PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia Beheads Woman for Practicing 'Sorcery'

Rael
12-13-2011, 01:09 AM
No explanation as to why she didn't just cast a spell to set her captors on fire. Maybe she was low on mana.

How is beheading people for victimless crimes any less worse than the stuff being done to people in Libya? Why aren't we invading Saudi Arabia too?

Saudi Arabia Beheads Woman for Practicing 'Sorcery'

A Saudi woman was beheaded on Monday following a conviction of practicing sorcery, which the ultra-conservative kingdom bans, Saudi Arabia’s interior ministry said.

The execution of Amina bint Abdulhalim Nassar took place in the northern province of Jawf for "practicing witchcraft and sorcery," the ministry said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency.

The latest beheading brings the number of executions in the kingdom up to 73 this year, Amnesty International said. The exact number of women executed remains unknown, but another woman was beheaded in October after being convicted of killing her husband by setting his house on fire, AFP reported.

"The charges of 'witchcraft and sorcery' are not defined as crimes in Saudi Arabia," said Philip Luther, Amnesty’s interim director of the Middle East and North Africa.

"To use them to subject someone to the cruel and extreme penalty of execution is truly appalling," he said in a statement, stressing the "urgent need" to stop executions.

Saudi Arabia's strict interpretation of Islamic Shariah law calls for the death penalty for offenses such as rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

Pauls' Revere
12-13-2011, 01:16 AM
what evidence proves your a sorceress?

Xenophage
12-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Her staff obviously didn't proc :(

ronpaulitician
12-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Paul would legalize sorcery.

JK/SEA
12-13-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't want to sound insensitive, but what is your point in posting that story?

Kotin
12-13-2011, 01:34 AM
What year is it?

VIDEODROME
12-13-2011, 01:46 AM

Well it's like this. You burn witches right? But you also burn.... Wood!

So from this we can deduce that Witches are made of Wood.

Aside from Wood burning it also floats on water just as a Duck.

So if she weighs the same as a duck she must be made of Wood and she is a Witch!!

///////very crudely paraphrased Monty Python

KingRobbStark
12-13-2011, 02:04 AM
If we only we had reached her first. We could have won this election a lot quicker.

Rael
12-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Well it's like this. You burn witches right? But you also burn.... Wood!

So from this we can deduce that Witches are made of Wood.

Aside from Wood burning it also floats on water just as a Duck.

So if she weighs the same as a duck she must be made of Wood and she is a Witch!!

///////very crudely paraphrased Monty Python

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

dillo
12-13-2011, 03:51 AM

under sharia law women are about on par with slaves in the U.S. during that time period. If a man says your bad, your dead

hazek
12-13-2011, 07:29 AM
It's a very small leap from believing in an all powerful invisible friend living in the skies to a witch... :rolleyes:

Krugerrand
12-13-2011, 07:36 AM
but we know she won't do it again. :toady:

Nate-ForLiberty
12-13-2011, 07:40 AM
this is why it's so important to own guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYeqDD96gLg

One day it will be your witch.

eduardo89
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Paul would legalize sorcery.

Christine O'Donnell endorsement coming our way?

Krugerrand
12-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Christine O'Donnell endorsement coming our way?

well played.

asurfaholic
12-13-2011, 08:35 AM
It's a very small leap from believing in an all powerful invisible friend living in the skies to a witch... :rolleyes:

That was unnecessary

nelsonwinters
12-13-2011, 08:38 AM

ghengis86
12-13-2011, 08:56 AM
That was unnecessary

Buy not untrue

Revolution9
12-13-2011, 09:08 AM
That was unnecessary

He is unnecessary. His post history proves it. Five shots against then a minor prop.

Rev9

Revolution9
12-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Buy not untrue

Bogus implication that believers believe in a sky ghawd. Those who do believe know that IT goes on within you and without you. You talk about a finger pointing at the moon as though it is the moon.

Rev9

ExPatPaki
12-13-2011, 09:39 AM
under sharia law women are about on par with slaves in the U.S. during that time period.

Not true at all. My wife loves living under Sharia. And Saudi Arabia doesn't practice Sharia. They have their own sick twisted laws which they label Sharia.

Krugerrand
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I think we should drop bombs on Saudi Arabia. So what if their civilians die - at least they won't be executed by their own government.

milo10
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Honest question: How does Saudi Arabia compare with Iran in terms of the brutality of its regime? I have long been under the impression that Saudi Arabia was worse overall, but don't really know.

