PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Merking Newt; Defends Ron Paul 12/13/11

No Free Beer
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Even though I believe Glenn Beck is pretty much irrelevant, a caller (evangelical) called in asking how Beck could support Paul over Gingrich. They got into a heated discussion and Glenn Beck basically said the following

Here is the audio (special thanks to JCT74):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RNlNFtC0slQ

(paraphrasing)
"You seem to be worried about foreign policy, where I disagree with Ron Paul on 100%. But what good is it to worry about what goes on overseas if we become slaves here at home?"

The lady had no answer other than saying we need to worry for Israel.

Glenn Beck shut her up by saying Newt is a Progressive and a Fascist. Glenn Beck said Ron Paul would give us freedom and liberty, even if that means not worrying as much about foreign affairs.

I will say that the lady's answer did scare the crap out of me tho. She said "all I have is my bible and you, Glenn."

But, this one time...GO BECK! *catching_on*

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Ladies like that one vote. And Glenn Beck has a following, without question, so that is great that he said that. I agree with him as well, on that point. Not on Ron's foreign policy, however.

No Free Beer
12-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah, but he seems to be catching on. I also agree that what good is defending Israel (in their case) if you have slavery back home? Brilliant point by Mr. Beck

No Free Beer
12-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Ladies like that one vote. And Glenn Beck has a following, without question, so that is great that he said that. I agree with him as well, on that point. Not on Ron's foreign policy, however.

are one vote or won't vote?

Carole
12-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Yes, I just heard him go on and on about Ron Paul and Gingrich. While he does understand the choice between Freedom and Communism, he made the case that if Gingrich were the nominee, he would vote third party for Paul. Beck is scared to death of progressivism (actually, regressivism).

They are assuming Paul would run third party rather than support him now to win the Republican nomination. Silly really.

And they are "scared" of a coming WWIII and think Paul would be a disaster in that case. What idiots they are. And shills.

If they had a clue, they would encourage people to vote for Paul and make him the candidate, of course.

airborne373
12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Too bad she doesn't actually read the Bible she has.

Jovan Galtic
12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
"all I have is my bible and you, Glenn."

http://withfriendship.com/images/g/30471/Misery-film-image.jpg

Eric21ND
12-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Voters like that scare me.

SilentBull
12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Of course, Glenn still misrepresented Ron's view on Israel and claimed it would be a disaster for the middle east for Ron to become president. But I guess it's something.

No Free Beer
http://withfriendship.com/images/g/30471/Misery-film-image.jpg

Pretty creepy...

Sola_Fide
Why would an "evangelical" have nothing but "the bible and Glenn Beck" (who is a Mormon)?

Someone square this up for me here...

Cowlesy
Well lady, worry all you want for Israel, but if we sink, they will most certainly be on their own. The only candidate who has a snowball's chance of not letting this country sink, is Ron Paul.

12-13-2011, 08:59 AM
I said that the talking heads would start to come around a few months ago and people laughed at me. It's starting to happen.

tremendoustie
12-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Why would an "evangelical" have nothing but "the bible and Glenn Beck" (who is a Mormon)?

Someone square this up for me here...

It's sad, to be honest, how religiously some people follow the republican talking heads.

Krugerrand
12-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I wonder if that lady has every worried enough for Israel that she wrote out a check to them?

kylejack
12-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Are pundits finally starting to understand that we can't afford this aggressive foreign policy, no matter how much some of us might want it?

KingNothing
12-13-2011, 09:12 AM
I said that the talking heads would start to come around a few months ago and people laughed at me. It's starting to happen.

I was right there with you, but I didn't think it would happen until we won or placed in Iowa.

12-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Are pundits finally starting to understand that we can't afford this aggressive foreign policy, no matter how much some of us might want it?

They or more precisely their listeners hate Obama and want to win the white house. Newt can't do it.

ZanZibar
12-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Can anyone get a recording of this!?

iamse7en
12-13-2011, 09:29 AM
We must print money to "protect" Israel. It is our religion.

sailingaway
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I wonder if that lady has every worried enough for Israel that she wrote out a check to them?

She very well might have. These people are sincere.

Krugerrand
12-13-2011, 09:36 AM
She very well might have. These people are sincere.

Okay, would she be willing to put her own gun to my head to get me to write out a check to Israel?

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Even though I believe Glenn Beck is pretty much irrelevant, a caller (evangelical) called in asking how Beck could support Paul over Gingrich. They got into a heated discussion and Glenn Beck basically said the following

(paraphrasing)
"You seem to be worried about foreign policy, where I disagree with Ron Paul on 100%. But what good is it to worry about what goes on overseas if we become slaves here at home?"

