PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul’s Campaign Gets to Have All the Fun

ChrisDixon
12-12-2011, 05:19 PM
http://gawker.com/5867359/

Ron Paul's got it made. While Mitt Romney is struggling to save his pretty-boy campaign, and Newt Gingrich is trying to clarify what "going negative" means, Paul is releasing these long, futuristic ads beating the dickens out of everyone (in this case, Gingrich).

Paul is in second place in Iowa. What are his opponents supposed to do with him, getting in the way like this? If they start going out of their way to trash him, then Paul will just declare an independent bid and hand Obama his reelection. Watch out for the old man. Watch out for all old men, really, as a general rule.

Perry
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
HA! Lol. Hadn't thought about it that way.

undergroundrr
12-12-2011, 06:03 PM
He's like a tank rolling straight across the establishment narrative. The third-party threat is his impenetrable armor.

freejack
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
It's about time Ron got to have some fun. Still remember the debates in '07 where they'd laugh whenever Ron spoke. It's payback time.

kylejack
12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
It's true. The other part is that he has a lot of supporters in Iowa right now, and I think the other candidates know that everyone considers him the consistent fiscal conservative. I think they know that they make themselves look better by praising him, which is why Romney and Perry praised him the other night. They're trying to borrow some of those conservative credentials by pretending to admire them.

kylejack
12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Ha, I just noticed that Huntsman wasn't on the candidate selection screen. Ouch.

rideurlightning
12-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Not going to even bother reading the comments, because they are likely from liberal douche bags (it's Gawker duh) but this article cannot be more true lol.

Crickett
12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Someone on a radio talk show made a good point today. The host was saying he would vote for ANY Republican besides Obama. The guy said he wouldn't because all but Paul would be as bad as Obama and would make people think at the beginning that they were not.

Paulitics 2011
12-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Serial Hypocrisy 2? Not just one ad, but a whole campaign dedicated to exposing Gingrich for the slimy crook he is?

Money well spent. I'm lovin' it.