PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich files articles of impeachment for Cheney - should Ron Paul voice in support?

vertesc
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qJK6ApCcKPo

I'm curious what you all think - Kucinich has worked hard to make it clear that this is not a partisan effort. It is a patriotic one. This seems to me to be something that Paul could get behind - between the two of them they would get a lot of election promotion, if nothing else.

On the other hand, this would give serious fodder to the "why is he running as a Republican?" camp. Thoughts? Discussion?

bulloncoins
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I believe that the matter has been tabled. Ron Paul voted to table the bill and not bring it up for further debate. Most republicans did, but at one point were told by their leadership to go ahead and vote to end the debate so a vote could be taken and thus used to embarass the dems.

I don't know why Ron Paul voted the way he did. I am sure had he voted to end debate, the Republican party would use it to try to further distance their "base" from the good Dr.

RP4ME
11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
I believe that the matter has been tabled. Ron Paul voted to table the bill and not bring it up for further debate. Most republicans did, but at one point were told by their leadership to go ahead and vote to end the debate so a vote could be taken and thus used to embarass the dems.

I don't know why Ron Paul voted the way he did. I am sure had he voted to end debate, the Republican party would use it to try to further distance their "base" from the good Dr.

I think it was actually something the GOP pushed to make ONLY to make the DEMS look foolish in formt of their liberal base b/c teh GOP knew they wouldnt do it. So I think if anything it made a mockery of the process, the seriosness of impeachment and of the Dems. So perhaps RP didnt take it seriously either. i dunno wish he woudl enlighten. If teh GOP starte dteh process you can be sure Cheney gave the nod.

pcosmar
11-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Just a guess, so don't hang me.
I believe it would be a waste of time and money.
It would create a huge media circus that would distract from real issues.
It would cost millions of dollars.
It would not even go to trial before the election.

This is just my guess.

OptionsTrader
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
He didn't vote because of pressure, of that I am sure. He never does. Going back to the Conyers' committee for hearings is the proper forum in Paul's eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYbgouqlMw

constituent
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
congressional paul - yes

republican candidate paul - no

tough call.

OptionsTrader
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
congressional paul - yes

tough call.

Has nothing to do with that. He has never voted for his own advancement or for party political purposes and he isn't starting now.

Seanmc30
11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
congressional paul - yes

tough call.

It is a tough call, but I dont think it would be a good idea. I think it was seen as some kind of desperate attempt by Kusinich to get into the lime light and get his campaign off of the real fringe....Paul should stay honest with no gimmicks other than the message and the word of mouth...

WHo that word comes from is something to be desired....A celebrity perhaps...a respected leader....Retired General Maybe???

OptionsTrader
11-07-2007, 09:48 PM
This is not a new bill. But it is the first time it was read into record. Read it before insinuating Kucinich is doing this now as an attempt to garner limelight.

http://kucinich.house.gov/SpotlightIssues/documents.htm