The lady had no answer other than saying we need to worry for Israel.

Glenn Beck shut her up by saying Newt is a Progressive and a Fascist. Glenn Beck said Ron Paul would give us freedom and liberty, even if that means not worrying as much about foreign affairs.

I will say that the lady's answer did scare the crap out of me tho. She said "all I have is my bible and you, Glenn."

But, this one time...GO BECK! *catching_on*

Hmmmm.....could it be that the "we're too broke to be an empire" message is catching on?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=351761

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Can anyone get a recording of this!?

We really need to start systematically recording all major transmissions (Beck, Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, O'Reilly) and saving anything that's helpful.

Ireland4Liberty
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
I cant believe people like that still exist. There is no "normal" people like that here (ireland = catholic) who talk so religiously. Creepy as hell.

brendan.orourke
12-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I still can't figure out whether Ron's handling of all the third-party questions has been strategically effective so far. In answering, I believe he's being totally honest, because he is an honest man.

For now, it seems to be playing to our advantage, but I can really see it coming back to hurt the campaign...slow and steady Ron!

coffeewithchess
12-13-2011, 10:28 AM

It seems most Republicans HATE foreign welfare, unless it's to Israel. I'm saving this exact question/example, for a piece on Israel for my Facebook page...because it is one area RP struggles in with the uninformed-evangelicals.

Also though, this is ONE area I have debated in my head, to help put this issue away for RP.
RP supporters have done canned food drives (or are now), and other charitable acts. I'm wondering if there would be some charitable act/organization that RP supporters could do/join to show that more can be accomplished through charity than through government; including support for Israel.

jct74
12-13-2011, 11:21 AM
put this video in OP please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNlNFtC0slQ

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 11:38 AM

Thanks! You guys are awesome for the quick tubes. Man that ladies voice is creepy! It's all breathy. A cross between Michele Bachmann and Marilyn Monroe.

skyorbit
12-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Let's make sure we win Iowa. Then Paul's the Anti-Romney. But the campaign needs money for it.

RonPaulCult
12-13-2011, 11:47 AM

This was beautiful! Amazing, Amazing!!!!

Vastroc
12-13-2011, 11:50 AM
The best way I have found to convince people who are Isreal firsters is to simply inform them that Ron is the strictest Constitutionalist ever. The declaration of war is the job of Congress according to the Constitution.

Congress declares war on Iran and Ron would unleash the full force of the America on it.....win it...and get home.

A bankrupt America will be similar to the collapse of the Soviet Union, unable to protect anyone. So if they are serious about protecting Isreal, Ron Paul is thier only real choice.

Works pretty well...try it.

RIPLEYMOM
12-13-2011, 11:55 AM
If there was ever a time to reach-out to Glenn's audience, it's now. Here's the page/story Drudge linked to:

http://www.therightscoop.com/glenn-beck-id-consider-ron-paul-as-third-party-over-newt-gingrich/

RonPaulCult
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
If there was ever a time to reach-out to Glenn's audience, it's now. Here's the page/story Drudge linked to:

http://www.therightscoop.com/glenn-beck-id-consider-ron-paul-as-third-party-over-newt-gingrich/

That was on drudge all day yesterday and it's still on there right now. Don't annoy him with a link that's already on his site please.

No Free Beer
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
*catchin_on*

Kuthreck
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Do not underestimate Beck's influence, he is still a powerhouse.

muh_roads
12-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Why can't any of these Israel firsters understand that the United States dictates policy to Israel as a condition of foreign aid?

How can the message get out there that Paul is the one who makes the most sense for Israel's security?

Why are people so stupid to think someone who might have one nuke is even going to bother trying to nuke someone else who has 300+?

The propaganda and retardation runs so deep it is utterly amazing.

TheTexan
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
He makes a very good point.

Our government is at WAR with the Constitution and they are WINNING.

If we let them take our Constitution, we lose everything. This is our last chance to save the Constitution... which is more important - war with Iran, or our Constitution?

Seth
12-13-2011, 12:23 PM
It amazes me the fear that people live in. "If Iran gets the bomb we are all dead!!!!!" Never mind the fact that our military is still a light-year ahead of theirs.

RIPLEYMOM
12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Taking advantage of this - now is the time to politely convey the 'No one but Paul' message, directly or indirectly. They have got to know where we stand. They have got to know how serious we are.

RIPLEYMOM
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
That was on drudge all day yesterday and it's still on there right now. Don't annoy him with a link that's already on his site please.

Don't annoy who?

LeJimster
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Too bad she doesn't actually read the Bible she has.

