PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else heard this?

Kandilynn
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
"I don't care about who I vote for, but since you care so much, I'll use my vote for Ron Paul."
My husband has had four people tell him that they are going to vote for Ron Paul just because he likes him so much. Then one of them came back and told him that his wife was going to vote for him, too.

hopeforamerica
11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow, that's scary. At least your husband has them going in the right direction.

Johnnybags
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I am telling people who to vote for, they simply do not care but will take advice of someone they trust. There are millions like these.

aknappjr
11-07-2007, 05:49 PM
It doesn't matter WHY they vote for Paul. Finish your sentence with, "so can I count on your vote for Dr. Paul?". People generally live up to their commitments.

Brian Bailey
Opinion-shapers for the win.

This is one of the reasons that we are going to prevail. Paul supporters are the type of people that other folks look up to.

schmeisser
You'd be surprised how many people will vote for your candidate as a favor to you. Sad that the process is so taken for granted, but I'll take any vote I can get. Make sure to follow through on election day and get these folks to the polls!

john_anderson_ii
11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I get that all the time from my friends who aren't real politco types. Some people just don't care because they have other interests. It usually goes something like this.

Me: Are you are a registered republican and are you going to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries?
Them: No, not really I just got this new CAI for my Avenger and I....
Me: Let's go to accessarizona.com and get you registered *click*.
Them: Wow, that was fast, so anyway, my new CAI is....
Me: I'm going to pick you up and take you to your polling place.
Them: Sure I'll go man, anyway so my Avenger right.....
Me: Oh, and I'll call you later and tell you when and how to donate to his campaign.
Them: Christ, will you just look at the car already!
Me: Sure.

Dorfsmith
11-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I am telling people who to vote for, they simply do not care but will take advice of someone they trust. There are millions like these.

The other day a guy told me that he works in construction and the guys he works with have no interest in politics but they respect him. So he asked them if they would vote for Ron Paul if he brought them some registration forms. They all agreed. He got 3 or 4 people registered and he said he will drive them to the polls if he has to.

beerista
11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Dang, what kind of hypnosis mojo are you people working out there?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-07-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah I have had a few of my friends on that train but most love him after I show them my website videos so they vote for him on their own.

Taco John
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I"ve convinced my entire poker circle that Ron Paul is the only person worth voting for. None of them pay much attention, but they've got this line programmed into them, so when it comes up in their daily life, they parrot it with the line, "you should look him up."

Austin
11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I've got a couple of people that are going to do this. In reality, there are probably more. For instance, some of the people that I think I have "converted" were probably just sick of my talking, but will genuinely vote for Paul as a favor.

By the way, Conversion Count = 6

dircha
11-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Very, very few people will sit down and takes the hours needed to rationally evaluate the credibility, record, and policy positions of every major candidate.

For example, if you have watched several debates this year, based on viewership numbers you rank among about 1% of Americans.

We really are an extraordinarily uninformed and apathetic society.

Corydoras
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I got one "I trust you, if you say he's good, I'm voting for him."
But then he read the website anyway and liked what he saw.