ExPatPaki
12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Iran is better in a sense that the people at least get to vote, even it is for a select number of candidates. Women can drive, vote and serve in legislatures. Women are also highly educated in Iran with around 97% of college graduates being women, and 1 in 5 doctors being women as well. Due to their gender segregated society, it creates a need for women lawyers, doctors, bankers, teachers, etc.

Both countries have stupid laws regarding dress code which only creates a backlash against the ruling class.

eduardo89
12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Iran is way way more free in every single aspect imaginable.

Brian4Liberty
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM

She turned the GOP front-runner into a Newt...

asurfaholic
12-13-2011, 10:47 AM
She turned the GOP front-runner into a Newt...

Now THATS funny

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't want to sound insensitive, but what is your point in posting that story? Probably good for people to know that your oil dollars go to a bunch of retarded barbarians , who then build schools to teach more people to be like them, but the liberals do not want you to use resources here ...

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:01 PM
what evidence proves your a sorceress? No evidence needed , that is determined privately by the judge . The torture starts when the arrest is made and will not stop until confession.

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Iran is way way more free in every single aspect imaginable. As long as your not of the Baha'i faith , then you must be killed or jailed , your property seized and everything bulldozed by barbaric retards.

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:07 PM
She turned the GOP front-runner into a Newt... Newt is an Iranian Judge ;0 , once thought he should execute people for drugs ...

heavenlyboy34
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
lolz..classic!! :D

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Not true at all. My wife loves living under Sharia. And Saudi Arabia doesn't practice Sharia. They have their own sick twisted laws which they label Sharia. Ex Pat is correct , in The Kingdom of Saud , the Wahabbi make the rules .

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Honest question: How does Saudi Arabia compare with Iran in terms of the brutality of its regime? I have long been under the impression that Saudi Arabia was worse overall, but don't really know. Depends on who you are , a woman ? probably better in Iran as long as nobody accuses you of anything , a Christian ? better in Iran . In Saud , if your Christian , your mail will be read and the religious police will search your home ....

eduardo89
12-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Depends on who you are , a woman ? probably better in Iran as long as nobody accuses you of anything , a Christian ? better in Iran . In Saud , if your Christian , your mail will be read and the religious police will search your home ....

In Saudi Arabia you are not allowed to be a Christian. It is illegal, so it's more than than just your mail will be read. You can be executed for converting to Christianity.

acptulsa
12-13-2011, 12:21 PM
And to think Saudi Arabia is our best buddy in the region. And all because they don't get off the petrodollar and give lots and lots of money to the Bush family...

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:23 PM
In Saudi Arabia you are not allowed to be a Christian. It is illegal, so it's more than than just your mail will be read. You can be executed for converting to Christianity. The imported workers are allowed to be Christian since they already were , quietly .

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 12:24 PM

Right. Cause in countries run by atheists, such as China and North Korea, people are never killed by their government for no good reason. :rolleyes:

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:25 PM
There are probably 5 million foreign workers in Saud , most of whom are probably Christian and Hindu. The young people there cannot fill the jobs , all they learn in school is religion...

specsaregood
12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I think all the joking and laughter in this thread is really classless. I mean, its a thread about a woman being beheaded.

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Right. Cause in countries run by atheists, such as China and North Korea, people are never killed by their government for no good reason. :rolleyes: I would guess North Korea , Saud and Iran to be the largest Liberty haters I could think of off the top of my head...

oyarde
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
I think all the joking and laughter in this thread is really classless. I mean, its a thread about a woman being beheaded. There really is nothing funny about the brutality people have to endure there . Thank you for pointing that out .

Jingles
12-13-2011, 12:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EWC5G.jpg

Elwar
12-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Extremists can do some scary things in the name of religion....

brushfire
12-13-2011, 12:52 PM
These 3rd world Arab nations... They need to modernize and start using UAV's to execute their citizens.
pffft... Beheading is soooo 17th century... And witchcraft? That's sooo 15th century... ...barbarians.

heavenlyboy34
12-13-2011, 01:09 PM
These 3rd world Arab nations... They need to modernize and start using UAV's to execute their citizens.
pffft... Beheading is soooo 17th century... And witchcraft? That's sooo 15th century... ...barbarians.
LOLZ!!!! :D It's funny 'cuz it's true. Those a-rabs and Persians also need to learn how to use predator drones.

