PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Paul would destroy Obama in a debate.

Ronulus
12-12-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez5robAWmu4

The same sentiment he speaks towards obama can be said to gingrich as well. He offers no real change.

Luieburger
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Yep. He can really make liberal voters think twice when he mentions how Obama has failed us on foreign policy and the war on drugs. I voted for Obie in 2008 because I wanted to see military spending cut and the DEA eliminated (or at least reduced).

What did we get?

-Bailouts
-More military spending
-Continued raids on medical marijuana dispensaries
-A lot of other crap

and one good thing.
-Don't ask don't tell repeal.

That argument alone will bring over a lot of young voters like myself really fast.

Ashhhhh
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Obama is a really good debater though. Ron did good last debate but I'm not sure he'd fair well in a 1v1 debate. I really want to see Peter Schiff debate Obama

bluesc
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Obama is a really good debater though. Ron did good last debate but I'm not sure he'd fair well in a 1v1 debate. I really want to see Peter Schiff debate Obama

Yeah you keep saying that. He would destroy Obama.

Darthbrooklyn
12-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Ron Paul would crush Obama... people are tiired of Obamas empty words and cheap slogans

dude58677
12-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Imagine the debate over Obamacare?!?!

Apparition
12-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Obama can't debate with substance... and it was easy for Obama to debate last time with such a small sample of a thin Senatorial record. He could afford to say all of the right things and make it all sound great.

But now that he's been in 3 years and has an ABYSMAL record that can get torn apart, what exactly can Obama debate? When you juxtapose Obama with Ron Paul on a national stage, it's going to be quite an eye-opener for a LOT of people.

ShaneEnochs
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on this time around. In '08, he whooped up on McCain because, first of all, McCain was an imbecile (still is), and second of all, we had a Republican president and the economy was heading into the toilet. This time around, the economy is horrible, but this is Obama's baby. He can't promise to close Gitmo, nor can he promise to wind down the Afghan or the Iraqi war. He can't promise to bring people together considering that the nation is more divided now than it has been since the civil war.

When Ron gets on that stage, he's going to be able to name every single broken Obama promise. Then he'll be able to say here's what I've been standing up for for thirty years, and this is what I'm going to give you when I'm president. Ron has a fantastic track record. Obama has broken promises. Who's going to win that debate?

ronpaulfollower999
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Obama can't debate with substance... and it was easy for Obama to debate last time with such a small sample of a thin Senatorial record. He could afford to say all of the right things and make it all sound great.

But now that he's been in 3 years and has an ABYSMAL record that can get torn apart, what exactly can Obama debate? When you juxtapose Obama with Ron Paul on a national stage, it's going to be quite an eye-opener for a LOT of people.

This. And Ron Paul won't be competing with people that try to copy some of his talking points. I think Ron would be dropping truth bombs the entire debate.

seapilot
12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Obamas teleprompter would read this during a Ron Paul debate: INPUT ERROR_

Ronulus
This. And Ron Paul won't be competing with people that try to copy some of his talking points. I think Ron would be dropping truth bombs the entire debate.

And if it were Gingrich vs Obama in a debate how could gingrich attack obama for things gingrich has also done and is for? It would be Gingrich criticizing obamacare and Obama saying "Well you supported it yourself Newt". How could he really challenge anything he says?

Ronulus
Obamas teleprompter would read this during a Ron Paul debate: INPUT ERROR_

Then he would respond with "What is that, i've never seen that before. F*** it were doing it live".