Exactly. People like her are a disgrace to themselves and those around them.

mpdsapuser
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Everyone loves Israel. But for goodness sake...even their leader Netanyahu ASKED the USA to not get in their business. There's a YouTube video where he addressed our Congress and how it compares to Paul's take on foreign policy. Very closely aligned. It's very arrogant of neocons that we know how to protect Israel more than she does.

RonPaulCult
12-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Don't annoy who?

The hand that feeds us, Drudge. This story has been up already on his page for 24 hours. It doesn't help to send him links that he has already been using, it shows you don't read his page. No offense meant - I appreciate that you sending him links. Just please check to see if he is already using the link first.

nobody's_hero
12-13-2011, 12:35 PM
He brings up some good points.

We are NOT going to win over every republican who disagrees with Ron Paul on foreign policy on that point alone. We really have to drive home the argument that we can either (a) worry about what goes on all over the world or (b) worry about what happens here at home.

So you vote for Ron Paul. To hell with the rest of the world. Save America.

That's probably about as close to an endorsement as we're going to get from Glenn Beck.

TheTexan
12-13-2011, 12:37 PM

We are NOT going to win over every republican who disagrees with Ron Paul on foreign policy on that point alone. We really have to drive home the argument that we can either (a) worry about what goes on all over the world or (b) worry about what happens here at home.

That's probably about as close to an endorsement as we're going to get from Glenn Beck.

Yes, I'll take it. This is also the only way talking heads Hannity Limbaugh etc can save face when they inevitably end up supporting Paul

brendan.orourke
12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Do not underestimate Beck's influence, he is still a powerhouse.Yep.

affa
12-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Great clip, sort of. Beck does an incredible job of winning the discussion, really good, actually. But I fail to see why the 'Iran nuke' thing is such an issue. They don't have a nuke. They aren't close to getting a nuke. If they got a nuke, they couldn't hit DC with it. Crazy.

nobody's_hero
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes, I'll take it. This is also the only way talking heads Hannity Limbaugh etc can save face when they inevitably end up supporting Paul

And I think that's a large part of it as well. I used to support Bush several years ago and one of the most difficult things about coming to accept Ron Paul's message is to have to admit that you were wrong, or, at least, misguided.

Ego kind of gets in the way of admitting that fact, and perhaps my conscience was clear somewhat due to the fact that I'd never actually voted for Bush, I only agreed with him. Even today I kick myself at times for being duped.

But it's oh-so emancipating when you no longer have to argue against Ron Paul's message, and join him instead. Once you cross that threshold, you don't go back.

jcarcinogen
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow her major complaint is "Paul wants Iran to have a bomb". The Israel before America attitude is bizarre.

KingNothing
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Glenn Beck wears a merkin? What?

KingNothing
12-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Wow her major complaint is "Paul wants Iran to have a bomb". The Israel before America attitude is bizarre.

Don't you know? Ron Paul wants everyone to die. That's why they call him Doctor Death, or something.

mconder
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Beck is obviously confusing the crap out of his listeners.

Student Of Paulism
12-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow, this was something else. I really wish Glenn would have said something like 'well our military is 10x more advanced than iran, they cant even afford to produce their own gas, no one is even sure what they have, etc, etc'. He is spot on though...i mean, ok, let's say Ron's FP is dangerous. Well what is better? A lunatic like Newt is licking his chops to march in there and drag china and russia into it? Because that will surely happen, and if it does, best make yourself right with God at that point. There is no way someone like Newt would worry about getting our house in order economically, while 'protecting Israel' (which he couldn't really give a shit about anyway). We are already spread way too thin, and about to implode, so you can't have it both ways.

Uhgg...just pathetic people think Israel needs all this fucking protection, it is beyond stupid. Netanyahu already said they don't need our damn help anymore, funny how all jews and media never seem to want to show that :rolleyes:

RIPLEYMOM
12-13-2011, 01:05 PM
The hand that feeds us, Drudge. This story has been up already on his page for 24 hours. It doesn't help to send him links that he has already been using, it shows you don't read his page. No offense meant - I appreciate that you sending him links. Just please check to see if he is already using the link first.

Wow, I haven't posted in a few days - thought I'd participate, today.

I think you misunderstood. I didn't send anyone a link. I just added it here. I'm not on this forum or Drudge, everyday. I'm not sure why you felt the need to assume I should have known about the article and then ask me not to be annoying, publicly, on this thread. Was that productive or really necessary?