HOLLYWOOD
12-13-2011, 01:40 PM
witchcraft? sorcery? all they have to do, is change that to; Radical, anti-establishment, anarchist, inciter, rebel, etc.

They are in the process

JK/SEA
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Well, where i live, we just had a cop empty his service revolver into the back of some drunk guy. If we could simply cut heads off here it would save bullets for more important things like killing dogs.

eduardo89
12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
LOLZ!!!! :D It's funny 'cuz it's true. Those a-rabs and Persians also need to learn how to use predator drones.

Well soon the Iranians will ;)

acptulsa
12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
So, is sorcery easier or harder to prove than terrorism?

brushfire
12-13-2011, 03:39 PM

That's right! Iran is Persia!

dillo
12-13-2011, 03:56 PM
In Saudi Arabia you are not allowed to be a Christian. It is illegal, so it's more than than just your mail will be read. You can be executed for converting to Christianity.

converting to christianity is a death sentence in Iran as well

dillo
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Right. Cause in countries run by atheists, such as China and North Korea, people are never killed by their government for no good reason. :rolleyes:

They probably dont kill them because sky man tells them to

Danke
12-13-2011, 04:01 PM

They kill them out of love.

Athan
12-13-2011, 04:57 PM
World of Warcraft players... beware.

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM

And somehow that makes it all better. :rolleyes:

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM

+rep

jmdrake
12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I would guess North Korea , Saud and Iran to be the largest Liberty haters I could think of off the top of my head...

I would put China on the list with their forced abortions and executing Falun Gong practitioners for their organs.

asurfaholic
12-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I think all the joking and laughter in this thread is really classless. I mean, its a thread about a woman being beheaded.

What's 1 woman in 1 country, when our country is responsible for killing people all over the world.

That woman made a choice, probably knowing the consequences. She may or may not be guilty, but that's 1 person in 1 country.

Im more worried about the innocent pakistan children who are constantly killed from above since some bad people moved in near them. Im still recovering from depression brought on by the bombings in libya which cost thousands of innocent lives. I want our president to face trial and be beheaded for THAT. Screw the witch in saudi arabia.

oyarde
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I would put China on the list with their forced abortions and executing Falun Gong practitioners for their organs. Yep

Philhelm
12-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Newt is an Iranian Judge ;0 , once thought he should execute people for drugs ...

Well, before he wanted to implement that, drugs were just illegal, not immoral. Now drugs are immoral, which is why you get to die and he doesn't.

Philhelm
12-14-2011, 01:01 PM

So, does that mean that our government will eliminate love in this country too? You know, to keep us safe and all.

Danke
12-14-2011, 01:02 PM
So, does that mean that our government will eliminate love in this country too? You know, to keep us safe and all.

Just the opposite.

ExPatPaki
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
According to WeBeHigh.com (http://www.webehigh.com/city/detail.php?CITYID=2044):

Smoking tolerance level [1= very illegal 5=virtually legal]: 4.5

Legislation: Iran has a very interesting policy towards buds - planting marijuana is legal if planted for food purposes because in Iran ranians still eat the seeds just like sunflower seeds, and there are also companies in tehran that draw the oil from the seed and sell it legally.

The punishment for possesion of marijuana is a fine of Iranian Rials 10000 (US $1.25)for every gram in your possesion and as long as you have less than 10-15 grams they will not even hassle you. Please always use common sense and caution and remember a smile is better than a frown.

Law Enforcement: Police would be no bother if you don\'t act silly. If you are a foreigner then for sure you\'ll face no problems at all, but if you are caught a few dollars will solve the problem.

Smoking it though is technically illegal but enforcement is next to nothing. You can walk anywhere in Iran and puff away and no one will have any idea that you are smoking weed. Most people here smoke hash or opium so smoking weed is considered as OK.

robert68
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I would guess North Korea , Saud and Iran to be the largest Liberty haters I could think of off the top of my head...

For that to be possible, the settler colony state Israel’s denial of Liberty to the 9 million natives of Palestine first has to be disregarded.

oyarde
12-16-2011, 11:34 AM
For that to be possible, the settler colony state Israel’s denial of Liberty to the 9 million natives of Palestine first has to be disregarded. Interesting observation.

oyarde
12-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Well, before he wanted to implement that, drugs were just illegal, not immoral. Now drugs are immoral, which is why you get to die and he doesn't. I have read that quote several times and can still make no sense of it ? .....