines of... needing at least a million and he said some expect to get 2 million.

I bet we can explode that.

Aratus
12-14-2011, 06:00 AM
^this^

bluesc
12-14-2011, 06:06 AM
This is great. His comment to something I wrote about preparing for overwhelming success:

"Again, you are so insightful. This has been the topic of a number of memos recently. And you are right that many people are prepared to fail and to lose but are not prepared to win. Just today, I urged the campaign to be set up with cell phone text messaging so we can reach you all quickly in the post Iowa storm."

Was he talking about people inside the campaign preparing to fail? That would explain the discouraging language. Great to know :rolleyes:

trey4sports
12-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Was he talking about people inside the campaign preparing to fail? That would explain the discouraging language. Great to know :rolleyes:

no that's not what he was referring to. In context, the quote was talking about grassroots supporters.

bluesc
12-14-2011, 06:14 AM
no that's not what he was referring to. In context, the quote was talking about grassroots supporters.

Well they need to man up. As we go into the final stretch, cautious optimism is mandatory.

IterTemporis
12-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Well they need to man up. As we go into the final stretch, cautious optimism is mandatory.

What I took from it was that us, RP's supporters, are mentally prepared if we do fail because we have seen it happen before. However, we have not had a victory like this before, and as a result it would be utopia for many of us. I am certain that when it happens, many of his supporters, will not know what to do with themselves, especially those from 2008, because they saw RP fail. Because RP did not do too well, it sucked out a lot of their enthusiasm due to their disappointment, therefore they are now being cautious because they do not want to experience the feelings of failure and disappointment again.

I prefer to hope for the best, and expect the worst.

Aratus
12-14-2011, 06:38 AM
i think he has heard about the PPP poll that has ron and newt inside such a tight margin of error. earlier i
was looking to see if somebody had placed the PPP poll results up on his wall! yesterday's chat was great.

Aratus
12-14-2011, 06:40 AM
we are building on everything done in 2007 and 2008 let alone everything since then.
its sorta frightening to be now going to where we hoped we'd be then. this all is new.