PDA

View Full Version : If the anti-Newt ads boost Paul in IA..do we need anti-Romney ads in NH?

Agorism
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
If the anti-Newt ads boost Paul in IA..do we need anti-Romney ads in NH?

Eventually we have to defeat him there too so do we consider going after Romney?

(He's probably preparing anti-Paul ads for the event that Paul might win iowa)

http://newsone.com/files/2011/11/romney-fudge.jpg

Bruno
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
(He's probably preparing anti-Paul ads because Paul might win will win Iowa)

fixed that for ya! ;)

sailingaway
12-12-2011, 07:49 PM
He had some showing they were both for TARP etc. They just aren't as brutal. I think Ron really despises what Gingrich stands for.

Gravik
12-12-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlYG6vh2T-M

rich34
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
That's a damn good idea! We just gotta hope the 16th brings in enough money to fdo such a thing..

Napolitanic Wars
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Given how Mitt praised Ron in the debate, I think he wants Ron to win and cut down Newt. After that who knows.

vechorik
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm knocking myself out with the "phone from home" and I'm beginning to worry about NH
I think the Christmas season has definitely interfered with the program -- no one is at home!
Of the NH people that do answer the phone -- my completed survey rate has gone from 12% down to 6.2%
I'll keep trying -- but don't think the "phone from home" is going to be as effective in NH as it is in IA -- due to Christmas maybe

Ads should still work though!

AggieforPaul
12-12-2011, 08:54 PM
We should at least wait until after the caucus is over. Ron and Mitt need a sort of unholy alliance in Iowa to take Newtdown. They'll mutually benefit if Paul beats Gingrich there. Once thats secure, then we can turn the knife and try to go for the home run.

Paul4Prez
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
We should at least wait until after the caucus is over. Ron and Mitt need a sort of unholy alliance in Iowa to take Newtdown. They'll mutually benefit if Paul beats Gingrich there. Once thats secure, then we can turn the knife and try to go for the home run.

And we already know who's better at going for home runs:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/2196761818_2f8de47b14.jpg

walt
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?336945-VIDEO-EDITING-REQUEST-Mitt-Romney-10-000-Bet-Fred-Flintstone-Mashup

Agorism
12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
There is the danger that we're beginning to focus too much on Newt while not focusing on Romney in NH who will have such a large lead by then he will be hard to beat.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I think Dr. Paul should do an anti-Northern Pass Project ad. Highlight how he opposes it and Romney refuses to take a stand on it.

seapilot
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
There is the danger that we're beginning to focus too much on Newt while not focusing on Romney in NH who will have such a large lead by then he will be hard to beat.

Obama and the democrats are spending money in NH, SC and Florida attacking Romney as you posted the French Mitt video in another thread. Not only that but Huntsman is attacking Romney in NH as well and the media has not been favorable to him recently. We are better spending money in NH on ads that promote RP ideas and plans.

Newt is the immediate threat now. No one is attacking (hardly anything from the media) Newt except RP and soon Romney will be. If Newt is not knocked out soon there wont be much reason to attack Romney.

Aratus
12-13-2011, 12:12 AM
^good point^

milo10
12-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Obama and the democrats are spending money in NH, SC and Florida attacking Romney as you posted the French Mitt video in another thread. Not only that but Huntsman is attacking Romney in NH as well and the media has not been favorable to him recently. We are better spending money in NH on ads that promote RP ideas and plans.

Newt is the immediate threat now. No one is attacking (hardly anything from the media) Newt except RP and soon Romney will be. If Newt is not knocked out soon there wont be much reason to attack Romney.

Great response. I also think there is a mutually understood alliance between the two campaigns to leave each other alone right now. We have to knock Newt out of the way for Iowa, and have him sunk to lower-tier status by the time South Carolina comes rolling around.

Maybe it would be different if the campaign had unlimited resources, but this makes perfect sense right now.

Agorism
12-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Newt is toast...
Give it one week. His numbers in Iowa will be flat lined.

But if we want momentum we need to defeat Romney in NH as well.

coffeewithchess
12-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Newt is toast...
Give it one week. His numbers in Iowa will be flat lined.

But if we want momentum we need to defeat Romney in NH as well.

While he may be toast, I think now is the time for RP's campaign to start with some positive ads about RP himself...kind of like the military/vet ad they ran before, but more on his record, and using "Consistent", "Consistency", or "Constant" as a theme.

vechorik
12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I think Dr. Paul should do an anti-Northern Pass Project ad. Highlight how he opposes it and Romney refuses to take a stand on it.

The campaign has to be careful with that because many NH people WANT that project.
There are about 3 opposition groups that I listed in suggestions -- letter and brochure to only the opposition would be more effective.

tremendoustie
12-13-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm knocking myself out with the "phone from home" and I'm beginning to worry about NH
I think the Christmas season has definitely interfered with the program -- no one is at home!
Of the NH people that do answer the phone -- my completed survey rate has gone from 12% down to 6.2%
I'll keep trying -- but don't think the "phone from home" is going to be as effective in NH as it is in IA -- due to Christmas maybe
Ads should still work though!

Interestingly, I've found the exact opposite with the persuasive calls, from HQ. People are more willing to talk, and more pro-paul than ever.

Krugerrand
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Here's my idea for something ....
These prominant Repbulicans have all endorsed Mitt Romney for president. (show carboard/puppet figures of endorsors.)
These are the promiant Republicnas that did NOT receive a substantial campaign contribution from Mitt Romney. (show the few if any that are left.)

These are the employers who donated the most to Mitt Romney in the last quarter (show goldman sachs, etc)
These are the companies that received TARP/bailout funds (take away those that did not)

perhaps another similar example

Then ... contrast that with Ron Paul and his popular support.