Czolgosz
12-13-2011, 01:16 PM
There must be a lot of money circulating from our relationship w/ Israel.

damiengwa
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?#t=06m37sfeature=player_embedded&v=RNlNFtC0slQ

(paraphrasing)

Time 6:37

She said, "I have my bible and i have you glenn." Scary... Completely unable to think for herself. Lives her life as a book and radio host tell her. Maybe she deserves to be a slave. I just wish people like her wouldn't insist on making me one too....

scottditzen
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Wow, what a day to tune in Glenn Beck's show. He has declared NUCLEAR WAR against Newt and that's super terrific for us. His support of Ron comes with some good reason but not without a ton of baggage as well, however.

I am struck by how fractured the Republican party seems right now. Religious right vs. Neocons vs. Libertarian wing....crazy.

But make no mistake about Beck; his candidates are Bachman and Santorum.

And finally, when Beck (or his co-hosts) say the craziest-most-inaccurate-things about Ron, I sure as heck wish Ron would get on the phone and set those idiots straight. They honestly think a Paul presidency means the death of Israel. Or that if Paul was president during WWII, we would have let the axis annihilate the world! His stupid listeners hear this and believe it. It shows that Ron, and WE, are failing in that regard. We have to break voters away from the idiotic notion that Ron is a "nut" just because Rush or whoever says that. I don't know how that is accomplished without Ron openly confronting Rush/Beck/etc. about it and shaming them in front of their dense listeners.

puppetmaster
12-13-2011, 01:31 PM
why has beck not pushed romboy?

EBounding
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I used to have the same position as Beck "We won't be able to defend ourselves anyway when we're debt slaves, so I might as well support Paul". But then I actually LISTENED to Paul and came to the conclusion that our foreign policy is making us LESS safe. I don't think Beck will come to that conclusion (at least publicly), but he's on the right path.

tbone717
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow...just wow. Beck's attacks on Newt are strong, and they are helping us. Paul will get some of the votes, and the rest might trickle down to the also rans, which inevitably help Paul

EBounding
12-13-2011, 01:39 PM
"Listen to me Lisa!"

Beck's getting a small taste of what Paul and his supporters face constantly.

XTreat
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
God this lady scares me

2_Thumbs_Up
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Would it be a good idea to try to get Beck aware of the speech that Netanyahu made?

jason43
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM
If it comes down to saving America or saving Israel, these evangelical nutjobs would probably choose Israel. Meanwhile, Israel could give a shit less and only wants us because they get a lot of money.

Beck hasnt gotten the message that big government and overseas adventurism are two branches of the same tree. Either you have small government and a non-interventionist foreign policy or you have overseas adventurism and the big government that is required to manage it.

I like that Beck brought up that private individuals could support or fight for Israel if they want to. Which I think is perfectly acceptable and dont think anyone would disagree with.

unknown
12-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Cant we just make America the priority for once? Our g-damn way of life is collapsing.

jmdrake
Would it be a good idea to try to get Beck aware of the speech that Netanyahu made?

Which speech is that?

scottditzen
Oh heck, I'm just now reminded of the most hilarious aspect of the show:

Beck fretting, sounding pained and near tears about the upcoming WORLD WAR III that's soon to come....and that when he GETS BACK FROM VACATION they will talk more about it.

So Glenn, you so "sincerely believe" we're on the brink of some wretched disaster, but further discussion on our collective doom is on hold for now because, ya know, it's not more important that your week in the Virgin Islands or whatver lol.

Just keep trashing Newt and that will suffice for now, I guess.

unknown
12-13-2011, 03:00 PM
I like that Beck brought up that private individuals could support or fight for Israel if they want to. Which I think is perfectly acceptable and dont think anyone would disagree with.

Why should our government hand out foreign welfare on the backs of the American people? People are free to donate their own money if they choose to. We have to stop the insanity.

And whos "abandoning" Israel? They will remain our strongest ally. They also have 400 nukes and the most advanced military in the World, how are they helpless?

We just need to put America first.

Netanauyh said they dont want Americans fighting for them.

Many prominent Israelis including Israeli economists Ran Dagoni, Yoel Bainerman, Alvin Rabushka, the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, as well as groups including the Jewish Task Force, the Zionist Freedom Alliance, and the Manhigut Yehudit faction of the Likud Party have long advocated for an end to U.S. foreign aid to Israel. These groups insist that Israel must develop her own economic strength and move towards more free-market economic reforms as a means of boosting national prosperity and strength.

The Jewish Task Force, states among its principles a commitment to:

“An immediate end to all U.S. foreign aid, even to a genuine friend and ally like Israel, which is harmed rather than helped by her counterproductive dependency on America’s addictive welfare handouts.

