PDA

View Full Version : Every person counts

LarryWhite
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I was reminded of what a wild ride this campaign is this past week. Last weekend, I held a normal monthly meeting at a local library, had a total of 7 people (counting me) show up. Out of those, we did get 5 state delegates. 1 is underage, and 1 who is registered democrat, and the deadline to change for running as a delegate has passed. He will change anyway so he can vote on the delegates. We went thru the process and I walked everyone thru filling out the forms.

Here's why every person counts. That registered democrat hadn't heard of Ron Paul before Leno. He saw Leno, heard about our group, and came to the meeting. Then he hands me a nice donation to the group, and has me order a 4x8 banner to hang on the side of his bar, which faces one of the busiest roads in this area. (I'll have pictures later once it's done). We tell him about the Nov 5th drive, give him a shirt, slim jims, bumper stickers,and some signs, and we're all on our way.

That was last weekend. Today, I call him up to confirm some details on the banner and that I was ordering it today, he tells me he needs more bumper stickers. Says he spent Monday at his bar passing his phone around getting people to donate, offering bumper stickers for a donation. He ran out of bumper stickers and owed a few around to his patrons.

I went over after work with more supplies. While I was there, one fellow was telling everyone about Ron Paul, about how this country needed him. I sat down and talked to him for a minute. He tells me the only thing he disagrees with Ron Paul on is foreign policy, but he can overlook that because of the rest of his record.

All of this from a 7 person meeting in a library. Every person counts.

Nate K
11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
good job keep it up, where's this at?

DeadheadForPaul
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Nice! You're right, every person does count because 1 person = more supporters. Think about how many people every forum member has personally converted. Now think about how many those converted people converted!

LarryWhite
11-07-2007, 06:12 PM
The bar is Tomahawk's in St Albans, WV.

jacmicwag
11-07-2007, 06:17 PM
How true - I've noticed the same thing with some of my "recruits" but no results quite as great as yours. I think we sometimes forget the power of our own immediate contacts with family, friends, and co-workers.

bbachtung
11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Thank you so much (and thank him for us).

West Virginians, please support Tomahawk's in St. Alban's.

The only people who like to talk more than politicians and lawyers are bar / restaurant owners, and they're the folks who are most bothered by excessive government regulations and the IRS (payroll tax withholding, Social Security and Medicare withholding, and all of the expense and paperwork that goes along with it).

newmedia4ron
11-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Inch by Inch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs)