PDA

View Full Version : RP =>Critical Mass 'Straw That Broke the Camel Back' + Shameless Republican Profiling

nayjevin
11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
the butterfly effect of raising $4 million in a day will result in exponential new touches to potential voters. our growth in the future will largely be defined by how many people find out about Ron Paul & his fundraising week in this 10 day window. However, I fear that many of the people who hear about it will be those who are unlikely to vote in the republican primary.

Let's remember who we're trying to reach for the primary vote:

Open Primary States:
Any registered voter

Closed Primary States/Caucus states:
Registered Republicans OR anyone willing to register before the deadline

NOTE: some state's registration deadlines have passed, including NY -- so in those states we are trying to reach only those people who are already registered republican.

There are so many states where the bulk of the people we need to reach are current Republicans that it would help to focus on the demographics of that group.

'Current Republicans' (other than the already registered Paulites) can be generalized as follows:

1. Conservative minded
2. Higher avg age than 'Current Democrats'
3. Any others?

and can be divided several ways, generally:

'Rural' Republican or 'Urban' Republican?
An Iowa Republican might be big on farm regulations, animal ID, etc, while a NY republican might be more interested in sound monetary policy.

Pro-War Republican or 'Anti-Terrorism' Republican or 'Anti-War' Republican?
Some are Hannity-Heads who just like war for whatever insane reason. Forget them.
Some have taken the pill of Terror-Fear-Mongering and are convinced we have to fight them over there so we don't fight them over here or whatever. -- These types are prime to RP if they take moment to listen to his logic.
Others are Anti-War Republicans, and a short video should get them right over to the donation page. Just make sure to catch them before the Dems do. :)

Another thing to remember in the closed primary states is that the college vote is almost worthless -- except when coupled with a registration drive to get students to register Republican (even then only in states where the deadline has not passed) In general, students tend to lean liberal, Republicans don't have huge numbers on campus (you grow into conservatism with age and wisdom ;)

In short, a good chunk of what we have to do to get Paul in the White House involves CHANGING THE MINDS OF CURRENT REPUBLICANS.

The one biggest generalization relevant to us about current republicans is this:

THEY GET MOST OF THEIR NEWS FROM THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA - ROUCHE, SHAMMITY, ORLLY, ETC

We must get to these people in a direct fashion. This is what I believe the campaign has in mind when they produce commercials that seem somewhat cheezy to us. They are not aimed at the general population, and they shouldn't be. They are aimed at ONLY republicans in some states, and ONLY at voters in others. Voters are generally older people, and the older you get, the more you like cheeze.

SO...

OUR EFFORTS TO CHANGE THE MINDS OF CURRENT REPUBLICANS IS IN DIRECT OPPOSITION TO THE MSM'S GOALS (PTB)

MSM is continuing the fear mongering in Iran. They're propping up Shucksterby, and they continue to act as though there is such a thing as a Ghouliani supporter. They will not change.

They will CONSTANTLY from now until the election be airing content designed to create the reality in CURRENT REPUBLICAN'S MINDS that there are viable candidates other than Ron Paul.

We all know our job is to convince them Ron Paul's campaign is the ONLY ONE THAT'S VIABLE.

Help me brainstorm ways to reach these people and CHANGE THEIR REALITY.

one way is to show some of the excellent videos that mash up main stream media clips that show big name people talking positively about paul. they'll swallow the fallacy of the voice from authority like candy.

another suggestion i have heard is to use the technique of aiming at hearts and emotions instead of intellect and reason. that's how the appeal to fear of 'terror' worked to get them where they are.

any thoughts?

shepburn
11-07-2007, 04:59 PM
good post!

Everyone Read it AGAIN!

Stratagy is very important now. We must channel our excitement like a narrow intense laser beam!

runderwo
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
good post!

Everyone Read it AGAIN!

agreed

jacmicwag
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
After seeing 2,000 students show up for a RP rally in Michigan, I'm not ready to give up on the student vote. To the contrary, I think this is one of our strongest demographics. Now getting them registered and out to vote is an issue to be addressed.

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I am a Ron Paul Republican :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33021

nayjevin
11-08-2007, 12:40 AM
After seeing 2,000 students show up for a RP rally in Michigan, I'm not ready to give up on the student vote. To the contrary, I think this is one of our strongest demographics. Now getting them registered and out to vote is an issue to be addressed.

all depends on the primary structure of the state and the registration deadline. just be sure the reg drive runs right alongside -- it's a powerful tactic. you put ron paul in their head - at the same time they are experiencing the official process -- sometimes for the first time ever.

Severius
11-08-2007, 12:50 AM

I'm a student, and most of the people I know support Ron Paul!

mavtek
11-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Severius have you gotten them all to register and do they plan to vote? Also what state are you in?

nayjevin
11-08-2007, 01:05 AM
I am a Ron Paul Republican

nice !