Hoover Institution Fellow Alvin Rabushka says that aid to Israel hurts Israelis:

“Free money is the scourge of Israel’s economy. It is the difference between a free, prosperous Israel and a statist, dependent Israel. Before U.S. aid began flowing, Israel’s economic performance rivaled that of the high-growth Asian Tigers. Since then, Israel’s growth rate has fallen by more than half.”

Jingles
12-13-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/12/12/glenn-responds-to-latest-attacks-from-progressives-big-government-gop-establishment/

Wow, he utterly DESTROYED Newt Gingrich.

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Of course, Glenn still misrepresented Ron's view on Israel and claimed it would be a disaster for the middle east for Ron to become president. But I guess it's something.

Beck is not misrepresenting Paul's view on Israel. I don't know why I have to keep repeating this but I'll say it again: Beck wants America to wage wars against Israel's enemies and to prevent Iran from getting a nuke by going to war against them, since Paul isn't willing to do that he's anti-Israel by default in the eyes of Beck and the GOP establishment. Stop trying to run away from this and just accept it. Paul can win without pandering to these people and their unreasonable demands.

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 03:20 PM

Netanyahu never said he didn't want America to attack Iran, you are totally misrepresenting his comments.

LawnWake
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Wow this video is really freaking me out. He's treating her like a child and she puts up with it. This is really hard for me to listen to.

MikeM39
12-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Wow this video is really freaking me out. He's treating her like a child and she puts up with it. This is really hard for me to listen to.

She wants to be treated like a child, these evangelical Christian women are in love with Glenn Beck, my mother's female friends are obsessed with him, old women think Beck is a hot guy.

craezie
12-13-2011, 04:11 PM
THANK YOU!!! I have always liked Glenn and thought that he was on the right track, even if misguided in some areas. He very adequately summarizes the bottom line--this is the last hallelujah for America and freedom. Nothing else matters as much as keeping your constitutional rights and individual freedom. As long as that still exists, it doesn't matter what you disagree with--at least you will have the ability to hash out the issues in the public forum.

This is the only thing that we need to hammer on with the "other" people out there. Everyone is focused on the trees (what the tax rate should be, who should get what benefits, whether this or that little thing is "fair", who has the best suit or nicest hair) when the forest of liberty is being slashed and burned. My parents are like that--they are conservative, but don't like Ron Paul's foreign policies and think he is old and kooky. Basically, I told them that even if he was too old and kooky, his last functional brain cell in senility would be telling him "freedom". I'd rather have freedom than any form of slick repackaged progressivism.

Cap
12-13-2011, 04:21 PM

That's probably about as close to an endorsement as we're going to get from Glenn Beck.The problem is, he will say something different tomorrow.

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Seriously, if for some incredible reason (God forbid) we ended up at war with China, Paul is the best President we could possibly have. Not just to survive, but to, if possible, win. Including winning strategically by not exchanging fire, how Reagan beat the Soviet Union. Liberty beats state control every day of the week. With the right President we could crush China productively and economically before it ever came to war.

Cap
12-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Seriously, if for some incredible reason (God forbid) we ended up at war with China, Paul is the best President we could possibly have. Not just to survive, but to, if possible, win. Including winning strategically by not exchanging fire, how Reagan beat the Soviet Union. Liberty beats state control every day of the week. With the right President we could crush China productively and economically before it ever came to war.QFT.

LibertyDreckman
12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
If we ever can convince the GOP sheep that the most loving policy toward Israel is one where we don't tell them what to do (and not one that tells them what to do just because we give them money, and their enemies more money), then we can make even bigger strides. This includes the likes of Beck, Hannity, etc. However, they are definitely seeing where Ron couldn't be anymore right on economic and domestic policies as to government spending.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Good video

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2011, 05:14 PM
If we ever can convince the GOP sheep that the most loving policy toward Israel is one where we don't tell them what to do (and not one that tells them what to do just because we give them money, and their enemies more money), then we can make even bigger strides. This includes the likes of Beck, Hannity, etc. However, they are definitely seeing where Ron couldn't be anymore right on economic and domestic policies as to government spending.

There is a Netanyahu quote to Congress that should be forced viral. Not attaching RP so much as forcing the idea. Reshape the lens and RP on Israel becomes instantly rational.

degen
12-14-2011, 02:18 AM
People Glenn Beck is getting HAMMERED by so called "conservatives" for the tea party racist thing (which was really just tongue in cheek) and his attacking of Newt. We should be encouraging him, really. You should see all the people threatening to cancel GBTV. Time to give Glenn some credit and also our encouragement.

mport1
12-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Shared on Facebook. We need to spread this around.